Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app crashes after update (CLOSED)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I updated the Fitbit app (app version 2.20) on my iPhone 5c (iOS 9.2.1) and it keeps crashing every time I try to turn it on. If I delete the app to reinstall it. I will lose all my data. Please help!

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 BEST ANSWERS

Accepted Solutions

@Annaki

Have moved this thread from the Flex to the iOS section since being a app related issue. Your post will get more attention here.

Your data is stored on your Fitbit Account, uninstalling the app won't loose any data. The app retrieves the data back from your account which is on the Fitbit Servers.

When logging foods for example in the app (phone), it sync's to your account, if logging food online (fitbit.com).. the app (phone) retrieves the latest information from the account when internet is turned on (mobile or wifi)..

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks Mystique! I deleted and reinstalled the Fitbit app on my iPhone and now it works well.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
30 REPLIES 30

@Annaki

Have moved this thread from the Flex to the iOS section since being a app related issue. Your post will get more attention here.

Your data is stored on your Fitbit Account, uninstalling the app won't loose any data. The app retrieves the data back from your account which is on the Fitbit Servers.

When logging foods for example in the app (phone), it sync's to your account, if logging food online (fitbit.com).. the app (phone) retrieves the latest information from the account when internet is turned on (mobile or wifi)..

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks Mystique! I deleted and reinstalled the Fitbit app on my iPhone and now it works well.
Best Answer
I deleted and reinstalled and it still crashes. Using Apple iPhone 5s IOS 9.2.1
Best Answer
0 Votes

yeah, mine is crashing during workout tracking. Very frustrating! I think I've ran about 3 miles and it's only logged 1 then crashed.

Best Answer
Mine has crashed during every exercise as well. Also not tracking my sleep correctly after the update. Now this morning it is not tracking my steps.
Best Answer

Mystique -- it seems I'm not the only user who after uninstalling the app and reinstalling it (with IOS) the app continues to crash. What is being done to prevent this now and in the future? Is there an update to release that will satisfy this problem as well as us users?  Thank you for additional suggestions.

Best Answer

Only Fitbit knows @lasrme 

Am voluntary helping on the forums. 😽

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to our Community @Annaki @tarnold! It's great to see you around more often @lasrme  @AgentNutCat Very HappyI noticed my friend @SunsetRunner provided you all with great information to help you resolve this issue. I'd like to know if you all are experiencing this issue while you're using mobile run? Also, please know that when you experience a crash, you can open the Fitbit App and you'll receive a notification asking if you'd like to send crash logs to our iOS team. When this message appears, tap "Send." Your crash logs are then sent directly to our iOS team. The team will be notified immediately and start working on a fix, which is usually implemented in the next version of the app.

I hope this helps, let me know how it goes! Cat Wink

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
Hi, my app has been crashing constantly, too. Have reinstalled it 2 or 3x since the last update to no avail. If I can get the app to run, it crashes 1) when it's open and just updating the step count in real time via Bluetooth; 2) when I'm trying to send a message to a friend; 3) when I'm trying to leave a comment in a challenge. It also logs me out frequently, for no rhyme or reason that I can discern. Other times, I can't even get it to run - I start it, the screen blinks, and the app immediately quits. When that happens, I delete and reinstall. I've never seen the option to send a crash report. Hope this can be resolved soon. Thanks!

@AlejandraFitbit wrote:

Welcome to our Community @Annaki @tarnold! It's great to see you around more often @lasrme  @AgentNutCat Very HappyI noticed my friend @SunsetRunner provided you all with great information to help you resolve this issue. I'd like to know if you all are experiencing this issue while you're using mobile run? Also, please know that when you experience a crash, you can open the Fitbit App and you'll receive a notification asking if you'd like to send crash logs to our iOS team. When this message appears, tap "Send." Your crash logs are then sent directly to our iOS team. The team will be notified immediately and start working on a fix, which is usually implemented in the next version of the app.

I hope this helps, let me know how it goes! Cat Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

My app crashes like 6 times a day. Also twice now when the app crashed, I open it back up and all my trackers are gone. My Blaze, Aria, and the MobileTrack have been like removed from the app. I have to manually add them back to my account. Annoying.

Best Answer
I did what the other person suggested and still it crashed yesterday. I have not ever seen the request to send crash notices to the iOS team if I did I would definitely send every one.

Have a blessed day.

Lori S
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Running Fitbit app version 2.21 (487) on iPhone 6 with iOS 9.3.1

This seems to have gotten worse after the most recent app update -- along with the iOS update.

I am seeing the app crash frequently after a food entry.  The entry will sometime "disappear" but the total calories will still be the same -- then will the app will crash.

If it does not crash, I have to close the app and restart it to get the entry back.  Very annoying.

Nothing else seems to be affected (for now).

Best Answer

Same thing happens to me with trying to log walks. I haven't been out for about 4 days, due to health and work issues but planning to try again tomorrow. Hoping it soon works!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the exact same issues with food entry crashes and calorie miscalculation on iPhone 6S. Guess we need to keep complaining and wait for an update.

Best Answer

Mine constantly crashes in my iPhone 6 plus.  Crashes when I enter food.  Crashes when I message people in challenges.  Crashes when I try to use emojis.  Crashes when I just open the app.  Crashes, crashes, crashes.  No rhyme or reason to the crashes at all.

I've uninstalled and re-installed.  Doesn't help.  

I've restarted the phone and the app.  Doesn't help.  

I've restarted my Surge.  Doesn't help.

I keep sending the crash reports every time it asks me to.  

Any help?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I deleted the app... Now I can't find it in the Apple Store to reinstall!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I noticed the app was crashing a couple of days ago during food entry.  Or like you I add and entry, and it doesn't show up.  I have to close the app, and reopen it. 

Now it seems even worse.  I can only enter one or two items, and it crashes.

I have the lastest app and latest iOS.

Very frustrating.

John | Texas,USA | Surge | Aria | Blaze | Windows | iPhone | Always consult with a doctor regarding all medical issues. Keep active!!!
Best Answer

@Runnerlady57 you can search the app store for "fit bit" or "fitbit" or "fit bit app for iphone". You can also use safari to search for "fit bit app" and it will display a few different options but the first one is FitBit (iTunes) it goes right to the app store and will give you the app to download.

I hope this helps you out and get back up and running. I still experienced problems Sunday with it crashing but when I walked this morning, it didn't crash. We shall see!! Best of luck to you.

Best Answer
0 Votes
All that come up is find your Fitbit! Even when I click on Fitbit app for ipad
Best Answer
0 Votes