Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exercise not registering as complete since update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Since the new update my day of exercise is not updating. Is this a known issue?  I can’t find it anywhere. 
The minutes are listed but it’s not closing my 5 day pentagon, or registering on the calendar. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @MagsV.

I am sorry to hear your days of exercise are not updating since the latest update. I appreciate the additional details, I understand your concern and I am here to help. I recommend trying the following:

1. Log out from the Fitbit app.
  2. Force quit the Fitbit app.
  3. Reboot your phone.
  4. Open the Fitbit app and log back in to your account. Sync your device. 

Keep me posted on the outcome. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mags V. (She/ Her/ Hers)
and the Sheltie Horde
(Tana, McGee, Ao Lani, Kiva, & Valen)
Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried to email photos but I don't see them.  It's the oddest thing.  It is just Friday missing.  but it means I've lost my streak of days

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your reply, @MagsV.

I appreciate the additional details, thank you for your efforts to provide photos. You can check these steps to attach a screenshot here. I would like to confirm how do you track your exercises? Do you use the Exercise app on your device to start and stop the exercise, or let the tracker automatically recognize it? For more information about tracking workouts, see How do I track my workouts with my Fitbit device?

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

CC78803A-CAAF-44F5-8846-973D1D4A56CE.jpeg

A9EA3F60-BFF7-4E55-AEC3-09CEEFB14758.jpeg

8449844A-2D9B-47E6-9EBF-B08ACBE079A3.jpeg

Best Answer
0 Votes

I auto track exercises and have not had an issue before or since. Just that one day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @MagsV, thank you for your reply. 

I appreciate the additional details and screen shots. Since you're using SmartTrack, it recognizes activities based on the continuous movement of your arms. Sometimes, motions such as placing your arms on the bar of a treadmill, or pushing a stroller while you walk, may interrupt SmartTrack. Additionally, stopping in the middle of an exercise may interrupt the activity tracking. By default, SmartTrack recognizes an exercise that lasts at least 15 minutes. If your activities aren't being recognized, lowering the time auto-exercise recognition setting to 10 minutes may help ensure they record properly. For more information about how SmartTrack tracks activities, please see How do I track my activity with my Fitbit device?

You can also manually log activities in the Fitbit app. For steps, see How do I add, edit, or delete Fitbit data and activities?

I'll be around if you have any questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I took a 5-mile walk and also did 20 minutes on an elliptical.  Obviously there was a random cockup and you have no way to correct it and no knowledge about it happening to anyone else. It clearly shows on the main page that I had 64 minutes of activity yet NONE of it transferred to the activity page?  That's baloney. 

disappointing. 

Best Answer
0 Votes