Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discrepancy between Charge 2 and Apple Health steps.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Recently received the charge 2, before I got it I was using my iPhone x health to track my daily steps. Since I carry my phone everywhere. Since I started using the charge 2 I have noticed that my steps are about 1000 steps difference from the iPhone x

For example- today my charge 2 says I did 2,500 steps

my iPhone x says 1,500 steps

Anyone else experience this, and has the difference been so big?

I have my charge 2 on my left hand, with the settings saying that my right is my primary hand. I changed it today to say, its on my left hand and my left hand is primary, in hopes to maybe see a difference to bridge that gap.

I guess the question i'm facing is - is the charge 2 over counting? or is the iPhone x under counting.

Thanks again for any insight

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
24 REPLIES 24

The discrepancy is in both the gps mileage covered and the step count...if I take 100 steps, I take 100 steps regardless of whether it’s recorded on Fitbit or Apple. I’ve now moved to Apple Watch and only using my Fitbit when I’m away camping as I have no ability to charge my apple device. Lack of battery is the only downside I’ve found so far with the Apple Watch. Fitbit’s lack of motivation to integrate their products with Apple Health has, I suspect, cost them many more users than just me. You just have to look at the number of posts and comments over the last 5 years to see that many have voted with their feet and left.

i also found today that although my phone recorded the details of my walk and converted the distance covered to steps, it won’t update those steps to the challenge I was competing in. Not much good when even your own apps won’t work properly really.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit is always too generous with the steps.  I wear my Charge 3 on left wrist being right-handed but set it as dominant to help cut down sensitivity.  There will always be discrepancy with your iPhone Apple Health as you are not carrying your phone 24/7 and Fitbit is not a source of data input in Apple Health to reconcile the steps.

On the rare occasions when you only carry your phone and are not wearing your Fitbit, there may be a way to capture the steps for your challenges.  From your Fitbit app, tap Account icon, Set Up a Device and add MobileTrack.  MobileTrack will take the steps recorded by your phone and sync the data with steps recorded by your Fitbit tracker.

Hope these help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just went grocery shopping. My Fitbit Charge 3 says 635 steps. It seemed like more, so I checked my iPhone, and it says 1034. Well that’s frustrating. 😒 I am using a weight loss app and it is synced to my Fitbit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

After reading some of the other replies I realize my Fitbit probably didn’t pick up my steps because my arms were not moving. They were on the grocery cart, lol.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Finely tuned algorithms...lol. Not sure why Fitbit can’t just take the users’ feedback and improve things instead of defending it. I’ve gone Apple Watch, so don’t really care, but this has become a joke. 

Best Answer
0 Votes