Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app - Ability to move tiles around / change display

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I liked the old app much much better. I liked being able to control the display with often just a click. I also liked the ability to see most of the data at once - now - I have to scroll down. Is there any way they can allow users to chose between the apps? I love my fitbit - but I really hate the new app. I have used it for over a month - and still have not "gotten used" to it. 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

I think you are referring to the new vs old dashboard.

Once you have switched to the new dashboard, there is no way to go back.

I have so far been choosing the "Not Now" button to avoid being forced to switch.  The forum has so many threads voicing dislike but Fitbit has no intention of giving users a choice to roll back.  I am afraid you just have to get used to it or switch to something else altogether.

Best Answer

It seems that once you move to the new layout you can't go back. Fitbit say:

"After you switch to the new app experience, you can no longer access the old Fitbit app design. Over the next few months, the old Fitbit app design won’t be available, and the new app experience will become permanent."

taken from: Help article: What’s the new Fitbit app experience?

It seems that even if there were a choice between the two, eventually the old one will disappear. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
@SteveH wrote:

It seems that even if there were a choice between the two, eventually the old one will disappear. 

That may be true, but by delaying the forced switch over, I can selfishly let the other early adopters be the unwilling guinea pigs to test out the new experience.  LOL.

Best Answer
You are right on both counts – I am talking about the new display – and yes – it is a matter of time. I thought after a month I would “get used” to it – but . . . it’s been over 6 weeks – and I still long for “the good old days”! 😊
Best Answer
0 Votes

I dislike the new display seems it's not really user-friendly.

It seems too simple and not very smart feeling.

Is it possible can choose different type of display?

Best Answer

So - I put this down as a solution - and now the thread is marked "solved". Apparently by voting for / affirming your opinion, I inadvertently closed the thread! Smiley Mad

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've "unsolved" it for you

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks! I also reposted under the feature suggestions (I think that was one of your suggestions on another post) Thanks again for your help!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello there @LouUser, thanks for stopping by! 

As my friends @sko_tang and @SteveH posted, there's no way to roll back the previous Fitbit app update. However, for anything else you would like to see implemented in the future, consider visiting our Feature Suggestions board. This is a space where Community users can post features, ideas, and suggestions that they'd like to see in future Fitbit products, accessories, and software and top-voted suggestions get relayed to our product team for review. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

You can also see: What's the new Fitbit app experience?

Let us know if there's anything else we may do to assist you with. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes