Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Customer Service

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

As I recently stated my Fitbit Versa basically stopped working, wont sync to my iPhone anymore, the date is seven days behind, time is wrong and the it won’t stay charged (goes from 85% - 0% within 2 hours). I did EVERYTHING that was stated to make everything work again, restarted my phone as well as the watch MULTIPLE times, uninstalled and updated the app, turned my Bluetooth off on my phone, EVERYTHING. I call Fitbit Customer Service, she tries to instruct me to do all of the same things that I told her I had already had done multiple times, she pauses and says “Well I can give you 25% off a new watch”, I then ask her so are you telling me the watch I have here is basically garbage and there is NOTHING I can do to fix my watch ? she then says “You can sync the watch to a different phone or tablet”. I am DISGUSTED with Fitbit right now, I spent my money to buy this obviously unfixable product and customer service has NO REMORSE and clearly can’t help me. 

8B059AFA-E47B-4AF0-A639-64969E72AC2E.jpeg

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Hello and welcome to the Fitbit Community @iLoveKandii23

I’m sorry that you’re experiencing issues with your Fitbit Versa and I understand your frustration. I assume your Fitbit Versa is past your warranty date or you would have been offered a replacement. It’s nice that you were offered a 25% discount on a purchase of a new watch as Fitbit is not required to offer anything past the warranty date. With that said, I still understand that your upset and want a functioning Fitbit. After reading through your post I see you have tried multiple troubleshooting steps on your own as well as with Fitbit Customer Service to try and resolve the issues. (Restarting, turning Bluetooth off/on etc) I did notice that you never mentioned the iOS device type you currently have. Did you check to see if your device type is compatible with the Fitbit App? You can view the compatibility list here: https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2315

Have you tried setting up your Versa as a new device? I asked because that was never mentioned it in your post. I think it would at least be worth a try and give it a shot. If you’re interested here’s how: 

Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and remove the tracker. In the list of Bluetooth devices you'll see the Fitbit Tracker and next to it, this symbol "!". Hit the symbol and it will take you to the next step, once you're there select the option that says "Forget this device" or "Unpair". Once you've made sure about that, go back to the Fitbit app, tap your profile picture then scroll down and select "Set up a Device". Pick Versa from the list. This should start the setup process for your device. Just follow the instructions as they come.

I’m hopeful that setting up as a new device is something that works for you. If it’s something you have already tried I apologize. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My wife and i both got new Fitbit forChristmas, Charge 3 and Inspire HR. As a daily follower of community  email updates, we were concerned, so many reported issues daily.

I set up both our new devices without and issues, after a few minor tweaks, everything, incl notifications, worked.

I have had some issue with Fitbit in past years; but, nothing but satisfaction now.

Well done Fitbit, Merry Christmas to all the teams

Macbear

Best Answer

This is fantastic @macbear! Thank you for sharing and Happy Holidays to you and your family! 😃 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@iLoveKandii23 When i click your name above where it says "jogger" it says that you registered for fitbit on 5/5/19, which was about 7-8 months ago depending on how you look at it. Since you can't use a fitbit without an account it would be safe to assume that your device is still  under warranty as the warranty covers you for 12 months.I don't understand why they would try and sell you a new tracker at this point when you are still under warranty they should be trying to help fix your current tracker.

You don't appear to be the only user experiencing issues with fitbit's warranty. There is another user that posted an issue with her charge 3.  https://community.fitbit.com/t5/iOS-App/No-message-notifications-on-a-new-Fitbit-charge-3/m-p/396263...

The 25% discount doesn't really make sense because in order to to solve the problem they want you to throw more money at it, but if you check the forums you'll see that the issue isn't limited to just one tracker and multiple people are reporting issues. All you would be doing is trading in one problem for another.

I don't work for fitbit and if you've seen any of my other posts you can see i'm not really happy with some of the recent changes they made, but i think your problems might be related to the tracker syncing to your phone.  I'm not sure if you tried @SunsetRunner solution, but there is a really good chance that it'll solve your problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes