Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Fitbit sync with Apples Health app?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I would love it if it Fitbit synced with the Health app from Apple. Someone please tell me it does and how to do it. I can't figure it out.
Best Answer
459 REPLIES 459

Perhaps GDPR will force FitBit to offer Apple Health Sync plus the ability to sync to other devices and platforms. Including all HR data.

And heres why...

GDPR - Right to data portability

• The right to data portability allows individuals to obtain and reuse their personal data for their own purposes across different services.
  • It allows them to move, copy or transfer personal data easily from one IT environment to another in a safe and secure way, without affecting its usability.

This is a European regulation which can initiate fines of up to 20,000,000 Euros. And my understanding is that even though Fitbit may be an American company it has to abide by these regulations for EU citizens.

Maybe if FitBit won't listen to it's users about data portability then the EU will? 

Oh and let me just add......

This may include:

• history of website usage or search activities;
  • traffic and location data; or
  • ‘raw’ data processed by connected objects such as smart meters and wearable devices.
Best Answer

@Cacus wrote:

Perhaps GDPR will force FitBit to offer Apple Health Sync plus the ability to sync to other devices and platforms. Including all HR data.

And heres why...

GDPR - Right to data portability

• The right to data portability allows individuals to obtain and reuse their personal data for their own purposes across different services.
  • It allows them to move, copy or transfer personal data easily from one IT environment to another in a safe and secure way, without affecting its usability.

This is a European regulation which can initiate fines of up to 20,000,000 Euros. And my understanding is that even though Fitbit may be an American company it has to abide by these regulations for EU citizens.

Maybe if FitBit won't listen to it's users about data portability then the EU will? 

Oh and let me just add......

This may include:

• history of website usage or search activities;
  • traffic and location data; or
  • ‘raw’ data processed by connected objects such as smart meters and wearable devices.

While I suspect this wasn't the intention of the regulation's authors, it' s an interesting take. That said, the only ones who will profit from any actions on it will be the lawyers, , ,
Best Answer

My Fitbit Ionic was a gift.. otherwise I would have returned it. The inability to fully integrate with Apple iPhone is a big drawback and will be the primary nreason the watch will be replaced with an Apple Watch. The watch itself worked well until the last firmware update. Since then the step count has been off. Simply loading the dishwasher can add 1000 steps. The same daily routine I’ve followed that was about 10000 steps is now over 13000. 

Best Answer

@johncarney  Take look at Power Sync. It's free if you use the manual sync feature. Which just mean loading the app and tapping on sync. You can purchase the Auto feature for about 1 pound/dollar. However the app then needs to be running all the time (as well as the Fitbit app) and it's hit and miss as to when it auto updates. Mine seems to be anywhere from every 3 to 7 days.

As for duplications. I have come across this especially if you use multiple apps with health. The answer seems to be going into the 'Source' settings in health and manually stating who can pass certain types of data. For example I have some Nokia Scales and there app is the only one who can write the data and all other apps can read it. Other wise you can have the apps that are reading this also re-writing it resulting in multiple entries.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks @Cacus, but the only match for "Power Sync" I can find in the (Australian) app store is PowerSync+ from Bretford Manufacturing Inc, which does not appear to be in the least bit relevant.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Does the Health Sync app pull in multiple heart rate data points or just the resting (1 entry per day)?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@johncarney John this is there website http://powersync.us but only it's now not available on the UK store which is were I got it.

@scrow08 unfortunately it is just the resting (1 per day) on heart rate. I think this is due that Fitbit only allowing access to that.

Best Answer
0 Votes

We need integration of fitbit with Healthkit.  As of now, the only thing remaining in my household is the Fitbit Aria, and I'm already thinking about dumping it.  It is a pain to have to use 3rd party apps just to sync between fitbit and health kit.  If there are 3rd party apps, I'm not sure why fitbit can't directly sync.

Best Answer

Hello everyone, I hope you're doing well. Smiley Happy

Hello @Raphael_charoze, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. It's nice to see you around too @mjperry51, thanks for your help with this situation. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have brought this to my attention. I understand your concern and how important it is for you that the Fitbit app can sync with Apple Health. At this moment there are no plans to implement this feature however, we continue to evaluate new partners and will update you if we have news to share. Fitbit has a history of working with the community to bring potential features to reality, and we thank you for taking the time to share your ideas and suggestions.

