Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Versa is not connecting to iOS app/phone

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

iOS 13 on iPhone 11. Fitbit Versa. Reset Versa. Uninstalled/reinstalled app. Turned off phone. Turned off/on bluetooth. Tried everything obvious and have been trying for several hours. Any ideas

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @silveraudi2. I am sorry for the delayed response.

I am sorry to hear your Fitbit Versa is not connecting to your iPhone 11. Thanks for trying to resolve this and I am here to help. I recommend doing the following:

- Open Settings app on phone

- Scroll down, tap Fitbit -> Toggle Location to 'Always'

- Ensure toggles next to Bluetooth and Background App Refresh are turned "On"

For complete troubleshooting instructions to resolve the syncing issue, check this help article: Why won't my Fitbit device sync?

Keep me posted on the outcome, I'll be around. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My app updated and now won’t sync. Tells me that my alta won’t connect and to update app, even though it’s already been updated and doesn’t show another update to do. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Carla-moran.

Thank you for joining the thread and sharing that your tracker is not syncing after the app update. I appreciate your efforts to resolve this and confirming that your app is updated to the latest version. Have you tried already the complete troubleshooting steps provided in the previous post?  

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem with my Alta HR. It says this version is no longer compatible with your Alta HR. Does this mean I have to purchase a newer Fitbit??

Best Answer
0 Votes
I made sure everything was updated and restarted my phone and my app worked again.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Having given up on solving the problem for several days I thought I’d give
it one more go. Uninstalled the app. Turned off phone etc. Nothing
different to what I’d tried several times before. Suddenly it’s connecting
fine. Something changed, but I’ve no idea what. All good now.
Best Answer
0 Votes