Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit App "No Longer Available" error message???

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Trying to update my Fitbit app on my iphone and i'm getting an error pop-up saying "item no longer available"  Why is this happening?

Best Answer
35 REPLIES 35

Hi, I’m using iPhone 6 with the latest iOS update 12.01 but the update for Fitbit shows the message ‘no longer available ‘ when I click on th update button. Can someone help me out here please. Done the usual, off/on, signout/in etc. Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m using the iPhone 7 & also having the same problems 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have an iPhone 6s and I’m getting the same message on the update  

The app is still working so I would be patient and see if you the developer or iOS correct whatever the issue is Before taking any action

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Watchy Welcome to the Fitbit Community! I hope you're doing well! Sorry to hear that you can't update your Fitbit app. A new version was released but these releases are done in installments to review its behavior. It may just be that the app is still not available for you but it shouldn't take long. Please restart your iPhone and check again the app store. I am sure it will be available soon enough.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue. What is happening?   I can’t seem to read the reply to this message that was already made.

Best Answer
0 Votes

A warm welcome to the Community @Thaney35 and @WendyB thanks for stopping by.

I just wanted to let you know that I have moved your post from the Blaze board to the iOS app board, since I think that here you will be able to see more related topics about the Fitbit app.

Now about the issue you are experiencing, I would like to know if the instructions provided by our friend worked? Were you able to update your Fitbit app?

Hope to hear from you soon. Smiley Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

@cp9102 Welcome! It's nice to have you on board! Sorry to hear that you can't find the app on the App store. An update was released so this could be the reason it isn't showing in the App store (during the update release to all users and status update). Try restarting your phone and see if it shows now that a few hours have passed.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Lucky you, I still can’t sync mine despite trying everything suggested.  I think mine will be heading for the bin very shortly 

Best Answer
0 Votes

There was a BugFix update yesterday, which still shows as Update Available.

But when I tried to update it, popped up with an error saying "This item is no longer available".

So, was that update for specific watch models?

ScreenShot attached for reference.

FitBit Error.PNG

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve done all the above mentioned suggestions to no avail. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having this same issue.  Went to update my apps this morning, and all updated except Fitbit.  I got the same message as was mentioned by others "This item is no longer available."  I do have an old Fitbit Flex, but it still syncs with my app just fine.  I'm on an iPhone 6, running iOS 12.0.1 (software is up-to-date).  

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit Update: 10/17/18

Hey all!

Yesterday on 10/16, we released the Fitbit for iOS app version 2.81. Shortly after that, we realized there was an app crash that needed to be fixed asap. Later in the day, we did another release, Fitbit for iOS app version 2.81.1. If you are updating the app, make sure you are downloading app version 2.81.1. 

Since you're all having trouble doing so I recommend deleting the app from your iPhone, then going back to the app store to download 2.81.1. 

Hope this helps! Let me know if you still have questions. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

I can not update my Fitbit App in the US.  

Is there a new version for 12.0.1?   This is on an iPhone 6s. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you the version is working now.

Best Answer

Hello @craigmcley and @Grtorres1970, thanks for joining us, it's great to have you on board the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

@Grtorres1970, I appreciate you have let us know your issue has now been resolved, I'm very glad. 

@craigmcley, I wanted to reach out and ask you if you're still having trouble downloading the latest version of the Fitbit app. If you are, please let me know so I can check this further. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, have a great day. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Amy1986w, thanks for joining the conversation, it's great to have you on board the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

Thanks for sharing your experience with us. Please note that in Android the latest version of the app up to this day is the 2.81, so you are currently using the latest update. Now, if you need further assistance with this version of the app in Android I would like to recommend you to post your inquiries in the Android board, this will help us keep the Community organized. 

I hope this resolves your inquiry, have a great day.

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes