Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heart Rate data disappeared from mapped walk/hike/run stats

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just noticed there is no heart rate data in my mapped hikes today, neither in the mobile app nor the web app activity details page.  Is this a new bug?  It was working OK yesterday.

Best Answer
135 REPLIES 135

I installed FitBit 3.3 last night and tried it. Nothing has changed. I also received my third reply from Customer Support. They clearly haven't been reading my emails properly. They suggest things like 'restarting my tracker' when I have already told them I have done this. In their latest effort they sent a link to a help page which has stuff on making sure that HR is set to 'Auto' and that the wrist band is 'two finger widths above your wrist'. None of this is relevant when I have clearly stated to customer support that the Auto detection HR data is working just fine. It's clear evidence customer support is not paying attention. YI'm quite angry about this. I guess I will just have to keep nagging. 

Best Answer

Same thing happening on my Versa used to give you a heart rate graph of your walk when logged and using map on phone no longer last few weeks is the graph included so no heart rate with logged walk.  Please fix Fitbit!

Best Answer
Eventually they’ll send you email stating they are moving your case to a higher department. In my opinion, it’s just standard response protocol. First complaint, send this response, second complaint, have them do this, third complaint, have them do this, forth complaint, make it look like you’re taking it seriously. I hope I’m wrong but a year ago, they sent the same responses to my sister, for a sleep analysis glitch. After the email stating they sent it to a higher department, but once again, no fix, she left Fitbit and bought an Apple Watch. I’m ready to join her. I’m giving them to the end of the week.

Good luck!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi 1GrannnyFranny,

I'm afraid I very much share you cynicism. I better start saving up my money and researching some better alternative. In the meantime I'm interested to see just how far this circus will go.

Best Answer

Mine did too. So disappointing. What do we do to correct?  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Apparently, they don’t have a clue. 

Best Answer
I was told the exact same thing and I responded by telling them why that’s not a fix.

I just want the truth. Let’s face it, no one likes to be lied to or feel like they’re being played. If they don’t know what’s wrong, they should just say so. It’s about respecting your customers. DON’T make us jump through hoops to buy time. DON’T treat us like we’re idiots. That’s a recipe for affecting their bottom line: money. They lost my confidence, and soon, my business.
Best Answer

Oh, wow, i thought i was the only one who kept crashing every time I tried to set it back to .5 for voice cues.  Strange thing is, I noticed this yesterday morning while i was running and at the same time realized all my info was now in metrics.  I came home and tried to set the .5 again and crashed.  I then uninstalled and installed the app., no change.   Something happened overnight.  I'm about to ditch fitbit for good.  A watch with a heart rate monitor that doesn't show your average bpm during an activity/exercise when you use the app for GPS is ridiculous!!!!!  

Best Answer
Well, we were once again instructed to follow useless steps. This was supposed to be the fix for my husband’s One:

-Plug your charging cable into your computer.
-Plug your Fitbit One tracker into the charging cable, making sure that the gold contacts on your tracker align with the gold contacts in the inside of the charger.
-Hold down your tracker's button for 10-12 seconds.
-Remove your tracker from the charging cable and press its button until the screen turns on.

More time wasted. They don’t know what they are doing.

I’d like to give them a few steps:

- Get out your checkbook
- Right my name on a check
- Compensate me enough so I can purchase a new tracker with a company that has a working product and app
- Mail my check ASAP
Best Answer

I have posted this in another thread but it's about the same issue:

I got this from Customer Support this morning August 9th 2019 (Australian Eastern Standard Time):

Hi Steve,

Thank you for the response.

We'd like to apologize for the previous response. We are indeed humans here at Fitbit who are answering your email queries.

We also appreciate all the information you've provided and we do take them as feedback from a valuable customer such as yourself.

With that said, we'd like to let you know that manually logging an exercise doesn't record heart rate data.

We hope this helps and let us know if you have further concerns.

Sincerely,

Daryl D. and the Fitbit Team

So now they are saying that FitBit doesn't record HR in manual logging mode. Well we all know it used to. My FitBit is still in warranty. I will be asking for a refund. It's next to useless without that feature. It took 4 emails to Customer Support to get this information. My Blood is about to boil.

Best Answer

Wow!

i hope that response is for someone who doesn’t know better! Understanding my pace cues and heart rate is essential in my training. If they’ve dropped this functionality then I’m afraid I’ve dropped them!

Best Answer

So I installed the update last night and went for a run this morning (tracked), did not get my 0.5mile cues, but did get 1 mile cues. No HR stats. So essentially no change, but hearing others difficulty with the app crashing with the 0.5mile cues, I suppose I should be 'happy'. My latest contact from support via email was them asking me if I saw any improvements with the new update and to send screen shots for documentation if I was still having issues. Seems this is going to be an ongoing problem. I have been very happy with my Fitbits (previously had an Alta, now have Alta HR) for years, but now doing some shopping. 

Best Answer
Hi hicksiehx

See attached we all know they are lying the walk and run logged on the attached screenshot were done manually.

Funnily enough it shows my average heart beat and if you hit the side arrow it shows the heart beat graph, Fitbit need to get people in their support desks to actually use their devices so they know what they are talking about!

[image1.jpeg]
Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m using a Charge 2 and am on the latest firmware and the latest iOS version. I can only get heart rate info if I start the workout from the Charge 2, but then I can’t get the audio cues. This was already a mediocre workaround to begin with, and now they’ve even broken this workflow. Worse it’s in late summer as most athletes are gearing up for fall races!

It’s clear that this is a regression in their iOS app and the frontline support is miles away from delivering these bug reports to the developers. 

Their update notes are totally useless, the just continually mention “bug fixes and performance improvements”. That may be sufficient for a SaaS product but it’s very frustrating for a hardware device coupled with an app, given that bugs can cripple the entire functionality of the device. 

Fitbit is notoriously slow to respond with answers and fixes. I’m pretty much at the end of my rope and will most likely move on to Apple Watch or Garmin. 

It’s a shame, I liked the sleep tracking and the ecosystem, but this is a dealbreaker. 

Best Answer

Really? Why are they gaslighting their paying customers? 

Until they resolve it i’ll have to log my HR in auto mode and use other apps for the other data such as pacing and that’s not why I bought my Fitbit. I will not recommend the app och the devices for anyone. 

Best Answer

I have the same problem as everyone else.  Suddenly stopped seeing heart rate tracked on my activity. Did the upgrade to my charge 2 today, and not only do I not get any heart rate data,  the tracking data is all wrong - it gave me credit for going more than twice as far as I actually went, gave me some ridiculous pace like 5 to 6 minute miles when I was actually walking, and the line showed up on the app as jagged.  To top it off, in typing  this post a few sentences appeared  twice although I only entered them once! 

Best Answer

This happened to me on Wed.  I was walking fast, but was giving me a pace of someone running at a pretty good clip.  I stopped at half mile and discovered it was now set in metrics.  How that happened, I have no clue.   Fixed that and then discovered I could no longer get the voice cue set at every .5 mile.  The app would just crash every time I tried. This on top of all the missing heart rate info.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Merino61,

Your jpeg didn't come out on my browser, but I know the graphs you are talking about well. I've sent a number of screen shots to customer support today of runs I've manually logged before July 29th showing the GPS map, average heart rate and also the heart rate graph. I have asked them to answer the question: "Has FitBit disabled the heart rate logging feature in manually logged exercise?" The trouble is they don't always read my emails properly. But I will keep nagging.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you!!! I will try it.
I called Fitbit today. She said that they will be issuing an update in a couple of weeks and the “glitch” should be fixed.
How about the .5 interval glitch? Hoping that will get “fixed” too. I miss it!!!
Let’s keep nagging. Maybe they will do something!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I had the same thing happen to me. Got my full 10,000 steps done in two laps around the track! Unreal.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes