Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heart Rate data disappeared from mapped walk/hike/run stats

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just noticed there is no heart rate data in my mapped hikes today, neither in the mobile app nor the web app activity details page.  Is this a new bug?  It was working OK yesterday.

Best Answer
135 REPLIES 135
There are so many glitches in the app: no heart rate data when tracking is used; sudden jumps in the number of steps (a couple of days ago it announced that iI had reached my goal of 6000 steps and 5 minutes later the steps exceeded 9000) ; incorrect pacing information (the recorded walking pace ranges from 7’11” to 25’24” - I couldn’t walk a mile these days in less than 20 minutes if I was being chased); notifications can not be removed and they do not drop off after 30 days (although Fitbit techies insist that they do) and among the ones I cannot remove there are no recent notifications; responses for solutions do not work; and I think all support personnel have disappeared.
I have enjoyed my Fitbit very much until just recently but it appears I will have to look into a more reliable instrument.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m convinced these

”glitches” are to force us to upgrade the device.   This latest software update has been the worst.  

Best Answer
I agree! Something has definitely gone wrong with our Fitbits. They were very nice when they worked. I upgraded recently to a Charge 3 (from a Charge 2). I received many nice compliments on it. It has a pretty gray band and beautiful styling. Ever since the latest software update about two weeks ago, it hasn’t worked properly. Customer service told me to wait a couple of weeks for a new software update which should resolve the glitches. The people in Customer Service don’t seem too swift. Maybe I will try to wait this out before going Apple or Garmin. Best of luck to everyone!
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve been thinking of upgrading my old Blaze, but with this slow response to fixing bugs in essential functionality on the Fitbit app, it seems my upgrade will be for an Apple Watch. 

It’s a shame that Fitbit can’t do a better job on software testing prior to release. Get us the old app version back if you’re unable to manage an upgrades. 

Best Answer

I have an Apple Watch picked out; found it on Amazon. Before placing an order, I’m going to go to T-Mobile to try one on and see if it will serve me well. I can ask AND receive answers to my questions, I’m sure! Not like with Fitbit.
Someone said customer service told them it will be weeks before an update with a fix will be available. Also, there’s supposed to be a new dashboard design. Many ppl who have updated it, hate it! Enough is enough, for me. I’m in training for a race. I can’t deal with such incompetence.

Best Answer

This is an issue with the Fitbit app, I believe. No HR data in a workout since July 28. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

After a week and half of dealing with Customer Support I have still not had an acknowledgement that there is a problem with either their app or their servers. They have at least stopped telling me to check that the green lights are flashing or to restart my tracker etc. They are now asking for screen shots from my iPhone. Each time they respond they think of some 'homework' for me to do - but subsequently never say in what way it has helped them diagnose the problem - instead it's just more usually unrelated 'homework'.  I think FitBit needs to improve their Customer Support systems. I just feel like I'm being played for a fool at the moment. Apple Watch or Garmin?

Best Answer
Your gut feeling is right on. I reached your conclusion after several back and forth communications with customer service. They are following a prodigal based, not on your individual issue, but rather, their rulebook for buying time. Clearly, they don’t have a clue about what’s causing the issues or about respecting their money base/consumers. They need to revamp their entire customer service department. They were trained incorrectly for dealing with substantial, long-term issues.
I’m going shopping tomorrow/Monday for an Apple Watch. I researched online. Now that I know what I want, I’m getting excited!
BTW: I don’t necessarily blame customer service employees. They are responding according to the way in which they were trained. I can’t imagine they’re very happy, either.
Good Luck!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi 1grannyfranny, Yes I agree with what you say about the Customer Service employees. They are only doing the job in the way they have been asked to do it. They are always very polite, I must say. It is the executive decision makers who have implemented a system which is as you say designed to 'buy time' not to 'solve problems'.

Enjoy your Apple Watch!

Cheers!

Best Answer

Apple Watch if you’re into daily steps, Polar if you are a workout calorie counter.   Never used a Garmin, but my runner friends love them.  

Best Answer

Everyone,

For those of your thinking of switching, another suggestion....

I am a runner so rely on heartrate- that’s principally why I use my Charge HR. I also sync accounts with Strava.

i have been looking at options and while some of the Garmin watches are fantastic, they’re also very expensive. So I have chosen a Wahoo Tickr X as simple heart rate monitor. It also does lots more stats for runners and seems to have good rep. And directly integrates with Strava. Another option for some of us.

