Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I add historic weight information?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I would like to manually add my previous weight log from another app into the FitBit app so I can have a comprehensive view of my body weight over the years. I tried to do this by pressing the plus sign, however it will not let me and defaults to the current month. Is there a way to mass upload this via a CSV or excel file? 

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

Hello @leilamashea, thanks for joining us, it's great to have you on board! Smiley Happy

At this moment, it's not possible to log in weight in bulk from another app or a CSV or Excel spreadsheet. However, you can manually log in each weight measure using the Fitbit app by tapping on the Weight tile and then on the plus sign. Once here, you'll be able to select the date of the log and your weight and body fat.

LogWeight.png

If the date is not saving correctly, please log out from the app, restart your phone and log back in.

Additionally, it could be a great idea posting your insight as a suggested feature for the Fitbit app to be able to upload a CSV file or Excel spreadsheet. This is truly the best way to make your voice heard and get the attention from the development team. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else! Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

It only allows me to add weight from the past 2 months

Best Answer

Hello @mjhaberman80 and a warm welcome.  What happens when you try to log something more than 2 months old?  Using the directions, I can spin the wheels to any date and log a weight.  If I have a weight for that date, a pop-up says I have a weight for that date and asks if I want to replace it.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

I'm only given the option to record from December 17, 2019, forward. 

Best Answer

Hello. I am having the same issue. There is no wheel.  Instead, a month-long calendar pops up. I'm allowed to hit the left arrow twice to go back 2 months before the arrow disappears entirely. 

I don't mind manually entering old data... i just want to be able to do so! I have weigh-ins at my doc's office going back 10 years, way before I started caring. I'd like to see this all graphed out in my fitbit app. 

Best Answer

The app won't let you enter old dates when creating an entry, but it will let you enter any date when editing one.

So, you can just create a dummy entry with any date (e.j. today) and then edit it to enter the correct date.

It's really dumb that you have to do it this way, but at least it's a workaround...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Release 3.26:

My web weight page prior to entry of bogus weight in the iOS app

Screen Shot 2020-07-23 at 3.48.31 PM.png

My iOS Log Weight Screen for 1/1/2011 - 26 months before previously oldest date -  of 300 pounds - no, I never weighed that much. 

Screen Shot 2020-07-23 at 3.55.01 PM.png

Sync'd phone - new Web Weight Page image:

Screen Shot 2020-07-23 at 3.56.04 PM.png

<<edit>>

On the web, I can select February 7, 2011 using the year and month dropdown and then the individual date with in the monthly calendar displayed and book the weight.

Screen Shot 2020-07-23 at 4.51.11 PM.png

And it books to the date I selected:

Screen Shot 2020-07-23 at 4.52.48 PM.png

<<end edit>>

So, for me, it can be done.

Good luck.

RETIRED Enterprise Computing / "IT Guy" - Southern California - Marine Staff Sergeant 1970-78
Apple Watch 6 - iPhone 8 (iOS 16.6) - FitBit app 3.87 - MacBook Air (macOS Catalina)
Best Answer
0 Votes