Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FitBit Alta Won't Bluetooth Pair

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Hi, I've tried everything and I've read multiple articles, but for some reason my Alta won't pair with my iPhone 6s. I recently got a new iPhone and my old iPhone paired with my Alta without a problem. But for some reason on this phone, it won't pair- it will sync to track the steps but won't display notifications. But, as soon as I hit "pair with Bluetooth", it won't sync anymore and it just loads, but nothing ever happens. Can someone help? Thanks!
Best Answer
0 Votes
52 REPLIES 52

Hi @KatherineLoomis and welcome to the Community! I would recommend:

1. If you have your old iPhone, unpairing your Alta from the Bluetooth iOS settings.

2. Restart the Alta.

3. Reboot your iPhone 6s.

4. Open your iOS settings > turn off Bluetooth for 10 seconds > and then turn Bluetooth back on.

5. Use the instructions listed here to enable notifications on your Alta.

This should help, but let me know if you need any additional help!

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

I have followed these instructions and still can't pair. Is there further troubleshooting available?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Found this solution by accident after several restarts of the Alta, several reboots of my phone, and repeatedly turning off/on the Bluetooth button. I even deleted the app and reinstalled it. Simply go to the FitBit app. Under "account," choose "notifications." This will prompt the phone and Alta to pair. Haven't seen this solution posted anywhere!  

Best Answer

Only solution that worked for me, thank you!  Had also restarted the fitbit, my phone, the app, etc. several times, could not get it to pair.  your solution fixed it...hooray!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Any suggestions, try to set up a new fitbit (Alta). I just keep getting connecting to tracker but nothing happens. I have uninstalled the app. Turned bluetooth on and off. I have restarted my phone. It just seems to stay at the screen...connecting to tracker. Any ideas?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes! Try what finally worked for me (posted on 01/18) - Go into your FitBit app. Under "account," choose "notifications." This will prompt the phone and Alta to pair. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This worked for me after I couldn't figure out any other solutions. Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi!im trying to do what you have suggested but i cannot find "notification" under account from the fitbit app..can you tell me where to click thank you...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Cannot find "notifications" under account either.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The account is the little rectangular icon in the upper right corner. From there choose the "Alta" menu. Then you should see "Notifications" as a menu option. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, but i haven't setup the alta yet so i cannot view it from the account..everytime i tried to pair the 4 digit code it says there is an error..can u pls help me..thank u

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you tried calling FitBit customer support? (877) 623-4997

Best Answer
0 Votes

No, i haven't tried that..do they respond to emails?

Best Answer
0 Votes

THANK YOU SO MUCH! 
been trying for days to get my fitbit alta to connect to my bluetooth again and this is the only thing that has worked and it worked striaight away! 

thank you! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same issue and finally found a solution. I "forgot" the device from the Bluetooth phone settings - not from the Fitbit app. Then I went to the Fitbit app, account, Alta, notifications and paired it from there!

Best Answer

I finally figured out my problem. I had the same problem as above, only showing calories. When I was setting up my husbands Fitbit I had my Fitbit on. After many times of restarting etc. I took my Ditbot off and put it far away. Once I did that I was able to pair and set up my husbands Fitbit with all the categories showing I his dashboard. Previously it would only show calories. This updated on the IPad and his IPhone. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I first got my Fitbit December of last year and it synced perfectly, but recently, it hasn't been able to sync to my Bluetooth or Fitbit app. I've "forgotten" my Alta from Bluetooth and Fitbit app and cannot get it to reconnect.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit won't sinc with iPhone6

Best Answer
0 Votes

Okay so I've figured out what to do if you've forgotten your Alta via Bluetooth. I personally had my Alta disconnected from Bluetooth and the Fitbit app itself. After this, I put the USB part of my charger into the USB port of a computer (you can also use and IPhone charging block) then I hit the button near the USB three times. You have to hit the button three times within eight seconds. Eight seconds after you press the first time, the Fitbit logo should appear on your Alta. Then, log into the Fitbit app and under your profile you should see something that says "Add device" click that tab then click on Fitbit Alta. Follow the steps on your phone screen and you should been connected within seconds ((:

Best Answer
0 Votes