Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app keeps crashing on iOS devices

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

App not working on iPhone. Have tried switching phone on & off, deleting & reinstalling app, re -pairing Bluetooth connection. Any suggestions as to what I can now do?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
123 REPLIES 123

Thanks,  it this fix does not work.  Any other suggestions?

Best Answer

Did you tap “safari” from your home page “settings”icon and then tap on “clear history and website data”?  Try that and delete app by deleting icon from homepage. This should not delete your data because you will still have an account.  You’ll just sign back in once you download from App Store. 

I’m running the iPhone 12 with the same iOS and no issues. Must be on the phone end.

Sense Activation 11/3/20\IPhone 12 Pro Max\SimpleClockPro Watch Face\Spigen Rugged Armor Pro Case/Band
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have an iPhone 11, current OS. This issue started today. I have an up to date app. I’ve tried force quitting, uninstalling and reinstalling, uninstalling shutting down and reinstalling and nothing has worked. I can open the app but when I try to scroll past the stress management tile, it crashes, every time.

Best Answer

I’m having the same issue. Worked fine yesterday, iPhone XR updated overnight to 15.4.1. Today my app isn’t working, yes it is version 3.58. Called Fitbit, on hold for about 10min and they say they are unaware of the new iOS issue not working with the app. So I tried to use the app on my iPad, not updated to 15.4.1 and it works there. Fitbit- please fix this!! 

----------

Update: my Fitbit does not sync with my iPad. It won’t shown up on Bluetooth either. The app just opens and doesn’t sync. Still not working on my phone. 

Best Answer

I’ve cleared history and web data on Safari on my iPhone.

I found the app in my App Library and have deleted the app and reopened it.

I am now able to open the app, can look at today’s data and sync with my Fitbit Sense, however when I scroll to the previous day, the app disappears - I guess this is also defined as crashes.  
Am hoping Fitbit is having issues on their end and this will clear up. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried all this and nothing is working. I also contacted customer service and they said they were not aware of the issue. Is there anything yet in the works to allow Fitbit to still work with iOS?

Best Answer

Hi everyone, and welcome to our new members.

Thanks for getting back with the requested information and your efforts while contacting our Support team. Let me share this has been escalated to our team so they can investigate what may be occurring. I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused and rest assured your feedback has been passed to our team.

I appreciate your patience and I'll update this tread as soon as I have more details to share.

If you're having a different issue or question, please visit the Help Forums to find a similar topic or create a new thread in order to receive help from the Community.

Best Answer

My iOS app has not worked for 8 to 10 hours in fact the app say it is on my phone in the App Store but it isn’t I have deleted it and don’t know what is happening. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Me neither 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, @SunsetRunner.

Thanks for sharing these details, I'm sorry this is happening to you. Let me share the issue with the Fitbit app crashing has been reported to our team and they're currently working to get it fixed.

Because you're also having issues in finding the Fitbit app, may I know how it was deleted? I'm asking this as you may have removed it from the Home Screen instead of deleting it completely from your iPhone. If this is correct, check in the App Library which is the last screen on your iPhone when you swipe left. Then, find the Fitbit app icon, drag it to your favorite home screen and try opening it. In case this app is still missing, please get in touch with Apple Support to receive help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Please help! Having same issue. App suddenly crashing upon opening every time.

Switched phone off and on, reinstalled app. No joy! Help! 

Best Answer

I had the same issue a few days ago then the app suddenly started working again. However today the same fault has returned. I have deleted the app & re-installed but no joy. App crashes every time I 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you resolve this as same thing is happening with mine 😔

Best Answer
0 Votes

I started having this issue today (5/10/2022).  Is there a solution?  I am not seeing one on this thread.

Best Answer

You are not alone. I am having the same issue and it is unresolved still after searching the threads, live chat, and calling customer service. I’ve tried disconnecting Wi-Fi/Bluetooth, deleting app, restarting phone, reinstalling, etc. I even tried to connect on my computer which I was able to do. But then trying to reconnect on my phone only worked for about an hour. Not sure what other sequence of events to try to get it working again. 

Best Answer

Hi everyone.

We really appreciate your patience while we work on finding a resolution for this. Thank you for sharing your comments and feedback, we want to let you know that this issue has been escalated and we'll be updating this thread as soon as we have more details on this.

Thanks again for your patience. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

Appreciate the response. Thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank-you!  The app started working for me late yesterday.  Still some quirks.  Crashes when I try to see stats on previous days.  Happy to be able to sync again, work/check-off action plan, and communicate with coach.

Best Answer

Exact same issue for me starting today!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue. iPhone XR 15.4.1, started today that I noticed, Fitbit version 3.59, uninstalled, reinstalled, restarted phone, forced close, nothing works, the app opens and immediately crashes. 5/14/2022

Best Answer
0 Votes