Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exercise tracker steps won't go away when deleted

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I added exercise by mistake and then erased it, but it left all the extra steps and miles and added. The exercises are no longer listed, but the steps remained
Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome to our Community @Tillynjen! It's nice to have you on board! Smiley WinkMmm this is really weird since the steps should've not remained there but don't worry, while there's not an option to delete data you can remove it by following these steps on your online Dashboard:

1. Log into your Fitbit.com dashboard.
  2. At the top of the screen click Log > Activity.
  3. Find the data you want to negate by selecting a date range.
  4. In the activity menu, type in "Driving" and enter the duration and start time.
  5. Click Log Activity. Your steps, floors, and calories burned will decrease for the time period you specified.

I really hope this helps, let me know how it goes! Smiley Very Happy

Meylin | Community Moderator

"The only way to do great work is to love what you do." What's Cooking?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Welcome to our Community @Tillynjen! It's nice to have you on board! Smiley WinkMmm this is really weird since the steps should've not remained there but don't worry, while there's not an option to delete data you can remove it by following these steps on your online Dashboard:

1. Log into your Fitbit.com dashboard.
  2. At the top of the screen click Log > Activity.
  3. Find the data you want to negate by selecting a date range.
  4. In the activity menu, type in "Driving" and enter the duration and start time.
  5. Click Log Activity. Your steps, floors, and calories burned will decrease for the time period you specified.

I really hope this helps, let me know how it goes! Smiley Very Happy

Meylin | Community Moderator

"The only way to do great work is to love what you do." What's Cooking?

Best Answer

Any other ideas? I removed an exercise where I accident had the end time wrong so my calories & exercise minutes are ridiculously high. I deleted the exercise but the calories burned & minutes didn’t reset. This is going to completely screw up my syncing with other apps. 

Best Answer

So it's four and 1/2 years later and this problem is still not fixed? I entered an exercise on my Inspire HR and mistakenly put it on the wrong day. When I deleted it, all the steps and miles remained. I tried doing the "driving fix" (which is RIDICULOUS, BTW) and I was off by a few minutes, so when it deleted my steps, it deleted a portion of the steps, but not all. When I tried to fix that by adding extra "driving minutes," it messed it up even more.

Deleting an exercise should delete everything that was added when the exercise was entered.

Why isn't this fixed? It's obviously a real problem.

Best Answer

This doesn't work. It really doesn't. You can't accurately delete the steps/distance, and you should be able to.

Why isn't this fixed after four years? Why is Fitbit continuing to sell products with this flaw?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the exact same problem. This original post is from more than FOUR YEARS AGO and Fitbit still hasn't fixed the problem. SO FRUSTRATING.

Best Answer
0 Votes