Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elevation gain shows zero in graph

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Using the iOS program on my cell phone while I walk, I sync it to the Fitbit app on my Mac computer when I finish walking.  On the computer, I go to Log > Activities > View Details and go down to the Elevation graph.  It shows a 20' variation in elevation for the route I walked, but the Number of Feet Gained figure to the left of the graph reads zero.  How could this be?  What am I missing here?  Or does the figure show only the difference between the starting and ending elevation?  If so, see the start and ending elevation numbers below.

Actually, I walk where there is no rise or drop in elevation - maybe a foot.  So, why does the chart show that I start at 47', go to a low of 27' and wind up at exactly the same place I started, but now at an elevation of 40' during a walk that varies only 1' maximum?  Can someone please explain why this happens and why the Elevation Gain is zero after such a walk?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi @flashman. Welcome to the Community Forums.

Thanks for letting me know about the Fitbit app and the information recorded during your walk. I understand your point of view as the elevation gain at the left side shouldn't read zero in your fitbit.com dashboard. Our team has been informed about this situation which has affected some of our users, and they're currently working to bring a solution as soon as possible. I'm sorry for this inconvenience and be sure that your feedback won't go unnoticed.

I'll be around if you need anything else.

Best Answer
0 Votes