I’d rather Fit it “simply” restore the functionality we e enjoyed for years!

Best Answer
Thank you so much for your post! I was going to look/buy an Apple Watch today, after my morning training run. I was feeling sick about spending so much money. I’ll look into your suggestion before moving forward on the watch. Thank you!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I couldn’t take it any more. I am now the proud owner of an Apple Watch!  Bye bye Fitbit. It was good while it lasted.

Best Answer

Good on you 1grannyfranny, I must say I am ENVIOUS. Good luck with your training and hope your racing goes well. I've accepted the offer of a replacement tracker from FitBit. I don't believe for a minute it will fix the issue and I'll keep nagging if the same old problem is there when I fire it up.  I think maybe I'll get a Polar ignite.

Cheers!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi Hicksiehx! Oh boy! What makes them think a new Fitbit will fix the problem? This would be funny but for the fact that it isn’t.
Don’t be too envious! I’m taking the Apple Watch back tomorrow. I can’t stand the thing! Figures, right? Looks like it’s back to the drawing board for me. I’ll check out the Polar. I found something called Letsfit on Amazon. Reviews are good and it’s only about $26. I’m thinking about just getting something to use until/if Fitbit ever comes through with a fix. I’m losing hope though. This mess has setback my training. Well, this and tendinitis (top of the foot). Had to walk today. Between Fitbit and injuries, it’s a wonder I’m still trying. I just love running!
Best of luck to you and your new device. Hey, if it works, maybe we could all get new Fitbit’s! Lol

Take care!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello 1grannyfranny, I was wondering what it was about the apple watch you don't like? I'm looking at the app, and I'm not sure if I like it (but right now not liking the Fitbit app either). Wanted to hear why the apple watch didn't cut it for you. 

Also hear you on the 'this mess has setback my training." I'm training for a race and need to understand my average HR for my runs, literally the one thing it won't give me on my tracked runs. So very frustrating. And so far nothing from customer service about when this might actually get fixed. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello Eludic,
I’m in the same boat as far as training. It’s driving me mad! That’s why I bought the Apple Watch. First of all, it’s so much larger than my Alta HR. I knew that going into my purchase, but I thought I’d adjust. Well, it was really big on my wrist. I have small hands (I’m a girl so that’s ok :). However, that alone wasn’t the breaking point. It seemed like I had to go through WAY more steps to get the data upon which I rely, than I do using Fitbit. Also, I had to d’load an app (paid for it, too) in order to get my sleep analysis. But the final nail in the coffin was when I couldn’t get it to play Amazon music. I could through my phone/headset but then I wouldn’t hear my cues. (I asked about playing Amazon Music at the store, but she didn’t know how to get it on the watch. I thought I would be able to figure out a cheat. I couldn’t. However, by that time, I was frustrated and pretty much gave up, because... ) When I thought about all the things I didn’t like about it AND realized my iPhone preforms almost every task as the watch - the $560+ cost seems incredibly wasteful.
My sister has an Apple Watch and she loves it! She’s not a runner, though. Also, she only used Fitbit for a few months. She was getting the runaround from... gasp... customer service! Imagine that! She had about 4 go arounds with them and then ran to Apple!
Good luck! I wish us all good luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes

It seems the bug affects iOS app initiated tracking but not tracker initiated tracking.

My walk on Sunday was tracked via iOS app with no HR showing.

I did a walk today with connected GPS tracking from Charge 3 Exercise app.  It recorded HR and showed the data on my iOS app and web dashboard.

BTW I am using Charge 3 (firmware 1.60.39) iOS app 2.95 (839).

IMG_6110.PNG

Screenshot_2019-08-13_10-55-54.png

Best Answer
That's correct, but for those of us who want to initiate the exercise from
the app to get the benefit of audio cues, this is a trade-off. Either you
get audio cues but no heart rate info (by starting from the device), or
heart rate info but no audio cues (by starting from the app).

Total dealbreaker on my end.
Best Answer
0 Votes

The issue I have when using the tracker (Ionic) to initiate the workout, is that I have had  it stop recording after a certain length of time. It has been wildly inconsistent in recording an entire workout, which in my case will be a bike ride of 30 or more miles.   When I use the iPhone app to initiate the workout (bike ride) I can pause the work out when for when we stop of coffee or cold drink and pick up again when we get back on the road. I tried doing that through the Ionic and lost half my ride (it could not reconnect somehow). 

Best Answer
0 Votes