As @cyberjedi mentioned earlier, please be careful when giving an external app your personal information, I've seen some of you are using "myFitbitSync" to create a bridge between Fitbit and Apple Health but take in consideration that this is not an app supported by Fitbit.

I hope this can be helpful and resolves your inquiry, if there's anything else I can do for you please feel free to reply, I'll be happy to continue helping you. Happy stepping!

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Because of this, yesterday I bought a new weight scale that has direct integration with Apple Health app and discontinued the use of Fitbit completely.  

Let me know when you add this Apple HealthKit integration and I may consider coming back.  In the meantime, good bye!

Best Answer

@MarcoGFitbit so whats the position on your compliance with GDPR? 

I know you have the data export option in the web sites settings but this doesn't give my heart rate. How do I access MY continuous HR data?

"At this moment there are no plans to implement this feature however, we continue to evaluate new partners and will update you if we have news to share"

To be fair we've heard this before and it's not like were asking you to integrate with some small obscure app. 

Plus Apple supply the APIs for you to easily integrate. And also this would mean you wouldn't really have to have the hassle of working with all partners as you could direct them to Apple Health. 

I think users would have more respect for you if you said we don't want to share the data with Apple.

"please be careful when giving an external app your personal information, I've seen some of you are using "myFitbitSync" to create a bridge between Fitbit and Apple Health but take in consideration that this is not an app supported by Fitbit"

It's all well and good saying that but your not giving users much of an option are you?

Best Answer

Very disappointing I saw the Same response from 2016. Unfortunately I may also decide to switch to I watch. I like my Fitbit but without the functionality it loses it value

Best Answer

Hello @Mary1966, thanks for joining the conversation, it's a pleasure for me to welcome you to the Fitbit Community. Thanks for replying @Cacus and @RAUL_S, I hope you're doing well. Smiley Happy

@RAUL_S and @Mary1966, I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you've come across due to this situation. I'm sad to see you go but I understand your decision of moving on. 

@Cacus, at this moment I've contacted our Support team on your behalf to look into this situation further and provide you with some options. Please keep an eye on your email inbox for further instructions.

In case you need anything else, please feel free to reply as well. Happy stepping. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This isn’t a solution. I’m getting tired of using Fitbit. Please integrate or il take my fitness elsewhere. 

Best Answer

I want to buy the ionic or versa, dealbreaker is using apple healthcenter.  Can you tell me more about this. Will this feature be availeble in the near future?

Best Answer

In summary 4 yrs later we have not made it possible to sync with Health app.  You should buy another companies  fitness tracker watch Thank you 

Best Answer

@Hberman18136 wrote:

In summary 4 yrs later we have not made it possible to sync with Health app.  You should buy another companies  fitness tracker watch Thank you 

I think people ultimately will. The market is getting saturated with fitness trackers and some do integrate with Health like the Nokia HR and probably the android equivalent (assuming there is one).

Obviously those who want Health are Apple users and seeing how iOS 12 in having major fitness app updates then this is more likely to pull people across. Also it wouldn't surprise me if a "cheaper" Apple Watch came out in the same way they did with the iPhone 5c.

GDPR means Fitbit MUST give us access to all our data. Fair enough this must be in CSV format. But we now in the EU (which obviously effects everyone else) can demand data portability. 

Now my understanding is that from the request of the data Fitbit would have 30 days to supply ALL of it (including continues HR). in CSV format. So if all apple users start making those request every month then it would obviously be easier for Fitbit to appease them by addressing the issue.

Europeans.... make your request now!

Best Answer

Doubting between apple watch and the verso. Price is almost the double for apple watch. Please fitbit wat can you do before i make the wrong choice? 

Best Answer

When are fitbit planning to remove compatibility statement with iPhone as it clearly isn't

Best Answer

Hello everyone, I hope you're all having a great day. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the forums and for voicing your feedback and insight about this situation. At this moment, as mentioned earlier integration between Apple Health and Fitbit is not currently planned. For more information, please refer to @KateFitbit's post about this subject

As there's nothing else to add, I will now close this thread. Please keep an eye for further announcements in case this changes in the future.

Happy stepping! 

Best Answer