Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Fitbit sync with Apples Health app?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I would love it if it Fitbit synced with the Health app from Apple. Someone please tell me it does and how to do it. I can't figure it out.
Best Answer
459 REPLIES 459

I have no desire for third party apps to have access to my personal data. This should be between only Fitbit and Apple. Once you give your data to third parties who knows where else the data goes in addition to  apple health app? Why can't Fitbit allow Apple health to read our personal data? Is it about control? It is our data for heaven's sake. 

Best Answer

The good news is that blackfriday is near, there are lots of discount on apple watch. 

Fitbit doesn't last very long anyway. Mine completely stopped working in under 2 years. So I switched to apple watch and no looking back. If this was never an issue, I might have bought another fitbit to replace the old one. But now after using apple watch, there is just no way I'll buy fitbit ever again, apple watch is just so much better.  

Mwahahaha ... I'm laughing at those fitbit execs who wanted to save a few $ developing apple health integration, and instead lost $$$ in future sales. 

Best Answer

I have an Apple Watch, miband and a Charge 2. Here are my plus and minus of each.

Apple Watch

+ notifications are brilliant, reply to messages, etc

+ high quality

+ syncs offline to phone

+ syncs with health app

- battery life

- no auto detection of workouts

Miband (Xiaomi)

+ battery life over 1 month (it has HR sensor and vibration)

+ good vibration (great for alarms)

+ HQ build, feels like an apple product and yet costs £7

+ compares your exercise and sleep to all the other users in the app

+ offline and online sync

+ shows and remaining days and battery life in app

+ auto detects walking/running

- no competition with friends

- no 24/7 heart monitoring

Charge 2

+ looks great

+ great eco system (lots of friends use it)

+ tracks everything, stairs, steps, HR (24/7)

+ sleep detection

+ exercise detection (not that accurate but most of the time ok)

+ 7 day battery

+ finally, battery status on the device

+ metal case and feels HQ

- plastic screen, although easy to fix scratches with autosol or polywatch

- no health sync

- battery status in the app is poor

- no third party notifications

- vibration is not that great

Best Answer

I appreciate that Fitbit is dedicated to helping people get fit.  I also appreciate that Fitbit is always (?!!!) looking for ways to support our health and fitness goals.  I don't see how this update is helpful.    This has got to be one of the best examples of saying absolutely nothing of importance, while appearing to add information to a thread (i.e.: doublespeak).  Are you saying that Fitbit is looking into adding Apple Health as a partner -- because you don'e say that anywhere in your update.  If Fitbit is not intending to do this, why not?  We'd all like to know. . . 

Best Answer

By the way, I don't see how this is an accepted solution.

Best Answer

Unfortunately this does not add the floors climbed into Fitbit (which is what I want).  If Apple Health data could be read by Fitbit then I could do that.  

Best Answer

Not really impresser with this. I didn’t even look into this aspect before I purchased my Fitbit, because who would’ve ever assumed that it wouldn’t sync with Heath??

I’m sure there’s much more to this than this cloudy response (like Apple making unreasonable demands - to give you the benefit of the doubt) but I’m really annoyed that I had to buy a third party app to do something which Fitbit should so obviously do. 

Best Answer

It needs to happen sooner than later... otherwise we may have to go elsewhere 

Best Answer

This is not a community accepted solution. Please actually listen to the community.

Best Answer

Powersync for iOS supports floors and it's free.

Data types supported by powersync

- Heart Rate
- Steps
- Walking + Running Distance
- Flights Climbed
- Weight
- Body Fat Percentage
- Body Mass Index
- Sleep Analysis (in bed and asleep time)
- Water
- Dietary Calories

Best Answer

Thanks for this post.

I started using Power Sync 

Every one was talking about paid Apps and your post made me alive

Though its manual for the free version ( Paid version - Auto ) sync, but its worth

@honglong1976 wrote:

Don't pay, get a free one. I use this: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/power-sync-for-fitbit/id1071544839?mt=8

It syncs everything to health. But. This is why we need an official sync, with ALL the unofficial sync app, these caveats apply:

Notes:
- Fitbit provides access to daily data only; we're working with Fitbit to support intraday syncing
- Since we don't have intraday data as of now, we're syncing all the data to 12:00 in a day

@honglong1976 wrote:

Don't pay, get a free one. I use this: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/power-sync-for-fitbit/id1071544839?mt=8

It syncs everything to health. But. This is why we need an official sync, with ALL the unofficial sync app, these caveats apply:

Notes:
- Fitbit provides access to daily data only; we're working with Fitbit to support intraday syncing
- Since we don't have intraday data as of now, we're syncing all the data to 12:00 in a day

Best Answer

This may be an "accepted solution" but it is not acceptable. Why would I purchase a product that I cannot use with my other products? I think that you need to return to the negotiating table with Apple and figure this out for your customers. We like our fittest and we like our iPhones. Please help them talk to each other it would make your community of users much happier.

Best Answer

I just bought a Fitbit and assumed it would integrate. It’s getting returned. 

Best Answer

I assumed (always dangerous) that of course it would sync. What company would be so stupid not to have data sync. Guess I found out and will be returning my Fitbit. 

Best Answer

Hi Kate thanks for the update. The most common thing i read now is this: if your Blaze does not have a feature rest assured the Ionic does. My logical or PERHAPS illogical conclusion is that i should not have bought the Blaze. NB the Ionic is jointish venture with Pebble, NOW WHAT happens when Vektor(pardon the spelling) enters the fray? Should i sell the Ionic and buy the new device??

Best Answer
0 Votes

Blah Blah blah....no we don't integrate. That's the round-about answer.

Best Answer

buy an Apple Watch 🙂

Best Answer

So that's it. My girlfriend finally decided to sell her Fitbit Alta and buy a FOSSIL hybrid watch instead.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nooo! not a Fossil watch! I saw a Misfit Phase for £30 in CEX (grade A) which means it's worth nothing! Fossil own Misfit! They'll be dead anytime now!

Apple Watch (iPhone) or Amazfit smart watch (Adroid)

Best Answer

how can you say you are leader of integration when you don’t develop the most obvious one on ios? your products come at a price where is not acceptable to miss obvious features for years. do it already, or explain in detail why you won’t. and reopen this feature request until it is really solves, gentle words are not a solution.

Best Answer