Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove the recent ad showing in the app.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Anyone else suddenly started having adverts on the Fitbit app? It’s really annoying and only started today since the app updated. Annoyed that I paid a lot for the fitbit Surge only to have loads of adverts on the app...can it be disabled?

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
135 REPLIES 135

@SunsetRunner -

I just got the holiday sale "in your face" add and I'm still running 2.43.1 and the newly released version is 2.44.

RETIRED Enterprise Computing / "IT Guy" - Southern California - Marine Staff Sergeant 1970-78
Apple Watch 6 - iPhone 8 (iOS 16.6) - FitBit app 3.87 - MacBook Air (macOS Catalina)
Best Answer

Yes that’s the one - holiday sale advert. Surely if you pay out for the fitbit, you should get a premium version of the app with no ads (I know it’s a free app, but that’s not my point - the fitbit wasn’t free).

Best Answer

How do I get rid of the super annoying ads in the newest app update?

Best Answer

@Stigthoresen -

FYI - though it won't help you, the new app isn't the culprit. I have not installed the app just released today and I got the advertisement.

I have only gotten it once in the last three hours. Hopefully that is all.

RETIRED Enterprise Computing / "IT Guy" - Southern California - Marine Staff Sergeant 1970-78
Apple Watch 6 - iPhone 8 (iOS 16.6) - FitBit app 3.87 - MacBook Air (macOS Catalina)
Best Answer

Was the latest upgrade to insert an advertising section into an already crowded dashboard?  Definitely not appreciated. 

Best Answer

@Dshum -

If you mean the last Fitbit app update from today - no.

I still have the older app and received the full screen add on my iPhone. Luckily only one time in the last 4 hours or so.

Best Answer

How do I get rid of this intrusive ad that sits in the middle of my Fitbit app screen?

Not pleased. 

Best Answer

Who thought putting an ad in the middle of our screen was a good idea? How do we remove it, please?

Best Answer

@SamCat -

Whoa - in the middle of the screen? The ad I saw when I opened the app on my phone was a full screen ad with an "X" in the upper right corner allowing me to close it.

And it hasn't come back.

Best Answer

Mine's not full screen, it's a bar across the middle of the app, and it's extremely irritating.

Owner of 3 dead Zips and 2 dead Ones. Current FItbits: One and Flex 2. iPhone 8, latest ios
Best Answer
0 Votes

And then I took the update.

Ad in the middle of the screen. I pressed it. A browser window popped up. I closed it and came back to the app. Ad was gone.

Logged out and logged back in. Ad gone.

If that is all it is, no foul. Or at least just a little one. Do it more and then it becomes major league bothersome and an abuse of trust.

Best Answer

@janel -

I just took the update and had the ad. I went ahead and pressed on it. A web paged popped up. I immediately closed it and went back to the app.

The ad was gone. I logged out and logged back in. The ad did not come back.

As I said on another thread, one time is no foul. Keep it up and it becomes bothersome and in my mind is an abuse of trust.

Best Answer

Mine opened a full screen ad once and now has a bar across the screen. This is really not ok-everyone with the app already bought a Fitbit. They're not the people to harass with ads

Best Answer
0 Votes

Guess this policy has changed. IMG_0423.PNG

Best Answer
0 Votes

MrMarv, thanks for the tip. I avoid clicking on unsolicited ads in the same way I don't touch junk email, but perhaps this is an exception as it seems to have worked for me as well. I have been generally happy with my Charge 2 and, given the season, can accept one ad as long as it's not a repeating pattern.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SamCat - 

if you press on the ad, it will open up a page in your browser. You can either do what I did and immediately close the page and go back to the app or look at it.

Once I brought up the app again, the ad was gone. I logged out and logged back in twice in the last hour. The ad hasn't come back.

As I have said in two separate posts. One time ok. Do it again and I consider it a breach of trust. After all these years and they start this - maybe somebody has been looking at MyFitnessPal and how they abuse their "non-premium" users. I really don't know. I may have only been on the boards for four months but I have been a Fitbit user for 3 years.

I have to also blame Apple for allowing apps in the app store to have all the advertising in them.

Best Answer

I’ve just started to get adverts appearing when I go to view the app. Seriously annoying. Are Fitbit now going to charge a fee for a ‘Premium’ version of the app to get of the adds?

Best Answer

Same here, I haven’t paid out £150 for a blaze for you to go and start advertising in the required app. Admittedly it’s for your own sites sale but will it stop there? No adverts please.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I didn’t look at the ad, but it is now gone. I hope this won’t be repeated. 

Or, at the very least, move the ad to the bottom of the screen.

Best Answer