Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove the recent ad showing in the app.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Anyone else suddenly started having adverts on the Fitbit app? It’s really annoying and only started today since the app updated. Annoyed that I paid a lot for the fitbit Surge only to have loads of adverts on the app...can it be disabled?

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
135 REPLIES 135

This is still going on, 6 months later.

Not impressed.

Please stop spamming my phone with full screen ads for the latest and greatest tracker.

Best Answer

I'd suggest that they send us an email next time they want to push these ads on us instead of a full screen app popup but I'm guessing they considered it and realized how many of us would unsubscribe from those emails. We can't unsubscribe from these app popups.

Best Answer

I believe the app pop up is illegal and contravenes the new European data protection law.  

Best Answer

Would the Fitbit team please comment on last post

Best Answer

Still waiting for a comment from the Fitbit team.    !!!

Best Answer

And it's the holiday season and Fitibit are once again displaying full-screen ads on our devices. I don't want a moderator to tell me they appreciate my concerns and telling me they've passed on my feedback to the developers. This issue has been going on for years and Fitbit obviously does not care about any of our feedback because it continues to display these ads in an app for devices that we paid a lot of money for. (in my case I use the Android app, but since my original post  was merged with this iOS topic, I'll post in this topic again)

I want this practice to stop!!! If you want to display ads, do it on your homepage but not on my device when I open the app to check my stats. I've reported the app to Google because Google's developer policy clearly states that disruptive ads are not allowed. There's also no notification on the play store that the app contains ads, another violation of Google policy..

Best Answer

I moved from an iPhone to a Google Pixel a year ago and just recently found my fitbit and connected it with the app. I am getting ad pop-ups and it is beyond annoying. Videos are even playing without permission. 

If this doesn't get fixed in the next week, I am ditching the Fitbit. It isn't worth it. 

Best Answer

Got an ad for mother’s day sale!! Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!! @KateFitbit  It is not okay to advertise to a customer who paid good money for your product.

I really don’t care how exciting your sale is or how you think you’ve created the next sliced bread, do not intrude in my app. I paid money for it. It is not for you to reach me. 

Moderator Edit: Format.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @SunsetRunner thanks for joining the conversation, welcome to the Fitbit Community. 

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing your feedback with us. We're constantly striving to improve Fitbit products and services, and we very much appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. 

Let us know if you have any additional questions. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

@MarcoGFitbit wrote:

Hello @SunsetRunner thanks for joining the conversation, welcome to the Fitbit Community. 

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing your feedback with us. We're constantly striving to improve Fitbit products and services, and we very much appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. 

Let us know if you have any additional questions. 

Yes, @MarcoGFitbit, as a matter of fact, I do. 

Who can can I contact at Fitbit to voice my concern. Email would be great. If you don’t know, get me Tim Rosa’s email. Thanks. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Who authorized you to market to me ??Who authorized you to market to me ??

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fact of the matter is that as long as people continue to click on the ad and brings in sales, Fitbit will continue to annoy the rest of us until the number of users leaving the platform exceeds the number of sales being made for this reason. 

Moderator team, please pass it along that users overwhelmingly hate this experience and many of us are eyeing your top competitor, a certain fruit company, the very second they release sleep tracking. I have been locked in because of this feature but if these ads continue to annoy me every day, I will gladly switch the second your competitor releases that feature, for the sole reason that they do not actively alienate their users by shoving ads down their throats.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @SunsetRunner and @lostincode I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. 

I appreciate you have come back and expressed your concern about these ads. @SunsetRunner thanks for adding a screenshot to your post. 

Please note that the data that any ads take up is negligible and they are always dismissible it's possible our team will still display the occasional ad to let customers know about new products or features. At this moment, you can voice your opinion by voting on this feature suggestion

Thanks for your patience and understanding. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MarcoFitbit 

You closed the other discussion before answering my post copied below. 

Who can can I contact at Fitbit to voice my concern. Email would be great. If you don’t know, get me Tim Rosa’s email. Thanks. 

I would hate to see this discussion  jump into social media where you cannot control the forum / narrative. 

BTW - I pay for the negligible data too. It is not zero or free. Does that make sense? Your ads cost me money ! 

Moderator Edit: Format.

Best Answer

Hello @SunsetRunner I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply.

Please note that we do not provide personal contact information from Fitbit employees, but you're more than welcome to contact our Support Team about your feedback and inquiries or if you prefer I can reach them out in your behalf and create a case for you. 

Thanks again for your patience and understanding, have a great day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I keep getting these popup ads.  It's frustrating that Fitbit just tells us to tolerate them and it's easy to delete them.  They are annoying and we should not have to tolerate them.  I want them to stop.

Best Answer