Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit option doesn't work for sleep logs

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Couple weeks ago noticed the edit function for my sleep logs stopped working correctly. Been using same Fitbit ONE for years. The ONE seems fine to record steps and sleep activity and iPhone APP says it’s current. I’m using IOS 12.4. Can edit start/stop times ok and total sleep time changes but number of wake and restless times don’t reflect start/stop changes. I can delete the entire log and re-enter with new stop/start times and get the correct quality info (number of awake/restless periods show change) so something is wrong with the edit function. Been tracking sleep logs for 5 years so I’m not new to the program. Something has changed. Tried logging out and reloading app but nothing fixes problem. Any help appreciated? 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @GP75. Welcome to the Community Forums!

Thanks for bringing this to my attention, as well for the steps tried. I understand your point of view and while it's odd that this is happening, let's work on this together. Before anything else, please verify if the Fitbit app is updated to the latest version. Then, force quit the Fitbit app, reboot your phone and try editing one of your sleep logs. If the same happens, take a screenshot and attach it in your reply with the steps posted here.

Keep me posted! Robot Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did the force quit and nothing changed. This is the current version (3.3.1) of the app.

The first screen shot shows my sleep log when I set the start (9:00 pm) and stop (6:05 am) times for 8 hours 24 minutes asleep. Notice 4 times awake, 12 times restless and 41 minutes awake/restless.

The second screen shot shows the sleep log when I use the Edit Function to change the start (9:34 pm) and stop (4:25 am) times. Notice the time asleep changes to 6 hours 41 minutes but the other sleep quality items didn’t change at all?

So the last screen shot shows what happens when I delete the sleep log and then re-enter the same start (9:34 pm) and stop (4:25 am) times that I had tried to enter thru the edit function. Notice the time asleep shows the same 6:41 but the sleep quality items now show what appears to be correct based on the image.

So my conclusion is the edit function is not working correctly.

Appreciate your help?

4D411F2C-4360-4EDA-88D7-F3EC0EDA0D9E.jpeg

BEBE8470-42DF-4499-8D92-842FE554650B.jpeg

951E3859-FCF9-4ED2-BEB7-4D713EEE52C0.jpeg

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer