Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exercise log search function is not returning results.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Howdy doody,

I’m unable to manually log exercises other than what is listed under recent, due to the search for exercise type being not very good. Even generic terms like ‘workout’ or interval’ return no results. 

Any ideas? On the latest update of iOS 13.

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

It shows my most recent activities but won’t let me search new ones like spin. Any ideas how to fix? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the forums!

On the Phone or the computer? I just did a search on the computer for Spin and it came up

If Computer Clear your cache and try again

Clear cache

If phone

Shut it down for a minute go back in and try again

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

What type of phone do you have @LPuc 

Best Answer
0 Votes
iPhone XR

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @fartybum , I have just checked this on my iOS app and am not experiencing this.  I tried searching for several activities, including ones I have never logged (e.g. canoeing and roller skating) and they came up immediately.  “Workout” offered me “Tabata workout”.  “Interval” came up with no options.

What exercise are you trying to log?  If it is one not already in the Fitbit database you will need to create this as a custom exercise before it is available to you.  Custom activities/exercise can be created only in the web based platform, but once created will be available to you in the app for quick, easy logging.

You can access the web based “dashboard” via the link in the top right hand side when you are logged in to the Community Forums.  From there choose “log” (top menu) and then “activities”.  Scroll to the bottom to explore activities available in the database or to create your own, custom activity.

It’s a good idea to do a search first to see if your activity is already in the database in order to avoid creating duplicates.

If you are still unable to use the search function in your app, I would suggest checking for updates or deleting it completely and re-downloading.  You will not lose any of your personal data by updating the app or deleting and re-downloading.  Be sure you remember your email address and password you use to log in to your app.

I hope this helps!

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @LPuc , as I mentioned to @fartybum , this is not expected on the iOS app - I have checked mine again, and a search for spin returns “spinning”. Please see the screen sht below.

As mentioned above, I would suggest checking the app for updates, or deleting it completely and redownloading.  This will not cause you to lose any data.  Be sure to use the same email address and password you used when you set up your Fitbit.

257F4F8D-88BC-42A5-B8F3-972A7A7B9507.png

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer