Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app keeps ‘looking’ for Ionic and drains iPhone 12 Pro battery

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

please excuse if this is posted in the wrong section..... I have a charge 2 that I wear every day and an ionic that I occasionally wear at weekends (I switch the ionic off when not in use). I had an iPhone XR with the Fitbit app and both trackers worked flawlessly. I have also always left myself ‘logged into’ the app 24 hours and the phone Bluetooth has always been left ‘on’.

I have recently changed to an iPhone 12 Pro, transferred all my data across and both trackers connect and work ok. What I have noticed is that the iPhone 12 Pro battery is being drained overnight as the Fitbit app is constantly hunting/looking for the ionic which as far as I’m aware never happened before.

At present I have logged out of the app, told the phone to ‘forget’ both trackers and will leave Bluetooth switched on to see how the battery performs but I’d like to know if anyone else using two trackers has noticed this happening as well. 

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @SunsetRunner.

Thank you for sharing the details of the issue you’re experiencing. I appreciate your efforts to resolve this and would like to advise that iPhone 12 Pro is not a supported device for the Fitbit app at this moment. It doesn't mean that it won't work with the app entirely, however, some of the functions might be affected. Our engineering team works really hard to keep up with every new phone and mobile device releases, so our customers can enjoy their devices to the fullest. I recommend keeping an eye on this page, as it will be listed there when your device is fully supported: Which phones and tablets can I use with my Fitbit watch or tracker?

I'll be around if you have any questions. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @SunsetRunner.

Thank you for sharing the details of the issue you’re experiencing. I appreciate your efforts to resolve this and would like to advise that iPhone 12 Pro is not a supported device for the Fitbit app at this moment. It doesn't mean that it won't work with the app entirely, however, some of the functions might be affected. Our engineering team works really hard to keep up with every new phone and mobile device releases, so our customers can enjoy their devices to the fullest. I recommend keeping an eye on this page, as it will be listed there when your device is fully supported: Which phones and tablets can I use with my Fitbit watch or tracker?

I'll be around if you have any questions. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer