Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Charge 2 - Bluetooth Pairing and notifications not working

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have tried all the recommended suggestions with no luck. My ipad / iphone shows pairing through bluetooth is succesful, the fit bit app says failure to connect. It worked perfectly well when purchased last month, without this, it renders itself unsatisfactory and I will look to return it - shame.....

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Danda123 Welcome to the Fitbit Community! It's great to have you here! Try going to the bluetooth area on both your iPhone and iPad and remove your tracker from the list. Then turn off one of them or the bluetooth so there is only one device broadcasting BT signal. Restart your device and then restart your tracker by doing the following:

Plug the charging cable to your computer or UL certified wall adapter.
Align the contacts of the tracker with the charging cable and plug it in making sure it snaps securely.
Your tracker should start charging.
Press the button for 10 to 12 seconds.
You should see your tracker's firmware version and you can now unplug your tracker.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

@Danda123 Welcome to the Fitbit Community! It's great to have you here! Try going to the bluetooth area on both your iPhone and iPad and remove your tracker from the list. Then turn off one of them or the bluetooth so there is only one device broadcasting BT signal. Restart your device and then restart your tracker by doing the following:

Plug the charging cable to your computer or UL certified wall adapter.
Align the contacts of the tracker with the charging cable and plug it in making sure it snaps securely.
Your tracker should start charging.
Press the button for 10 to 12 seconds.
You should see your tracker's firmware version and you can now unplug your tracker.

Let me know how it goes!

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Oh dear, so having followed your guide step by step, now neither my ipad or iphone can find the charge 2 for pairing. Other pairing devices seem to identifyable.....:-(
Best Answer

YES!!! This seems to have resolved the issue, thank you 

🙂

Best Answer

@Danda123 happy to hear that your tracker is now syncing again. Time to get all those steps counted!

I'll be around!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have followed the sirections and now the iPhone can not detect the charge 2 at all. Notifications from my phone worked almost a month and now connections are disabled for now. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @CJulius, thanks for joining the conversation, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

Please keep in mind that Fitbit trackers do not pair or sync directly through the Bluetooth on your phone, they sync and pair using the Fitbit app and the tracker will only appear on the Bluetooth devices once Notifications or All-day Sync has been set up. 

Have you tried to restart your Charge 2 already? If so, I would like to suggest you to reset Notifications from the Fitbit app following these steps:

- Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and tap on your tracker. Then tap on Forget this Device. 

- Force-close the Fitbit app by double tapping the home button on your phone and swiping up the app. 

- Open the app again and tap on Account > Your Tracker > Notifications. You will receive the following Pop-up:

BTPairing.jpg

- Then, once you tap on Set Up, the app will begin setting up your tracker with the Bluetooth on your phone, which will prompt the next pop-up:

BTPairing2.jpg

- Tap Pair

- Once you get back to the tracker Options, tap on Notifications an enable the ones you'd like to receive. 

Please remember that the Charge 2 has a Do Not Disturb mode that might prevent them from receive Notifications. Please press and hold the button on the side for 2 seconds to turn on or off "Do Not Disturb"

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for your recommendations. I did try all the things you suggested with no success so I added my old Alta and removed the Charge 2 which would not work. I then returned the Charge 2 to Amazon. I really thought I would like the Charge 2 better.
Thanks again,
Carol Julius

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @CJulius, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. 

I'm sorry to hear you had to return your Charge 2. In case you need assistance with your Alta, please don't hesitate to reply, I'll be happy to continue helping you. 

Happy stepping! 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes