Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove the recent ad showing in the app.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Anyone else suddenly started having adverts on the Fitbit app? It’s really annoying and only started today since the app updated. Annoyed that I paid a lot for the fitbit Surge only to have loads of adverts on the app...can it be disabled?

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
135 REPLIES 135

Not seen those yet (thankfully).

Best Answer
0 Votes

Me either. I dont know why some get it and others do not.

I would not like it either

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

Totally Agree, no more sales flashes on my dashboard

Best Answer
0 Votes

Some of the ones I've had have been quite intrusive. The ad takes up the entire screen and you have to click the "X" to get to your fitness stats. Unacceptable considering the amount we've paid for these devices.

Screenshot_2017-12-14-10-15-59.png

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

Hi Everyone- I merged two posts into this thread. I can assure you that your sentiment has been shared with our team. As mentioned previously, you can tap the ad, and it should go away. We have also let our team know that some users have had an issue with this. Thanks for your reports. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer

@KateFitbit wrote:

We have also let our team know that some users have had an issue with this. Thanks for your reports. 

Greetings @KateFitbit

Thank You for moving this issue to the top for all the forum members that have been disturbed by these pop ups. 

Regards

@ACG

Community Council Member

ALAN | VAN,B.C. Canada Community Council Member

Versa, Charge, Charge HR, Ionic, Ace, Aria 2 scale, Flyer headphones - iOS

Click here Fitbit help for more solutions

>Contact
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've just had an advert pop up inside the fitbit app.

It slowed down my access to the app and frankly I'm irritated at being hit with ads when i've paid for the device.

Not cool, Fitbit.

Our lives are already packed with unwanted and invasive marketing.

I'm disappointed to see spam in my phone from fitbit.

It's enough to shift me to an alternative tracker.

Anyone else feel the same?

Best Answer

Hello @roozill

I merged your post over to here. Have a read as there are a few tricks to make them less irritating. 

Community Council Member

>Contact
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for bumping me to the right place ACG. I should have looked harder before posting. 

To anyone who's proposed once is fine and clicking the ad to get rid of it - I just want to suggest that's the worst way to deal with this.

Once is not fine.. If you tell them it is they'll do it again.

And clicking the ad only counts as positive feedback for advertisers.

Closing the ad and expressing your disappointment here is the best way to let Fitbit know it was a bad choice.

Marketing spam is irritating and invades every aspect of our lives. It's time to send the message back to companies like Fitbit that their decision to spam us is counterproductive and turns people off. 

Best Answer

I just got another @^#%@$!^ ad in the app. PLEASE STOP IT!!!!!!!!

Owner of 3 dead Zips and 2 dead Ones. Current FItbits: One and Flex 2. iPhone 8, latest ios
Best Answer

I just got a full screen ad on my iPhone, the X in the right corner did work but that doesn't make this ok. The app is a companion to my Fitbit device, it is not a marketing tool. If this continues, I will replace my Fitbit device with a non Fitbit device.

Best Answer

Adverts everywhereAdverts everywhere

Best Answer
0 Votes

The full screen advert that I've had repeatedly over the last week or so? **ahem** annoying and not fair as we already have to pay for these products Smiley Mad

Allie
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone, I hope you're doing well. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your feedback in regards of the recent ad that has appeared in the app. I understand your position and will make sure to forward it to our team so they can take action. 

If there's anything else you might want to add or if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply, I'll be happy to help.  

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

I don't know why my post was merged with this thread since I use an Android device, not iOS

Best Answer
0 Votes

9FD494BE-4A32-4C3E-B442-55D52B2F8384.png

108704A6-1DBA-4EE8-B544-765FC01CB254.png

Twice in ten seconds, seriously turn it off 🤬 

Allie
Best Answer
0 Votes
Your response is appreciated, Marco.

But i suspect none of us will be happy until we are assured this
advertising has been stopped.
My Fitbit is gathering dust while i wait for that.
The longer it takes the more chance there is we all end up turning to an
alternative tracker.
Simple as that.
Best Answer

@All

Mine only had ads twice and now they have stopped. 

Community Council Member

>Contact
Best Answer
0 Votes

@ACGwrote:

Mine only had ads twice and now they have stopped. 

As someone who has seen an ad 7 times and counting, I'd  be grateful to know what you have done to  be spared the repetition.

Owner of 3 dead Zips and 2 dead Ones. Current FItbits: One and Flex 2. iPhone 8, latest ios
Best Answer

I don’t want to have to click away from an ad. When I open the app, I want to see my stats, not have an ad pop up on top of the screen. I already wasted money on two Fitbit Surges that fell apart in less than a year, and then got the Charge 2 which doesn’t work as well as a tracker as the Surge.  Now I have to get ads in the app I use to count steps?  This is not okay.  

Best Answer