Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app keeps crashing on iOS devices

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

App not working on iPhone. Have tried switching phone on & off, deleting & reinstalling app, re -pairing Bluetooth connection. Any suggestions as to what I can now do?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi everyone, and welcome to our new members.

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback and reports about this situation. I'm going to close this thread from further comments to prevent any confusion. If you haven't done so, please update the Fitbit app to the latest version so your Fitbit device can sync and work correctly.

If you have any other question, feel free to start a new thread in the Help Forums so you can receive help from the Community.

Keep up the super stepping!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
123 REPLIES 123

iOS Fitbit app crashes when selected since last update 

Best Answer

Hello @Markp69 

I’m assuming that you can’t log out of the Fitbit App and log back in because your Fitbit App is crashing each time you try to open it. I would try turning your phone off completely and wait 1-2 mins then turn your phone back on. Wait till everything reloads on your phone then try getting the Fitbit App to see if that resolved the issue. My thoughts are maybe refreshing your phone might help. If not I’d try deleting the Fitbit App and reinstalling it. You won’t lose any data doing so. 

Let me know 😃 Happy Stepping!

Best Answer
Hi
Thanks but did not work deleted and reinstalled app still crashes must be an issue with the latest update
Mark
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Hello again @Markp69 

I’m sorry that didn’t work. Is your particular phone on the list of compatible devices you can use with the Fitbit App? Maybe something changed after the update. You can check here: https://www.fitbit.com/global/us/technology/compatible-devices

I just updated my Fitbit App this morning to 3.57.1 and so far everything is working. Is that the same update you did as well? If it is the same update and your device is compatible I’d contact Fitbit Customer Service at 877-623-4997 and hopefully they can get you back up and running.

Let me know 😃

Best Answer
Hi

I have been running my Fitbit app for years so my iPhone is compatible I find contacting Fitbit almost impossible to report app problems
Very frustrating
Thanks anyway

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

With a bit of trial and error I managed to solve the problem. Essentially my solution was to install the Fitbit app on a tablet and pair my device with that. This seemed to clear whatever lockdown had occurred on my iPhone and when I reinstalled the app on my iPhone, it stopped crashing and I was able to re-pair my Inspire HR and I was back in business 👍

Best Answer

Hi.

I’m trying to open the Fitbit app on my iPhone, but it opens and closes immediately. I’ve restarted my phone, deleted and reinstalled the app, but the problem remains. 
Any ideas?

Best Answer

After completing an interval workout, the app crashes and force closes when I try to review the data. Uninstalling and reinstalling the app hasn’t helped. The only way to view the data is through the dashboard on Fitbit.com. 

Best Answer

This is for the web dashboard. I suggest posting here (I can't move your post).

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/iOS-App/bd-p/ios

CharlesKn | Mid-Atlantic, USA
60+, strength and cardio
Charge 5, Android, Windows

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can move and did it 😉

@BasstScho If you go to the App store, you can see the App version. Which version of the Fitbit app it is ? 

Best Answer

I'm using iPhone X Max, latest IOS

App wont open. When icon is touched, screen goes white with fitbit in green at the top, then app crashes / closes.

Have removed app and re-installed - same result.

Have switched off Inspire HR

Have closed and restarted iPhone

Suggestions?

Best Answer
  • App screen does not count steps or show current heart rate.  It will sync properly.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled it twice, rebooted the phone, rebooted the tracker twice, paired and unpaired Bluetooth twice and logged in and out multiple times.  Logging in and out will temporarily fix the problem but it always returns.
Best Answer

The app updated two days ago and was working fine but is not opening anymore for me today. 

Best Answer

Hello @SelenaMarie 

I would try force shutting the Fitbit App if your able to by swiping the app up. Then turn off your phone and wait 1-2 mins then restart your phone and open the Fitbit App to see if that resolved the issue.

Please let me know if this helped. 😃 Happy Stepping!

Best Answer

Everything was working great with the Fitbit App on my iPhone XR Version 15.4.1.

Then suddenly, this morning it wouldn't open. It would start to open - then disappear. 

I removed the app - did not delete it for fear of losing all my data - and now when I try to download it from the App store on iCloud - it starts to open then disappears.  

I have turned my phone on and off a few times. This did not work. 

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thank you, 

Stephanie, 

Best Answer

Hi there, and welcome to our new members. @SebWotan and @SunsetRunner Thanks for your great help!

I've moved some of your posts to this thread so we can keep our forums organized. While I'm glad some of you were able to sort this out, I'm sorry for this inconvenience and appreciate your efforts while troubleshooting the Fitbit app. If by any chance the issue still persists, please provide me with the following information so I can investigate on my end:

1. What is the model and OS version of your phone?
  2. Since when this issue started?
  3. Our team recently released the iOS Fitbit app version 3.58, did you make sure to install it?
  4. Could you confirm if you've tried force quitting the Fitbit app and rebooting your phone?
Best Answer

I’m having the same issue and the shutdown and restart didn’t help.  I logged into the app on an iPad and although I can log in without a problem., once I’m signed I’m it crashes.   My wife isn’t having trouble with her app.   Very strange.  

Best Answer

I just started having this issue today.   iPhone 13.   iOS 15.4.1 ( up to date).   I deleted the app and reinstalled it…would assume it picked up the newest version at that point.    Tried the reboot and restart - same issue.

My wife has the same phone (current iOS) and her fit bit app working just fine.   We tried signing into an iPad with my Fitbit info and it too crashes after taking the credentials.   On hold for FitBit help now ( 25 minutes and counting)

Best Answer

Hello @CrisMa26.2 

Just a thought…you say that you and your wife have the same phone but your having trouble but your wife isn’t. I’m hoping that Fitbit Customer Service was able to sort it out for you. But, just a thought….is your Fitbit showing up in your wife’s Bluetooth list…or she’s is showing up on yours? I ask because I’m wondering if it is that it can cause conflicts. Just a guess here. 
😃

Best Answer
0 Votes