Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FBBluetoothErrorDomain error 18 when updating Charge HR

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My charge HR gave me an option to update today. I have the latest app downloaded as well. For the last 8-10 hours it has been starting and stopping and giving me this error. Any ideas of n what it could be?

Thanks

Sean

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Hello @Seanogara, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. We have receive reports of this error showing up when trying to update a Charge HR which is why I would like to suggest you the following:

1. Restart your Charge HR
  2. Plug it in and make sure it's charging
  3. Restart your phone
  4. Try to update again. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here.  My fitbit Charge HR is displaying a long bar......hashed on the left half, black on the right half.  Sometimes there is an ! Right in the middle

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same error code with the display on the charge HR as Dave described above. Unable to update. I’ve reloaded the app, restarted my iPhone with no luck. What now?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I ended up deleting my Charge HR altogether and then starting over from scratch. I was able to keep all of my previous data luckily.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @DaveA6083 and @Cyndog65, thanks for joining the conversation, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy It's nice to see you too @Seanogara. thanks for coming back and let me know your issue has now been resolved, I'm very glad. Smiley Happy

@Cyndog65 and @DaveA6083, at this moment and if you have already tried the troubleshooting steps provided earlier, please try what @Seanogara did. Try to set up your tracker as a new device, this will reset the connection between the tracker and your phone. Don't worry, none of the information previously stored in the account will be deleted. 

To set up your tracker as a new device:

1. Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device.
  2. Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Account symbol at the top right corner of the screen, then tap on "Set up a New Device"
  3. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue
  4. When the app asks you to replace your current tracker, please replace it and continue with the process.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and let me know the outcome. 

Best Answer

Hi,

I tried updating overnight last night, but I had the same error this morning. I tried following the steps above, both resetting while plugged in (holding down the side button for 15 seconds) and removing the device and re-adding it as a new device.When I try add the device again, it sticks on the screen with "We found your Charge HR!" at the top and "connecting to tracker..." at the bottom.

Any ideas on how to proceed?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @KyleMiller, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

Thanks for letting me know the steps you have tried so far, at this moment I would like to suggest you the following, please follow these steps in order:

1. Restart your tracker
  2. Restart your phone
  3. Turn off the Bluetooth on your phone for 15 seconds. 
  4. Plug in your tracker and make sure it's charging.
  5. Make sure you have a strong WiFi signal
  6. Make sure there are no other Bluetooth devices around that might interfere.
  7. Try to set up your tracker once again:
    • Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device. 
    • Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Account symbol at the top right corner of the screen, then tap on "Set up a New Device"
    • Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue
    • When the app asks you to replace your current tracker, please replace it and continue with the process.
    • If you get a message asking you to pair your tracker with your phone, please pair it.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Best Answer
0 Votes