Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FitBit Alta Won't Bluetooth Pair

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Hi, I've tried everything and I've read multiple articles, but for some reason my Alta won't pair with my iPhone 6s. I recently got a new iPhone and my old iPhone paired with my Alta without a problem. But for some reason on this phone, it won't pair- it will sync to track the steps but won't display notifications. But, as soon as I hit "pair with Bluetooth", it won't sync anymore and it just loads, but nothing ever happens. Can someone help? Thanks!
Best Answer
0 Votes
52 REPLIES 52

This worked!! thank you ! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This soluition worked great.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Setting up my new iPhone now and your advice was the only thing that worked! 
I selected "Forget This Device" for my Alta on my old iPhone, and before I even picked up the new iPhone, the Fitbit Alta was already syncing!
🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Setting up my new iPhone now and your advice was the only thing that worked! 
I selected "Forget This Device" for my Alta on my old iPhone, and before I even picked up the new iPhone, the Fitbit Alta was already syncing!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was in the same boat all day yesterday, tried everything, read everything, uninstalled and reinstalled apps......and finally I realizized what I did. 

During the initial start up when it asked me to pick my device, I picked my Alta , I went back half a dozen times and then I finally saw it:  there was a different Alta to pick from about halfway down. I thought I would try that and bam, it paired and all was right with the world.  I know , it’s crazy but that made the difference.

Hey Fitbit folks, could you put the Same models together so people can try each one, if that’s the problem?  Just a suggestion. 

Good luck with your setup.

Best Answer

I have tried everything to try and sync the Fitbit I passed down to my daughter. I cannot find where it says notifications under accounts in the app. Please help. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Click in the pic of the watch in the upper left and scroll down and you will see notifications 😊

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

H, I was on the phone with the help person (Harry) last night for over an hour and half, removing and installing over and over again.  He finally said I need to install the Software update.  I didn't think so, but I said ok,  I tried did all his steps again, after the update, but not to my suprise it didn't work.. I googled and googled and googled some more trying to find out why I couldn't get my calls/texts on my Fitbit.  I saw on my iPhone, in the settings, Bluetooth, and clicked on the little circled i, then clicked on forget this device, then I went to my Fitbit app, to settings, clicked Alta (the Fitbit I have) clicked on notifications again, and low and behold it asked me if I wanted to sync, I said yes, then I saw a box with calls, text message, calendars all on, and then my Fitbit and iPhone synced.  I am so excited.  Maybe this will help someone else

Best Answer

Yes lol this was the case for me ! Weeks of sending back my Fitbit to the repair warehouse or whatever it’s called. Took it to geek squad , and Apple . I feel silly now but thanks this helped!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello dpkendall,

I too am having issues with pairing my phone and even tried what advice you gave with going into notifications however, nothing changed.  When I went into notifications it was a blank screen! So, to be sure, what I did was plug in my charger with my Alta attached then attempted the pairing process . Should I have the wireless sync dongle?  If so can I buy this anywhere?

Thanks 😁

Best Answer
0 Votes

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This was the same issue I had.  I scrolled to the bottom of the screen, selected the other "Alta" from the choices (vs. the one that said Alta and Alta HR), and it worked great.  Dank je!

Best Answer
0 Votes

This totally worked for me. Thank you so much for the tip!

Best Answer
0 Votes

tried just about everything just about to give up.

my wifes Iphone 7plus would not connect uninstall reinstall blah blah blah

so i tried my my iphone 6 plus connected straight away logged into her account on my phone turned the app off on my phone. wife turns on the app on hers shes connect no more probs.

technology int it brill

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone, I hope you're doing well, it's nice to have you on board @baldybusman, thanks for joining us. Smiley Happy

I appreciate many of you have come back and let us know your issue has now been resolved I'm very glad. 

If there's anything else I can do for you or if you need further assistance, please feel free to reply, I'll be happy to help! 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes
I still can’t get my ipad air to sync right - but at least my phone is working. Congrats!

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Help!

i did what you said above & still NOT syncing !! What now ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Nsncy3, I hope you're doing well, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community. I hope you're doing well too @sandgbach, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

@sandgbach, I appreciate you have come back and let me know your device is syncing with your phone. It's possible the phone established a Bluetooth connection with your Fitbit device, which makes a bit difficult for the device to sync with your iPad. To check this, go to your phone Settings > Bluetooth, the link will be present if you're able to see your Fitbit device listed here. If you'd like to sync with your iPad, make sure your phone's Bluetooth is turned off first. 

@Nsncy3, which tracker are you currently using? Have you restarted it yet? If so, I would like to suggest you the following:

• Make sure the latest version of the Fitbit app is installed on your phone.
  • The software on your mobile device is up to date. To check, tap Settings > General > Software Update.
  • Make sure there are no other Bluetooth devices around as they might interfere with the syncing process
  • Check that your Fitbit device's battery isn't critically low.

If your device still won't sync, try these steps:

1. Force quit the Fitbit app. 
  2. Go to Settings > Bluetooth and turn Bluetooth off and back on.
  3. Open the Fitbit app.
  4. If your Fitbit device didn't sync, restart your phone again.
  5. Open the Fitbit app.
  6. If your Fitbit device didn't sync, restart it one more time.
  7. If your Fitbit device won't sync after the restart, log in to your Fitbit account on a different phone, tablet, or computer and try to sync.
  8. If your Fitbit device still doesn’t sync, remove all other Fitbit devices from your account and from the list of connected Bluetooth devices on your mobile device and try to sync.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Want to transfer my Alta to my wife.  I set up my account in July 2017.  I thought I removed the device from my fitbit account and gave it to her (it does not show up as a device on my iphone - but my account is still there).  She can't get it to work or sync with her iphone - but her activity still shows up on my iphone!  I cannot remove it from my phone because it is NOT there.  Tried to add it - but it will not recognize it in bluetooth.  She had previously tried to syic with her iphone7 - but even though it showed up and loaded there - it would not sync (presumabley because it was somehow still connected with my prior account). So she fully removed it from her iphone - but it still doesn't show up on my iphone - but her activity (when she wears it) IS showing up.  Help!  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @klbat, thanks for joining the conversation, it's great to have you on board the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have brought this to my attention. Please note that Fitbit devices don't pair nor sync through the Bluetooth on your phone but through the Fitbit app. If your wife is able to see her information in your phone, it's possible she has logged in to her account on your phone. At this moment I would like to ask you to try the following:

1. Go to both phones and check if Alta is listed under paired devices in the phones's Bluetooth Settings. If it is, tap on it and select "Forget this Device"
  2. Restart both phones. 
  3. Open the Fitbit app and tap on Account, make sure you're logged in to your account on your phone and that your wife is logged in to her account on her phone. 
  4. If everything seems correct, turn off the Bluetooth on your phone. 
  5. Try to set up the Alta on your wife's account (even if it's already set up):
    • Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Account symbol at the top right corner of the screen, then tap on "Set up a New Device"
    • Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue
    • If the app asks you to replace your current tracker, please replace it and continue with the process.
    • When a pop-up appears asking you to Pair your tracker to your device, tap on Pair and continue.

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

That was the trick!  My Alta was still paired with my old phone.  Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes