Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta HR not syncing since latest update.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

my Alta HR is not syncing since i updated the fitbit app yesterday on the Appstore (iOS).

the little wifi sign on top of the battery icon keeps flashing but nothing happens.

when i pull down the screeen it changes status to "looking..." and then nothing happens.

I tried to log out and in again on the app still the same issue.

Please help urgently!

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
25 REPLIES 25

Well I tried to remove the Alta HR from the app and re-link it and now it’s not even connecting it. The Fitbit app finds it and keeps trying to connect in loop...

i tried unpairing it, log out, delete the app and redownload it and nothing...

my Alta HR is now useless until Fitbit fox that **ahem** latest app update.

CAN YOU PLEASE FIX THIS?

Best Answer

can we have an answer from FITBIT please???

Best Answer

Yes I am having the same problem. I’m using an iPhone X. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same exact problem since installing the latest iOS Fitbit APP update on my iPhone on 3/28/18. The battery indicator is yellow & half full (but 100% charged when in the charger) & it says ‘looking’ & never connects. I’ve tried restarting my iPhone & Fitbit flex, turning BT off & on, cleaning it, all to no avail. I’m thinking it must be a bug. I’m on my 3rd day of my flex not tracking. 

Best Answer

I’m having the same issue. My fit bit will sync on my old phone that has not updated yet. On the updated app it will not sync. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Charge 2 will receive meal info from my fitness pal but won’t send any data back. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey guys,

i guess Fitbit heard us. They realeased an update for the app that was supposed to “fix bugs” so I was hopeful.

after updating it, it worked again! My tracker is now syncing again and all back to normal...

make sure you update the app again and you should be good to go!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I updated and still not syncing. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I did and everything is good.

Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Awesome! It worked!!! Thank you!!!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone, I hope you're doing well. Smiley Happy

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I appreciate some of you have come back and let me know your issue has now been resolved, I'm very glad.

Please note that we have just released a new version of the Fitbit app, so I would like to encourage you to download it and then try to sync. If your tracker is still not syncing, please take in consideration the following:

• Restart your tracker 
  • Restart your phone
  • Make sure you have a strong WiFi signal when syncing.
  • Make sure there are no other Bluetooth devices around that might interfere with the syncing process.

If your tracker is still not syncing after checking these points, my best recommendation would be setting up your tracker as a new device. Don't worry, none of the information already stored in your account will be deleted. 

To set up your tracker as a new device:

1. Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device.
  2. Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Account symbol at the top right corner of the screen, then tap on "Set up a New Device"
  3. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue
  4. When the app asks you to replace your current tracker, please replace it and continue with the process.
  5. When a pop-up appears asking you to Pair your tracker to your device, tap on Pair and continue.

Now, @SunsetRunner, if you're still having trouble syncing with MFP, please restart the connection between both apps following the steps in this post.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

I do not see a new release in the APP store dated today? I updated with the release you guys promoted 3/31/18 but that didn’t fix my sync/tracker not found problem that I’ve had since installing the last release on 3/28/18. 

My flex hasn’t sync’d since Wed 3/28/18 & I’ve been working w/tech support for sev. days (no solution yet). I’m now on day 6 of my flex not working.

Best Answer

Hello @NancyB, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

Please note that the latest update of the app was released on April 2nd, as stated on this official post. To check if the update has been installed, go to the App Store and tap on the Updates tab, if an update is pending, Fitbit will appear on this list. 

I hope this can be helpful, please update the app and let me know if you're still experiencing issues with your Flex. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes
Aren’t the moderators informed immediately when an update is avail.? The 4/2/18 release date is incorrect. This latest release was actually promoted early on 4/1/18. Boulz (Jogger) posted early Sun a.m. 4/1 that this update was avail & to download it. Many of us did but it only resolved the sync prob. for some of us. Others like me still can’t sync. I’m now on day 7 of not being able to sync & tech support is still trying to resolve.

I would appreciate it if moderators would post the (correct) release date in future posts vs. saying an update ‘just’ became avail. (as though the release time stamp is same day as your post). It would save us time in looking for an update we’ve already installed.
Thank you.
Best Answer
0 Votes

WPRandy....I noticed you (like me) were still not able to sync after installing the 4/1 APP update. Is yours still not working?

Or...if it is, how did you resolve the sync prob? I’ve been working with tech support for sev. days & sending screenshots but no fix yet 🙁

Best Answer

Mine is working. I didn’t do anything. I just waited it out. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

WPRandy...so it just started syncing on its own w/no action taken by you?

How many days did it take to fix itself? What type of phone & Fitbit do you have? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Charge 2. iPhone. A few days. I had the same problem with the Flex I used a year or two ago. Tried everything. Nothing worked. Then, one day, it worked. Sometimes the electrons just need to get back on track in the ether? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thx much for your reply! I guess I’ll just have to keep waiting ☹️
Best Answer
0 Votes