Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Alta HR won't sync to my iPhone

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm trying to setup my Fitbit Atla HR to my iPhone but having problems getting it to sync to my iPhone 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Shirie Welcome to the Community! Glad to hear you're a new Alta HR user. Smiley Happy

I would suggest disabling Bluetooth on your iPhone and then turning it back on. You can also try quitting the Fitbit app and then opening it again to begin the setup process. If that still doesn't help, you should restart your iPhone and turn off any other Bluetooth devices you might have around. 

I hope you're able to begin getting your steps soon! If you still have trouble, please let me know. See you around the Community. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
18 REPLIES 18

@Shirie Welcome to the Community! Glad to hear you're a new Alta HR user. Smiley Happy

I would suggest disabling Bluetooth on your iPhone and then turning it back on. You can also try quitting the Fitbit app and then opening it again to begin the setup process. If that still doesn't help, you should restart your iPhone and turn off any other Bluetooth devices you might have around. 

I hope you're able to begin getting your steps soon! If you still have trouble, please let me know. See you around the Community. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Hi. I have tried all of the above but my phone still doesn't find the Fitbit

Best Answer

@Jayne321 Thanks for trying my suggestions. 

I think if available, you should try setting up with a computer or different mobile device at this point. You can find instructions for that here. If you still can't setup, I recommend exchanging the tracker with your retailer or contacting support for more assistance. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, I was having trouble, then read this.  I restarted my phone, turned on Bluetooth, and my Alta hr needed. An update.  I can see why people get frustrated but just like the computer, anytime you have issues you should always restart!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried all the suggestions with no luck. How do I restart my Fitbit?

Best Answer

I have tried the restart suggestions too,  but my iPhone still can't connect to the Alta hr 

i have restarted the Alta, my phone and turned Bluetooth off and back on. I am still unable to get a connection. The phone is continuously searching for other devices, but can't see the Fitbit 

Best Answer

I had the same issue, I had to update the fitbit app and it worked.

Hope this helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for your reply, but my app is up to date 🙂
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm experiencing the same thing and very very frustrated. I have literally done everything I know to do trying to set up my Fitbit Alta HR. I made sure my phone software is updated, I turned my phone off/on, turned my Bluetooth off/on, downloaded and redownloaded my Fitbit app, logged out and logged back in to my Fitbit app, chose to "forget" all other devices connected to my Bluetooth, rebooted my Fitbit, rebooted my phone... etc. Someone please help!! I have been fooling with this for hours. 

Best Answer
I ended up deleting the fitbit app completely on my phone and re-installing it rather than just checking it was up to date.
After doing that my iPhone was able to see the Alta hr on bluetooth and sync ok
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have spent two days and most of the night trying to sync my Fitbit Alta HR to my IPhone 7 Plus but nothing works. I love the look of them but it’s useless unless I can get it to sync. Can anyone help??? 

Best Answer

Same issue here. Spent the last 2 hours fiddling with what I'm now convinced is either the worst app or the worst tracker I've ever dealt with. 

I've tried the following: restarting phone, restarting app, uninstalling and reinstalling app, turning off and on bluetooth, logging out of and back into the app, app is up to date, phone is up to date, I have the all day sync and that other enhanced.blutooth sync thing turned on. I finally gave up and thought I'd try forgetting the device on the app and then re-adding it (I've had to do this twice since getting my alta hr and it worked both times before) but now when I go to add the device it can't finish adding it. I enter the code and then it just sits there and spins forever. Please someone help me. And don't tell me to use my computer. This is supposed to work with my phone. I bought it to work with my phone, not to work with a computer I hardly ever use and never have with me.

@Gailawillis1 wrote:

I have spent two days and most of the night trying to sync my Fitbit Alta HR to my IPhone 7 Plus but nothing works. I love the look of them but it’s useless unless I can get it to sync. Can anyone help??? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can’t get my Alta HR to sync to my iPhone 10.  Is Fitbit supported on the new iPhone?

Best Answer

I have tried all of those things.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Me too I have tried all of those things and none worked.

My Alta HR works on my iPhone 6s but doesn’t work with my iPhone X! Is it not compatible yet or what? 

Best Answer

Same thing here, but only when I’m connected to my wifi.

and I know that it has a strong connection because I’m using it right to many other things (like writing this comment, watching Netflix and working).

I have already tryed all things mentioned, and ir still dont sync while connected to the WiFi.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unbelievable.

I can't believe I just paid 200 bucks for a piece of technology that I can't use. Guess I will go get an Apple watch which is the last thing I wanted to do.

I can't believe they make this SO DIFFICULT TO SETUP.

After reading all of the " if you turn it off and on and turn this off and on..." seriously?  Am I dealing with a windows 1.0 product here or a windows10? and what's this stuff... "don't have a dongle? buy one" crap to fix an obvious known problem.  I will use this in my next class as a case study for my innovation and technology university course - it doesn't get any better than this...

Best Answer

I have done everything recommended. Disconnected all other devices from my iPhone, turned my phone off and back on, tried re-setting.........I had an Alta that had broken and now it won't sync.

Best Answer
0 Votes