Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error code 1004

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’ve been trying to sign up for the fitbit premium 90-day free trial and I continue to receive the error message: “Please update your iTunes account to allow payments for this account and try again. Error code: 1004” I’m not sure what specifically I need to update, I’ve tried multiple things and nothing seems to work. 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi, I just resolved this with Apple support. 
It was a setting restricting in app purchases. 
To turn in app purchases on, go to Setting> Screentime> Content & Privacy Restrictions> iTunes & App Store Purchases> In-app Purchases> Allow. 
hopefully this helps! 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
14 REPLIES 14

I’m getting the same thing. Have no clue how to fix it and if you try to do it on a computer you can’t get the 90 day trial...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I just resolved this with Apple support. 
It was a setting restricting in app purchases. 
To turn in app purchases on, go to Setting> Screentime> Content & Privacy Restrictions> iTunes & App Store Purchases> In-app Purchases> Allow. 
hopefully this helps! 

Best Answer

Thank you so much! It worked!

Best Answer

Did y’all have a passcode to put in? I don’t know what it is.

Best Answer
0 Votes

For me it was just my phone passcode!

Best Answer

This isn’t working for me, bizarrely. Has anyone got any other ideas?! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you so much...it worked!!  I have been trying for 4 days to resolve this problem 🤪

Best Answer

I do not see these options in my settings 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Cschulz.

Thanks for the details shared in your post. I appreciate your efforts and would like to confirm if you can open the Settings of your phone and follow the rest of the instructions from this post

Hope this helps. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I cannot do this. Nowhere in my iPhone settings can I find any of the
following:

Screentime> Content & Privacy Restrictions> iTunes & App Store Purchases>
In-app Purchases> Allow.
--
Sent from iPhone
Best Answer

Thank you for your reply, @Cschulz.

I appreciate your efforts and the additional details. I recommend restarting your phone and check if you can find these settings. If the issue persists, please share what options do you see in your iPhone's settings? I will be glad to investigate further. 

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Found it, followed the steps and premium was activated. Thanks!!

Best Answer

Thank you for the update, @Cschulz.

I am glad to hear the issue is resolved. Thank you for your efforts, I hope you continue enjoying the Fitbit experience and working on your goals. 

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can find great tips and encouragement from other members.

Keep on visiting the forums!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Obviously too late for the poster but hoping it will help someone else as I had the same problem and it has taken the best part of two days on the phone to Fitbit and apple to finally solve! 
I tried everything- it said in app purchases were enabled on apple setting but not when in Fitbit app and tried a purchase from a game- also not allowed. 
Anyway, as advised by apple as a final resort I backed up my phone to iCloud and then reset all factory settings. IT WORKED! I must have had some software in the background in the past stopping it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes