Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heart Rate data disappeared from mapped walk/hike/run stats

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just noticed there is no heart rate data in my mapped hikes today, neither in the mobile app nor the web app activity details page.  Is this a new bug?  It was working OK yesterday.

Best Answer
135 REPLIES 135

I called customer support this morning to get an update. The support representative indicated that Fitbit is aware of the issue and is working on a fix (I assume that will be a software update).  

I wonder if this issue was created by the Fitbit Experience that Fitbit wants us to start using? 

Best Answer
They have a lot of nerve to advertise a back to school sale!  SMH
Best Answer
0 Votes
I saw that and laughed out loud!! I’ve been telling everyone I know to reconsider buying a Fitbit. I show them the (non)responses from Customer Service, including the emails.
If they promote the features that no longer work, isn’t that fraud/false advertising? Just sayin’!
Best Answer

Hello 1grannyfranny - 

Sorry to hear the apple watch didn't work out. I know some people love them, but I have worried about the size (I also have small hands and wrists, so my Alta HR is about as big as I want). 

As far as further updates from Fitbit, after some more homework - they have offered a complimentary replacement. I'll give it a go and see what happens. However, my hopes are low as this really seems to be an app related issue and not the tracker. Will keep you posted on the results, but if no improvement - Fitbit will surely hear about it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Good luck! I’ll be surprised if a new device fixes the issue but you can always hope.
Best Answer

I use a Charge 2 device synced to a iPhone 10 Max. Since start of August the horizontal heart rate activity bars is missing in all of my tracked outdoor walks/runs - this is important for me as I am focused on increasing the minutes spent each month in the maximum zone. 

Best Answer

I’m having the same issue. Tracked exercise is not logging heart rate data. I have a Blaze and am up to date on all app/iOS updates. 

This seems to only be an issue since the end of July. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

App Crash https://youtu.be/YSap5LGrhuI

App crashes when setting cues, no Avg HR with GPS, and I noticed I keep getting the same sleep insight. It’s been 17 days since Fitbit turned into a useless tool. Why has Fitbit abandoned its customers? How can they continue to promote functions on a device when Fitbit no longer offers a working app to support those functions? I think that’s called false advertising. How long does it take before a company can be charged with fraud for selling and promoting a paid product/app that no longer functions according to specifications? 

Best Answer

1grannyfranny, Like your youtube video - but I bet FitBit don't! My replacement Alta HR is stuck at Hong Kong Airport. Not that I expect it to behave any differently to the one I've got already. I don't use the 'cue' feature but I'll try it out to see if mine crashes. Still no HR graphs

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi ScottG1970 and Interpid4life, you are just like about 60 or 70 other very frustrated FitBit users. It doesn't seem to matter whether you have a Versa, Alta Hr or Charge 2 or Charge 3 they all seem to be affected. Most of us think it has to be a software issue even though two or three people have been offered replacement trackers. I suggest you get onto Customer Support and start telling them what's happening. The more people who complain to them the more likely it will be that we get some action.

Best Answer
0 Votes
hicksiehx, it seems that whatever can go wrong with Fitbit, does! So sorry your shipment has been delayed. This time though, it probably isn’t their fault...probably...;)

Cues went bad immediately after the last update. My husband uses One. It worked fine, (he doesn’t use HR/GPS) but before his walk, Fitbit updated and just like that, it didn’t work. Then I noticed mine didn’t work, either, adding to my already growing frustration.
Gosh! I sure hope we’re not stock holders. I’d better check... and if so, sell.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello all, I hope you are doing fine.

I am sorry for the delay in respond, appreciate all the information provided, screenshots and troubleshoot tried.

@erinkelli@eludic@Kaia2009@Mjford1, @SunsetRunner, @hicksiehx, @SunsetRunner, @Huntere, @SunsetRunner, @Merino61@Lizbeth55, @SunsetRunner, @Jhannama@Kaleidoscopes@iAmMindyMar@IVRunning@KonaKai2003@sko_tang@interpid4life@ScottG1970 and @LVinLA, if your heart data isn't appearing in your exercise information, I recommend making sure that your Fitbit app is updated by following the instructions in the help article: How do I update the app to the latest version?. If this doesn't fix the issue, some screenshots would be great.

I hope to hear from you soon. Smiley Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

What do you recommend if you’ve tried all the steps suggested by Customer Support and you’re still left with a broken device/app? 

I’m confused. If you still need screenshots, does that mean no one has a clue yet as to why this is happening? And if that’s the case, does that mean no one is working on a fix? (Because why would you need even more screenshots if you know with what you are dealing?)

Better than a screenshot, here’s a video of another bug. 

https://youtu.be/YSap5LGrhuI

26B9C1DB-DD45-412F-8C13-E84B2B26E5F8.png

Best Answer
We have all tried this. It does not work. This has been suggested repeatedly.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

@AlejandraFitbit with respect, why would we update when your community forums are inundated with loyal customers having many many serious issues (including completely bricked devices) having recently complied with recent software and firmware updates?

There is more than ample evidence in this forum that the recent loss of of HR data did not coincide with any upgrade.

Im afraid trust is broken and I, like others, are awaiting compelling evidence upgrades offer genuine solutions.

Best Answer

@AlejandraFitbit 

I am  sorry, but this is about the most tone deaf response from a Fitbit moderator that I have heard to date.  Are you not paying attention? This problem has been going on since July 28 and has been acknowledged by Fitbit as an resolved issue.   What can you do to find out when the app is going to be fixed?  

". . .  if your heart data isn't appearing in your exercise information, I recommend making sure that your Fitbit app is updated by following the instructions in the help article: How do I update the app to the latest version?. If this doesn't fix the issue, some screenshots would be great."

Best Answer
I’m not screen-shotting anything. Just rollback the app to the previous version and Beta test thoroughly before implementing an upgrade.

I want all my widgets populating when I open up the app. Not having to scroll down.
Best Answer
0 Votes

AlejandraFitBit, It's great that you have replied. The moderators that have appeared in the other six groups  discussing this exact same problem (that I'm aware of) have only ever turned up once and then we've heard no more. However, a lot of us have tried all those things you have listed. In fact in my case after nine emails to Customer Support they decided that "they had exhausted the troubleshoot" and now I am about to receive a replacement tracker. I don't think this will bring back the HR graphing with GPS mapping though. As this issue struck between 60 and 70 users that I know of almost simultaneously on 29th of July. These users have different types of tracker ranging from Versa, Alta HR, Charge 3 and Charge 2. Many have contacted Customer Support and are getting varying responses from 'the engineers are aware and are working on the problem' to 'you need a replacement tracker' or even 'HR graphs don't appear in manual tracking'. I hope you can understand our frustration. FitBit cannot even provide a clear answer on what the problem is!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Regards,

Sent from my iPhone

I am on WhatsApp

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Correction to my message:  "This problem has been going on since July 28 and has been acknowledged by Fitbit as an unresolved issue."  

Best Answer
0 Votes