Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove the recent ad showing in the app.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Anyone else suddenly started having adverts on the Fitbit app? It’s really annoying and only started today since the app updated. Annoyed that I paid a lot for the fitbit Surge only to have loads of adverts on the app...can it be disabled?

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
135 REPLIES 135

IMG_0265.PNG

Best Answer

fitbit-ad-3822.jpg

When I get this one, there's no getting by it without viewing the ad, because the grey X that looks like it might cancel it does nothing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

IMG_0263.PNG

This is what the fitbit home page looks like. Inviting, no?

Best Answer

This solution is not permanent.  It did help on a temporary basis, but the advert returned in a different format the next time.  I've emailed Fitbit about this.  I concur it doesn't seem right that people pay a lot of money for these devices and it seems like a breach of trust to be receiving adverts from other companies.

If they don't rectify the problem, I'll certainly be considering other manufacturers.

Best Answer

The advert doesn't go away permanently.  It comes back in a different format.  I've received the same advert 2x in as many days.........what is the REAL solution?  Is Fitbit working on rectifying this or are they going to allow it to continue? 

Best Answer

On android 5.1.1, ad does not appear again once dismissed.

But yeah, an ad pushed like that is not at all cool, but a wise man uses a phony name and phony birthdate to prevent the worst-case exploit, where Fitbit sells one's data to employers, insurance companies, and marketing firms. 

"Look!  He's jogged enough to need new sneakers, push him some sneaker ads!"

Best Answer

Hi,

I posted this back to Fitbit.  Clearly this looks to be a revenue stream at the custoers expence.  Namely if you click on the advert it generates revenue for Fitbit,  I suppose much like google adverts etc.

Hi, Thanks for the response. Let me make myself a little more clear. I do not want ANY adverts appearing at all and need an option to turn them off. I understand that Fitbit may make revenue from these and that if I go into it and come out it disappears but that gives Fitbit the ability turn more of these. I simply do not want them, or want to click on them. Please advise how I turn them off. Or if this feature is not available can I raise an enhancement request to get rid of them.

Jay From: https://contact.fitbit.com [mailto:https://contact.fitbit.com] Sent: 16 December 2017 17:22 To: once you tap on the banner you will be redirected to a browser page, close it and go back to the app, the banner will disappear and will no longer show in the app.

Best Answer

moderator edit: formatFull screen advertFull screen advert

Best Answer

I already bought your hardware, I do not  appreciate being shown ads on the app dashboard and I particularly hate the full-screen pop-up ad I was confronted with today. 

Best Answer

@amyhughes -

I just got the "sale is extended" full screen add again. The "X" that appears not to work actually worked for me once I tapped it the fourth or fifth time in a row.

Just in case it helps. I'm getting a little tired of this stuff, as well.

RETIRED Enterprise Computing / "IT Guy" - Southern California - Marine Staff Sergeant 1970-78
Apple Watch 6 - iPhone 8 (iOS 16.6) - FitBit app 3.87 - MacBook Air (macOS Catalina)
Best Answer

Dear FitBit, please remove the stupid ads. 

Best Answer

Thank you, but the question people are asking is how to permanently stop Fitbit advertisements. We know how to close them. Please can you advise who is dealing with this and when Fitbit are going to stop adverts all together. If not there will be lots of Christmas purchases being returned Andrew exchanged for other products. 

Best Answer

Agree with all the above messages. I have ACTIVELY come to this forum (while I never do that) just to find out how to STOP the ads.

Have bought a new fitbit every other year now for 6 years running and have bought many fitbits for my family. 

These ads get me annoyed quite quickly to the point of not wanting to buy fitbit products. It's the opposite of what you have achieved all these years with your fantastic customer service.

Who ever came up with this idea, please tell them it was a bad one and shut this down.

Best Answer

Like the title says.  And no I don't want to buy a Fitbit for the holidays and please get your ads out of my face.  I use your app as a part of buying my Alta and did not expect to be advertised at.  Quit it.  Give me an opt out.  

Best Answer

@Tubahas - 

I have experienced two different types of ads recently.

One is the ad that is placed in the middle of the app dashboard. Once you take the link provided in the ad once, it will not come back. You don't even have to browse the page that comes up. Just close it. This has been verified by a Fitbit employee.

I have seen a full screen ad come up twice in the last two weeks. Some people claim that the "X" at the top doesn't work and you have to take the link, but to my testing, it does. You just have to tap it four or five times, I can't remember which number.

Believe me, I am not making excuses for the ads. I don't like them any more than the next person. But I will say Fitbit has been a little less obnoxious than others.

RETIRED Enterprise Computing / "IT Guy" - Southern California - Marine Staff Sergeant 1970-78
Apple Watch 6 - iPhone 8 (iOS 16.6) - FitBit app 3.87 - MacBook Air (macOS Catalina)
Best Answer

The fact remains that we shouldn't have to deal with these ads -- full stop. I paid for my device and the app is an integral part of its use. You do not have the right to make my phone a platform for your ads.

I've already remove the app from my phone (still on an old tablet). I'm seriously considering voting with my feet and abandoning  FitBit entirely for something else. 

Dear FitBit, please stop this, or, I'm so out of here. 

Best Answer

the App is for my Fitbit expierence, use it as a sales tool and I quit. I’m ashamed Fitbit is doing pop up advertisements on long term committed users. If this continues I’m quitting Fitbit. I’m one of your longest running customers. Was never offered anything for that. Free/discounted upgrades, loyalty rebates, nothing. But you have no problem pushing advertisements. Very upsetting. Been thinking of moving on. Especially with the lack of HealthKit support. Maybe this is the motivation I need. Ironic. 

Best Answer

I get it, you want me to save $50 on Fitbit products. But now you're placing ads right on the dashboard of the Fitbit app? I just bought a $300 watch from you. I think it's poor taste and I hope it doesn't stay around. 

Best Answer

It's desperation.....

Best Answer

I agree, I don't like this whole ads placed in the app business. If I want to look at fitbits products I will visit the website. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer