Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message 403 when setting up Flex

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have just purchased a Fitbit Flex and tried to set it up on my laptop (Mac), Iphone (4S) and Ipad mini. It will not setup on ANY of these devices. I get an error message request failed: forbidden (403). It is really frustrating. I have looked all over the internet for a solution and keep being directed to the Fitbit Help page which also appears not to be working properly (icons look strange) and the links do not work properly. Is Fitbit overloaded with people trying to do the same as me, I wonder! 

Smiley Mad 

Can anyone help?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @nouadhibou & @doojee

Hang tight! The error 403 means that our servers can't be reached at that particular moment. I'd recommend:

• Restart your tracker.
  • Reboot your computer or iOS device.
  • Double check your iOS device or computer has a strong internet connection.
  • For iOS devices, go into your settings > turn off Bluetooth for 10 seconds > and then turn Bluetooth back on.
  • Use the "Replacing a tracker" instructions to pair your tracker to your already existing Fitbit account.

This should help you guys out, but let me know if you need any additional help!

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
16 REPLIES 16

I have just purchased a Fitbit Flex and tried to set it up on my laptop (Mac), Iphone (4S) and Ipad mini. It will not setup on ANY of these devices. I get an error message request failed: forbidden (403). It is really frustrating. I have looked all over the internet for a solution and keep being directed to the Fitbit Help page which also appears not to be working properly (icons look strange) and the links do not work properly. Is Fitbit overloaded with people trying to do the same as me, I wonder! 

Smiley Mad 

Can anyone help?

Best Answer

Can anyone help?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I have the same Issue..Does not works on my Iphone 6s, get 403 when I try to add my Flex. Also tried to dowload the software to windows but the servers seems to be soo slow. When it will work again???

D.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @nouadhibou & @doojee

Hang tight! The error 403 means that our servers can't be reached at that particular moment. I'd recommend:

• Restart your tracker.
  • Reboot your computer or iOS device.
  • Double check your iOS device or computer has a strong internet connection.
  • For iOS devices, go into your settings > turn off Bluetooth for 10 seconds > and then turn Bluetooth back on.
  • Use the "Replacing a tracker" instructions to pair your tracker to your already existing Fitbit account.

This should help you guys out, but let me know if you need any additional help!

Best Answer
Thank You for The quick solution. I restarted my IPhone turned off/on The Bluetooth and it is working now.
D.
Best Answer

None of these suggestions work. There need to be a permanent solution to the problem as several posts have been put on this problem without any proper soluiton. It is not helping customers and it is frustrating the amount of time I have wasted on communicating with FitBit support, trying out different tips and reading all the posts. 

Thanks

Best Answer

@NotWorking1 Apologies for the delayed response, I'd recommend making sure that you are using the latest version of the iOS App, version 2.26.1. Click here to be redirected to the iOS App Store.

This should help, but keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes
So not helpful.
Best Answer
Hi Derrick

Thanks for your advise.

I've tried restartibg my fitbit surge watch, turned off and on my iphone 6 plus, turned off and on the blluetooth, stiol I could not login to my app. It says check if the email add and the passwords are correct. I know they are correct so I tried clicking the forgot password and i still got the error 403.

Did I miss anything?

Thanks
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, 

i have tried all the advice on syncing my charge 2 to my phone but it has just stopped showing on available Bluetooth devices and now won't work with the app. I have switched off Bluetooth for 10 secs, I have rebooted my phone and still no success.

Best Answer
0 Votes

still no luck- Alta has been properly working on Iphone for over a year; suddenly same 403 error- restarted tracker, rebooted phone, turned bluetooth off then on, same error persists

Best Answer
0 Votes

It helps to switch off wifi on my case. The server can be reached using mobile data. 

Best Answer

i too had that error 403. nothing i did, including dropping the apple bluetooth connection and restarting the charge hr on screen helped. 18 hours later i went back to the restaurant the downl;oad got stuck at. then after 15 minutes i had a message saying 'update complete'. not quite the 10 minutes fitbit said it would take.go figure this one. Anyone up to trying a garmin?

Best Answer
0 Votes

i dit all you suggested but didn't helped.

(Using IOS 11)
It was finally solved after following steps;

1 Delete the tracker (blaze) in the Fitbit App

2 Delete the app 

3 Shut the iPhone off (6+)

After restart, get the fitbit App in the App store

Then "Set up a new device"

Problem solved 🙂

I hope this will be helpfull 

Best Answer
Thank you!!!

Justin Gurtner