Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heart Rate data disappeared from mapped walk/hike/run stats

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just noticed there is no heart rate data in my mapped hikes today, neither in the mobile app nor the web app activity details page.  Is this a new bug?  It was working OK yesterday.

Best Answer
135 REPLIES 135

Hello @LVinLA, it's nice to see you again participating here in the Community Forums, welcome back!

Seems odd that there's no heart rate information in your activities, thanks for bringing this to my attention.To better assist you with this, can you please let me know which Fitbit device you're currently using? Also, which and how many activities were affected by this issue? Is your Fitbit device recording heart rate information as the way we designed? If you haven't already done so, please try the following troubleshooting steps on your iOS mobile device:

1. Force quit the Fitbit app
  2. Log out and log back in 
  3. Reboot mobile device
  4. Make sure that iOS version is up to date
  5. Let me know how it goes.

Please keep me posted, I'll be around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same thing happen to me starting within the last couple days.  I have a fitbit inspire HR and everything seems to be working fine except the heart rate tab is no longer showing on my mapped walks.  I have it for my regular workouts and the resting bpm section seems to be working normally.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Ricardo,
I’m using a Charge2, & saw this problem yesterday in both a walk & a hike. Also noticed that the Elevation data shows my elevation in the plot, but the total in the right side says 0

Thanks for your attention,
— Louise

Moderator edit: removed personal info

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue. Starting on July 30, I tracked a run, and there was no HR data. Strangely, when the activity is logged or auto detected it seems fine, but my tracked run this morning, same problem: no HR stats (even though HR monitor is working fine and showing up in the separate Heart Rate section of the dashboard). I have an Alta HR and use IOS app. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem.  Heart Rate, along with the data chart.  When you click on your recent activity and get to the activity page, there used to be 4 sections/tiles with data charts.  Pace, elevation, heart rate and calories.   Heart rate tile is no longer there.  Also on that tile was your peak, cardio and fat burn minutes.  There is no heart rate anywhere on this page now.  To me, this is the most important aspect of why i wear a fitbit when I run.  Spoke to support on Tuesday and was told it was a maintenance issue going on.  Spoke to support yesterday and after doing everything that was aksed to do, was told they have to escalate.  So, as of right now, I have no clue if anyone will get back to me.

Best Answer

This also happened to me on my Charge 2. The first date I noticed this was on July 29 and it still was not logging it today (8/2/19). I walk between 35 and 50 minutes 5 days a week and it has happened the last 4 times I have used tracking for my walk. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have the same problem with charge HR. Have done all suggestions but still no fix. What is the final solution?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have this exact problem as well but with my alta HR. My last manual tracked run was in mid July so I am not sure when this happened. Auto detection seems normal. I have the latest Fitbit app. in my iPhone 8 which has the latest iOS system. I have rebooted the phone. All to no avail. My daughter is having the same problem

As this is the main way I use my fitbit I will be very disappointed if it is not fixed soon. 

Have you any suggestions?

Cheers

Best Answer

I am having the same problem. Last three tracked runs (first was last Monday) are not showing heart rate data or sending it to Strava, although the heart rate tile will allow me to access the daily heart rate graph. I am using an Inspire HR on latest Fitbit app version on iOS 12.3.2

Best Answer
0 Votes

Seems to be quite a number of people with this problem. I am aware of about three of four other threads describing the same problem. Customer support has suggested several things like turning off HR logging, syncing, then turning HR logging back on then syncing again. Also doing restarts of the FitBit etc. I've not heard of anyone having successfully fixed the problem as yet. I've been onto Customer Support for a second time and I am awaiting their reply. I'm not filled with hope!

Best Answer

Hi Ricardo,

Do you have an update on this issue?   It sounds like a lot of people are experiencing it and none of the suggestions worked. 

Thanks.

Best Answer

I'm sure they don't.  I spoke to them twice, first time, last Tuesday, told it was a maintenance issue.  Second time, last Thursday, told it was above his expertise and he will escalate and someone will email me.  Get an email today and get this "you need to perform the long restart on your device"  WTH, I already did that how many times by myself before i called them and twice when i talked to support on the phone.  How is that escalating, telling me to do what is #1 on their generic list of canned responses!!!!!

Best Answer

Agree with Kaia, have been in touch several times (chat and email) with support and so far only received solutions to reboot my tracker. It's not the tracker, it's the app. When will it be getting fixed already? Never had an issue like this before and so far very unhappy with the lack of responsiveness - just want to know that Fitbit acknowledges the issue and is working to correct it. Given current response, can only think its not on the radar and not going to be fixed. Disappointing. 

Best Answer

Same issue here. I posted originally in Charge 2 forum but mods moved here.

is this linked with the Mobiletrack applet/device?

we all seem to have the same: HR data collection working fine, auto detected activities applying HR data fine, activities manually initiated on watch seem ok. But when we start an activity on the phone app, no HR data Is saved with the activity despite it being recorded.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, i'm pretty sure this is only when you use the app to track your exercise.  I just got another email from them and they told me to use smart track and not the mobile app to track and see what happens.  I just did that and smart track shows the heart rate chart and data, but it doesn't show pace or elevation data charts, ugh!!!  So, what happened on the 29th that the mobile app stopped showing this info on the current exercise page??

Best Answer
0 Votes

The problem I have with Smart track is I really rely on the pace queues when running and the only way I know to get these is initiate the workout on the app.

Best Answer

I’ve been dealing with the same problem, too. Last time it worked properly was July 29. I’ve been back and forth with support; both email and on Twitter. They gave me a few steps to try, (seems like busy work they gave other ppl). It didn’t work, of course. Then they gave me more steps to try. Not only did it not work, when I reinstalled the app, it kept crashing when I tried to set my .5 mile cues, (if I attempted to use the back button).  I had to set it and force close in order to keep my cue. So, instead of helping, they made things worse. 

I’m training for a race. Fitbit is making my run analysis much harder. I’m giving them until the end of the week. Then, if they still don’t have a clue, I’m buying an Apple Watch. My sister gave up on Fitbit last year. Her experience with customer service drove her away. She has an Apple Watch and LOVES it! I didn’t want to spend the money but Fitbit is encouraging me to go shopping...At Apple! 

Best Answer

Guys,

for all all of us with the HR issues with MobileTrack, I see ver 3.3 of the app has just come onto App Store.

Anyone tried it? Does this solve the issues? I know there have been lots of issues of late so somewhat loath to update. Might try on wife’s phone and report back. PS I’m not a horrible husband, just she doesn’t use Fitbit so clean testing ground!

Best Answer
0 Votes

They had me uninstall and then reinstall the app yesterday. Not only did it not work, but now I can’t set my .5 cue. The app crashes every time! So now I have two issues making it very difficult to use Fitbit to train for my race. I am livid! 

Best Answer