Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app doesn't allow to connect multiple devices

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I recently updated the Fitbit app in a LONG time.

I have 3 Fitbit devices: Versa, Ionic, and Alta. Before I updated the app I had all three on my account, after I updated it they all were disconnected.

When I set up the first watch everything is fine, but when I try to set up anything else it tells me "Switching? There's a Fitbit _____ connected to your account already." and only gives me the option to switch and not just add another device. 

Anyone got any help for this?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
56 REPLIES 56

I just upgraded to a pixel watch. But it doesn't have the battery life to also track sleep. Super annoying that I can't use my versa or sense 2 for sleep tracking while my pixel watch charges.

Best Answer

Well you post is over a year old.  I just recently bought a Versa 4, currently have a Versa 2.  As with many users from the comments on this forum I wanted to use one watch for every day and one for outside, swimming etc.  Since I cannot do this I have returned my Versa 4.  I will wait until you fix this stupid problem or until my watch stops functioning, or maybe I will just get an apple watch instead.  I am sure you and the fitbit developers do not care.

see you around

Best Answer

It’s funny you post this actually. Ive stuck it out for 12 months but I’ve ordered an Apple Watch in the sales, so long Fitbit!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Selling my pixel watch as we speak

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is a terrible reason. Ofcourse people have different reasons for using different devices. I am not going to use my brand new google watch when I am doing a tough mudder. The fact that this isn't fixed yet is ridiculous.

Best Answer

Got an Inspire today thinking I could use it to track sleep while my Pixel Watch charges (can't tack sleep after wearing the Pixel watch all day). This was a rude awakening to find out when I went to 'add device' ... Returning the Inspire tomorrow. Possibly selling the Pixel Watch and going back to Garmin.

Was simple, I thought... Use the Pixel for daytime/work/leisure, and the Inspire for the gym/sleep. Guess not. 

Best Answer

I just discovered that I am not allowed to use both my new Fitbit Luxe and Fitbit Charge 5 on the same account on my iPhone! I purchased both so I could wear the Luxe at night for sleep tracking and the Charge 5 during the day for exercise and step count. Why would Fitbit not design the app to allow both devices on one account at the same time?? I now see old posts from YEARS ago that were asking Fitbit to implement this same simple capability. Why has Fitbit not improved the app to allow for such basic, common sense capability? Now I'm going to return the Luxe to Best Buy, it seems, which is stupid, lost sale for Fitbit. Please fix this limitation!

Best Answer

Knowing that someday, I would probably be upgrading my Fitbit tracker, and hearing about the steps needed to go between different trackers inside the iOS app I created a feature suggestion. The feature suggestion was that a fifth tab be placed at the bottom of the iOS app, and that, after clicking on the tab, a screen would come up allowing users to tap on the device. They wished to use it and had added to that screen. As I had learned from conversations within the community, changing between crackers and watches, was not a simple process. Older trackers such as the charge for  And the charge to that ion allow for easy migration between the two trackers. If the customer care told me that it could not be done however, if it moderators debunked that customer care information. No one has stated that a fix that would allow easy migration between trackers and watches  is being planned or even under consideration. 

Best Answer

Odd, I have a Versa 2, Alta HR, Charge HR & a Flex all on my account.  Are you saying if I buy a new Fitbit & try to sync it/set it up it's going to remove my other watches?  I mean, I wear different watches depending on what I'm doing....

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Sabrina77079 exactly.  It used to be possible to have multiple Fitbits on the same account, and therefore you can still combine older Fitbits with a newer one. But if, for example, you decided to upgrade your Charge HR with a Charge 5, installing the Charge 5 would remove your Versa 2 (you could still keep the Charge 2, Alta HR and Flex on your account.

I hope that clarifies it for you.

By the way congratulations on having those older Fitbits still working!  You must look after them very well.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

*bump*

yep, I am also wondering this. I have a Flex 2, which I love, and I would LOVE them to release a Flex 3 but I don’t think they will. SO I am considering purchasing a Luxe so I can access some of the more technical features in the app. Am I right to understand that since the Flex 2 is older I would be able to add both to the app and switch between them easily (as opposed to having two newer models)?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Angelil60 , yes, that is correct.  You can have both the Flex 2 and a Luxe (or any other newer model) on the same account and can switch between them.  Before switching from one tracker to another always make sure that you first sync BOTH trackers.  So, for example, if you are wearing your Luxe in the morning, and then switch to Flex 2, make sure the steps from your Luxe are reflected on your Flex 2.  Otherwise you do risk “losing” steps.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
0 Votes

Perfect, thank you for clarifying!

Best Answer

Another person unhappy with this...don't you want us to buy more Fitbits? 

Get it sorted! 

Best Answer

Just bought an inspire a few weeks ago and was gifted a Google pixel watch for my birthday thinking I could wear it during the day and use my smaller cheaper tracker for sleeping and working out. To say I'm frustrated with the inability to link two devices to my fitbit account doesn't even scratch the surface. This is ridiculous. And since this thread goes back YEARS I'm lead to believe this is not a problem that is going to be fixed. What a joke!!!

Best Answer

I agree! I have multiple fitbits and it’s ridiculous that they haven’t addressed this issue. I doubt they’ll ever fix it. 

Best Answer
I have been delaying the purchase of a new Fitbit tracker because of the cumbersome steps required to move between my current trackers and what would be my new tracker. Currently, I am using a charge to which I wear at night. The charge to has a cracked screen and a And a wristband and allows me to use it while sleeping. During the day I use a charge for with a broken strap connection point on the tracker. I place it inside my sock and I’ve had very good results doing that. I have considered other trackers, but Stay with Fitbit because of the length of its battery life.

In the past I made a product improvement recommendation regarding the ability to migrate between devices. I had recommended that a fifth tab be placed at the bottom of the home screen, where a user could have all of his devices or her devices listed and be able to tap on whichever device they were Using. It did receive some votes and I it appears that nothing is being done to make the migration between Fitbit and Google trackers convenient and easy.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer