Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove the recent ad showing in the app.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Anyone else suddenly started having adverts on the Fitbit app? It’s really annoying and only started today since the app updated. Annoyed that I paid a lot for the fitbit Surge only to have loads of adverts on the app...can it be disabled?

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
135 REPLIES 135

I was very disappointed when I saw a self-serving ad right in the middle of the screen! Fitbit, please don’t commercialize your app. Remove this ad section, and don’t put it anywhere else either!

Best Answer

I've been using Fitbits for several years now, and have watched the company make changes for the worse...... which is why they are struggling financially.

If they start putting ads in a product I've already paid for I'm done with them. I'm not using the mobile app at the moment because it doesn't work, but if I see any ads in the pc app, or start seeing them in the mobile app when I try it again I'll immediately be selling my trackers and going with another brand.

That's the ONE thing I refuse to put up with AT ALL!!!!

Best Answer

Just updated my app and now there’s a huge banner Ad perminantly planted right in the middle of my home screen. I didn’t spend $200+ On one of your devices to be bombarded and hounded to buy a new device every time I open the app and to have it in my face the whole time I’m in there. Get rid of the constant in app advertising or my next device will be a watch with a fruit logo.

Best Answer

Hello everyone, I hope you're having a great day. Smiley Happy

I understand your concern about the recent Holiday Sale banner showing up in the app. I appreciate your feedback and would like to suggest you to tap on it once and close the browser window that will appear as @MrMarv suggested. Once you tap on it and go back to the app the banner will no longer show up. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

@MarcoGFitbit wrote:

Hello everyone, I hope you're having a great day. Smiley Happy

I understand your concern about the recent Holiday Sale banner showing up in the app. I appreciate your feedback and would like to suggest you to tap on it once and close the browser window that will appear as @MrMarv suggested. Once you tap on it and go back to the app the banner will no longer show up. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

The point is that they “Make you” click on the Ad or It won’t go away. I don’t care how long it takes me to click and then hit done to get rid of it. I shouldn’t “have to” do that in this platform. Especially when I paid $200+ dollars for your device. Let’s chalk this up as a boneheaded mistake by whichever nucklehead executive who made this decision. Let’s take the immediate backlash from the community as a lesson learned that it won’t be tolerated and not insert Manditory Click Ads into the app again. Otherwise, like I said earlier, my next device will have a fruit logo on it and it rhymes with smapple! 

Best Answer

I agree! However, more importantly, by inserting an ad into your app, you have obviously created a conduit into our phones. That leaves us with a potential vulnerability if some bad actor figures out how to access this channel. Please remove this code. It isn’t safe. No channel like this ever is. That’s why I don’t use apps that display ads. 

Best Answer

How do I opt out of the advertising? Not acceptable. 

Best Answer

Hi

Which phone do you have? (iOS, Android, Windows)? 

As far am aware, Fitbit doesn't send any advertisements (not getting any on Android).. do they appear in the fitbit app? Cat Embarassed

Best Answer
0 Votes

It is coming up on my iPhone and my wife's LG android phone 

never had them before, and on the iPhone it takes ages to accept you pressing on the x to close 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Are you sure your not talking about the web? 

The only advertisements I've seen on the app is when a firmware update is a soluble. 

On fitbit.com there is a banner on the top that advertises Fitbit products and this is easily closed by clicking on the "x" in the corner. 

If you want you can post a screen shot of the window. 

Screenshot_20171214-134356.png

Best Answer

I have started getting adverts in the Android app.

Time to look at a different brand, fitbit have gone rogue.

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner -

As I have stated in numerous threads about this, and @MarcoGFitbit acknowledges in his post in this thread, take the link o-n-e time and it will go away. You don't have to read the web page that comes up - in fact I immediately closed it. The ad has not come back since that one time.

RETIRED Enterprise Computing / "IT Guy" - Southern California - Marine Staff Sergeant 1970-78
Apple Watch 6 - iPhone 8 (iOS 16.6) - FitBit app 3.87 - MacBook Air (macOS Catalina)
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your feedback everyone, please know we have shared this with our team. 

@MrMarv@MarcoGFitbit thanks for your input and tips here!  

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am dumping my Fitbit for an Apple Watch

The advertising  on the app the last straw.

i can’t even get my data to sync with Apple Health.

what a lame company !!!

they don’t respect their users 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Please fix the problem and then announce that it is fixed. It is not enough to just report it - it should be addressed and acknowledged appropriately. This is a serious violation of trust and not acceptable..not even one time.

Best Answer

I agree, this is completely unacceptable. In an age where we are constantly bombarded by ads, the last thing i want to do is support a company does not respect their customers ability to learn about upcoming products themselves (i mean without obviously being intrusive in their apps/products). 

Best Answer

Also, can you guys fire the exec that ok'ed this? They deserve to be made an example of.

Best Answer

Oh, look at that. All formatting was lost on my post. Lovely.

ETA I can apparently edit it using a different browser. Working on that now...but how do I delete this post? Good grief.

Best Answer
0 Votes

fitbit-ad-3822.jpg

IOS app: I can stab that grey X in the upper right until the cows come home and this ad will not go away.

Best Answer

IMG_0263.PNG

This is what the fitbit web page looks like. Inviting, no?

Best Answer
0 Votes