Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Versa Lite - iOS 13.4.1 syncing / update issues

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi there

Firstly I had a problem with the Fitbit not updating, now it will not sync at all and my phone (iPhone 8 Plus) is not recognising my Fitbit at all.  I have a replacement and it is not moving past the welcome screen/message.

When I look at the Bluetooth, it seems to drop in and out so it doesn't seem to connect properly.

I have tried all recommended technical advise.  Has anyone else had this/a similar problem?

Thank you

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
18 REPLIES 18

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Lotty79.

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and sharing the details of the issue you're experiencing with updating and syncing your Versa Lite. Thanks for trying to resolve this and I am here to help. 

Upon checking with our Support team, I was told that you have already contacted them. I know they will be glad to help you out and provide a solution. I recommend to continue working with them since they have already all the details and special tools to continue assisting you.

If you have any questions, feel free to let me know.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I haven’t been able to synch my Charge 3 all week. Have tried my iPad and my phone and no luck with either. I’ve recently updated to iOS 13.4.1 too and think this may be the reason.
I’ve tried resetting my Fitbit and also tried going through the replacement sequence. It says it’s found my tracker and then doesn’t get any further. No code comes through to my tracker. I’ve turned Bluetooth off and back on and also my iPad. Also deleted the Fitbit app and reinstalled. At a loss to know what else to do. Very annoying!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @MillysMum, it's nice to see you again in our Community Forums. 

Thank you for joining the thread and sharing that you're experiencing the same issue with your Charge 3. I totally understand how you are feeling. I appreciate your troubleshooting efforts and recommend doing the following:

- Open Settings app on iPhone
- Scroll down, tap Fitbit -> Toggle Location to 'Always'
- Ensure toggles next to Bluetooth and Background App Refresh are turned "On"

You can confirm the complete troubleshooting instructions in this help article: Why won't my Fitbit device sync? 

Upon checking with our Support team, I was told that you have already contacted them. I know they will be glad to help you out and provide a solution, please keep an eye on your inbox.

I'll be around if you have any questions. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here, Fitbit sent a brand new replacement but this did not work at all, and they have offered to send another replacement but it seems to be a Fitbit / iOS issue as I have had syncing problems before on previous models. It’s frustrating as I love the Fitbit but it appears to be a re-occurring problem with every iOS up-date! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Lotty79, thank you for your reply. I am sorry for the delayed response.

I understand that this is very frustrating and appreciate your time and feedback. We're always working on improving our devices and user experiences, and your comments are always welcome. Our team is actively working on this issue, please keep an eye on the updates here. I appreciate your patience and understanding.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've honestly been through all of the steps with Support and after taking me through lots of steps I'd already taken, I've just been thanked for my patience and they are working on it. No cause explanation but a recommendation to keep my app up to date. No timeframe, nothing... Extremely frustrating because currently, my Fitbit doesn't even function as a watch because while it can't sync it can't keep time....... Can anyone explain what the issue it and if it is a known issue? I've owned my Fitbit for 9 months so if it's faulty I'd like a replacement before my 12-month warranty expires. Thanks, Sam

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Panther20.

Thank you for joining the thread and sharing that you're experiencing syncing issue with your watch. I am sorry that you are going through this situation, I appreciate your troubleshooting efforts and understand your concern. Upon checking with our Support team, I was told that you have already contacted them and that they were able to help you. Thank you for your time and efforts.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been having the same issues. I have an iPhone XR and Fitbit Versa Lite.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Me too, same combination. Try Livechat with Fitbit, they were so much more helpful than via messenger.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Where they able to fix your problem?
--

Moderator Edit: Personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

They have sent me a replacement, so we'll see. When I initially contacted them through messenger/facebook they honestly just fobbed me off but Livechat was much more helpful. I have tried my existing Fitbit on an old iOS that my daughter has on her phone, 12.4.6, and it still wouldn't work so it's not the recent iOS that has caused the issue. The guys on Messenger keep telling me they are working on a fix but don't have a fixed timeframe but won't say what the problem is. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello.. My Fitbit has been sitting in the box ready to take it back to the shop.  Fitbit have been helpful but I have found the process quite draining as I have to re-do all the steps each time I contact a new person.  The last action was for Fitbit to send me a second replacement, but I do not wish to spend further hours trying to sync something that clearly has a problem with the iOS platform.

The resolution.. I am taking it back to the shop I bought it from and having a full refund.  I have been waiting for the shop to open and will have to travel to the next city to get there.  Really sorry Fitbit, I love your devices and app, but I just want a device that works!  I will be going to Garmin and hopefully there will not be a problem (fingers crossed).

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @BrittBarr, welcome on board. @Panther20 and @Lotty79, I'm glad to see you here again.

Thanks for keeping me updated and for the time taken to troubleshoot your watch. Our team has been informed of the impact this issue has caused you and they're working to bring a solution to all our affected users. I'm sorry that you're having this experience and while there isn't a time frame when the fix will be available, we'll recommend to keep the Fitbit app updated as you've done so far. That way we can ensure that you'll receive the quickest solution.

@Lotty79, I see where you're coming from and I appreciate you for sharing your feedback about this situation. Every comment shared in the forums is always taken into consideration to improve our products, services and overall environment, and yours won't be the exception.You're always welcome back to the Fitbit family.

I'll be around if you have another question.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi LizzyFitbit,

While I appreciate your input it doesn’t really help. I’ve received my replacement Fitbit, which started well, needed to be updated before it could work with the app and promptly froze while halfway through one of the updates. Could you please explain what the problem is and why it isn’t affecting everyone who owns a Fitbit and an iPhone? I don’t think there has been a clear explanation. I have now had to take my Fitbit off, it’s pointless because it can’t keep time, which makes it good only as a pedometer. A pretty expensive pedometer. Does the problem affect all Fitbit models?  

Please clarify what’s causing the problem, my husbands Fitbit is working fine.

I’ve had my Fitbit for less than a year and at this point I think I would like a refund to enable me to buy an Apple Watch. Is that feasible?

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello Lizzyfitbit,

You haven’t answered the question in my reply - am I able to receive a refund as the watch was bought less than a year ago?
I’d like to buy another brand.

Thanks,
Sam
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Panther20. It's good to see you here again.

Thanks for getting back and sharing your feedback about your Versa Lite. We've received reports about these syncing issues which started after updating to iOS 13.4.1 and above. Since this is affecting some of our members, our team continues investigating and testing the Fitbit app to identify a solution as soon as possible. Once we have more details, we'll update this thread.

About your other inquiry, let me explain that Fitbit provides refunds to any order purchased from our Fitbit store that is within 45 days as described in our warranty policy. If your Versa Lite was purchased from another retailer, I'd recommend getting in touch with them so they can provide you with more details about the refund policy.

I'll be around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just thought I'd give you an update. I've just run through these steps, which I hadn't done before with any of the other agents, and my Fitbit Versa Lite is finally working. https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2047

And this is the LiveChat transcript, it gives steps that aren't in the article: 

April (14/07/2020, 12:03:50): Okay. Do you have the charging cable with you?
Me (14/07/2020, 12:04:09): Fitbit or iPhone
April (14/07/2020, 12:04:21): The Fitbit.  
Me (14/07/2020, 12:05:28): Got it
April (14/07/2020, 12:06:03): Please plug your Versa Lite on the charger and onto a computer or a laptop USB port.
Me (14/07/2020, 12:06:27): done
April (14/07/2020, 12:06:50): Okay. Confirm once done with each instruction.
April (14/07/2020, 12:07:01): Turn off and on your phone Bluetooth.
Me (14/07/2020, 12:07:20): Done
April (14/07/2020, 12:09:42): Restart your watch.
April (14/07/2020, 12:09:53): Please restart your device by pressing the left button for 10 seconds until you see a Fitbit logo.

Please restart your device by pressing the left button for 10 seconds until you see a Fitbit logo.
Me (14/07/2020, 12:10:01): Done
April (14/07/2020, 12:10:49): Remove your watch from your Fitbit account.
Me (14/07/2020, 12:11:16): Done
Me (14/07/2020, 12:11:43): I've removed from the account
April (14/07/2020, 12:12:14): Okay. Go to your phone Bluetooth settings and let me know if Versa Lite is listed under paired devices.
Me (14/07/2020, 12:12:32): No, it's not there
April (14/07/2020, 12:13:05): Thanks for checking.
April (14/07/2020, 12:13:19): Reconnect your watch to your Fitbit account.
April (14/07/2020, 12:13:25): I'll standby here and will check back on you every minute or two to ensure that our connection won't be lost.
Me (14/07/2020, 12:14:44): Okay, that's done & it's asking me to update now. This is the point I get to every time & then halfway through the update it fails
Me (14/07/2020, 12:15:01): Would you like me to select update now?
April (14/07/2020, 12:16:29): Yes please.
April (14/07/2020, 12:16:42): Just leave it plugged in the computer while it does.
April (14/07/2020, 12:16:47): I'll standby here and will check back on you every minute or two to ensure that our connection won't be lost.
April (14/07/2020, 12:19:17): How's it going there?
Me (14/07/2020, 12:19:47): It's downloaded and now it's installing. Looks like it's getting further than it has before
Me (14/07/2020, 12:20:15): My phone says Versa Lite is updated, you can continue the setup
April (14/07/2020, 12:21:39): Allow it to successfully sync to the app.
Me (14/07/2020, 12:22:24): When will I know when it's done? The Fitbit screen says Shortcuts and the phone screen says try it on
Me (14/07/2020, 12:22:31): And "Next"
April (14/07/2020, 12:24:37): Let me check the behaviour on my end for a few minutes.
Me (14/07/2020, 12:25:34): So shall I take it off the charger cable?
Me (14/07/2020, 12:25:42): And pop the strap on it?
Me (14/07/2020, 12:26:56): Also, could you explain why that worked with the charger cable? I've spoken to three different agents and none of them has used the cable.
April (14/07/2020, 12:27:38): The suggestion can be found on our recommended troubleshoots seen from this article though.
April (14/07/2020, 12:27:38): https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2047
April (14/07/2020, 12:27:52): I see it has already synced and updated.
Me (14/07/2020, 12:28:45): I'm unclear why the cable works when plugged into a mac and not the wall?
April (14/07/2020, 12:29:09): It just needed enough power and plugging it through a computer USB port mostly have resolved issues related to update.
Me (14/07/2020, 12:29:51): Gosh, I'm glad I got through to you!
Me (14/07/2020, 12:30:01): Is this since the new update or has it always worked
April (14/07/2020, 12:31:18): It has been recommended through update concerns which you may be able to see through the article I sent in. Were you familiar to the article through our help site before contacting us?

Best Answer

Hi @Panther20. Welcome back to the forums.

Thanks for keeping me updated and for sharing your conversation with the Support team via chat. I'm glad that your Versa Lite was able to update its firmware and started working well. I'm sure others will find your post very helpful when updating their watches. I appreciate your efforts and if you need anything else, don't hesitate to let me know.

See you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes