Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app crashing on iOS 12 Beta.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is there a place to report app crashes for iOS 12?  I'm running the 1st public beta and randomly at the end of a sync with my Charge 2 the app crashes back to the home screen.  I sent a bug report to Apple of course but an iOS forum mentioned I probably need to send app crash reports to FitBit instead.  Just wondering if there is a process for reporting app problems like that?  I didn't see anything obvious inside the app itself.

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

I’ve had the same issue FYI if you put phone into airplane mode load Fitbit then turn off airplane mode it will sync to your device. I’ve noticed you need to do this 3 times for everything to sync (it appears active mins is the last thing to sync)

Best Answer
0 Votes

@john_rush wrote:

I’ve had the same issue FYI if you put phone into airplane mode load Fitbit then turn off airplane mode it will sync to your device. I’ve noticed you need to do this 3 times for everything to sync (it appears active mins is the last thing to sync)

Well, it's very random when it crashes.  I have the sync option turned on where it will constantly sync as well and that seems to be working too.  It's just every few times I open the app to force a sync it will randomly crash to the homescreen when it finishes the sync.  If I immediately re-open the app is shows the updated sync data (steps/etc.).  I just wasn't sure where to report a bug or if there even is a place to do so for running the app on the beta version of iOS 12 at this point.

Best Answer
0 Votes

FYI, I’ve just updated to iOS 12 beta 2 and it appears to have stopped Fitbit crashing for me. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @john_rush, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to see you around. It's great to see you as well @flyinion, thanks for sharing your experience with us. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have brought this to my attention, please note that iOS 12 is still a beta product and the Fitbit app does not officially support any unreleased operating systems, which might be the cause some features in the app to not work as expected such as the app crashing randomly. 

We're currently aware of the situation affecting the iOS 12 beta release and once we have more information to share about it, we'll make sure to notify you here in the Community. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, I hope you have a great day. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

Facing the same issue, apparently reported to apple forum too, they saying iOS 12 beta does create some minor bugs in few apps but they are working on it presently.

With Regards,

Xovo Larjem

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the released ios12 on my Xs Max. No crashing, but no notifications either. I have closed the app, turned off phone, turned back on phone, checked Bluetooth settings (Alta not showing), went to app, turned on All Day Sync, and it said it paired. Less than 15 seconds later the pairing was lost. 

Will there be an update to the app?  Or is the software not compatible?

Please and thank you. 

Best Answer

Hello @Mojavediva, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for having taken the time to report this situation. Please note that even when the iPhone XS hasn't been added yet to the list of compatible devices, I would like to suggest you the following steps to reset Notifications on your tracker through the Fitbit app:

- Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and tap on tracker. Then tap on Forget this Device. 

- Force-close the Fitbit app by double tapping the home button on your phone and swiping up the app. 

- Open the app again and tap on Account > Your Tracker > Notifications. You will receive the following Pop-up:

BTPairing.jpg

- Then, once you tap on Set Up, the app will begin setting up your tracker with the Bluetooth on your phone, which will prompt the next pop-up:

BTPairing2.jpg

- Tap Pair

- Once you get back to the tracker options, tap on Notifications an enable the ones you'd like to receive. 

Additionally, please go to your phone Settings > Notifications > Fitbit and Settings > Notifications > Messages and check that the following is enabled:

• Allow Notifications
  • Show on Lock Screen
  • Show in History

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes