Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Energy tile shows calorie number instead of Kilojoules

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi Team,

Since updating to iOS app 3.13, I have noticed an error has started occurring. On the dashboard, the energy tile is showing the calorie number against instead of the kilojoule number.

For example, the tile shows 3,392 kJ yet when you click on the tile it shows 14,192 kilojoules. converting 14,192 kilojoules into cal is 3,391.9694 Kilocalorie.

I've logged out, logged in, restart etc.

Screen shots attached below.

IMG_4451.jpgIMG_4452.jpgIMG_4454.jpgScreen Shot 2020-01-23 at 14.11.51.png

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

Since updating to 3.13 of the ios app the graph and values for Food in Kj units are showing Kj values for in-take but the Calorie value for out. This is then showing every day as over target.  Seems correct if changing the units to Calories. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ybh37318lys4v5r/img_8243.png

Best Answer
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @SunsetRunner and @eeeeun. Welcome! It's great to see new faces around.

Thanks for providing screenshots of what is displayed in the Fitbit app, as well for your research. You're right about the energy numbers being incorrect. Since the Fitbit app has been updated to the latest version, I've gone ahead and reported this situation to the team so they can look into this. Once I have more details from them, I'll update this thread.

@eeeeun, by the way I moved your post to this thread so we can keep our forums organized, and so you can have a better chance of an answer about this matter. 

If you have any other question, feel free to let me know.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Been wondering if this was affecting anyone else, or just me. Very annoying, makes it really hard to see if I’m over or under for the day!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @thenamesgould. It's nice to see you here again.

About your question, currently there are a few members that have reported this issue and our team is further investigating to bring a solution. I understand the difficulties that you're experiencing and be sure that your feedback won't go unnoticed as it helps us to work on our products and services. I'll update this thread once I have more details from our team.

See you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

In my Fitbit App kilojoules burned is showing numerical data for calories, not kilojoules - eg Kilojoules Burned detail states I've burned 8,004 kj today, but the summary on the front shows 1,913 kj - this is also shown in kj out in the Food details

I have an older iPhone 5S running v3.13 of the Fitbit App

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Mr-ED. Welcome to the Community Forums.

Thanks for letting me know that the Fitbit app is showing incorrect amount for energy, as well for keeping the Fitbit app updated. Our team has been informed that the Fitbit app is showing amount of calories instead of Kilojoules in the dashboard and in the food details. They're investigating and as soon as I have more details, I'll update you here.

About the food details showing incorrect data, I'd recommend to visit this other thread where others are reporting the same issue.

I'll be around if you have another question.

Best Answer
0 Votes