Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app keeps prompting to enable GPS

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I get a message every time I open app to tell me I can open Bluetooth for gps. I know I can, so do not want the message. Plus, if it’s on it literally sucks battery life far too quickly. 

Also, I unchecked every box for notifications, but still get red dot & flashes for “Fitbit notification.” I don’t want notifications. What do I need to do? Thanks.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @mfig, welcome on board. It's nice to see a new face around.

Thanks for sharing these details, and let me help you with this. About your first question, do you tap on any other option before getting the prompt to enable GPS? I'm asking this as this prompt usually just appears when going to the MobileRun screen in the Fitbit app. If you get that message when tapping another option, take a screenshot and attach it in your reply by following the steps from this post. I'd also recommend to try the following steps:

1. Force quit the Fitbit app and reboot your phone.
  2. Verify that the Fitbit app is updated to the 3.0 or 3.1 version.
  3. Open the Fitbit app and navigate as usual.

Regarding to your other inquiry, we've received reports of other users that keep seeing the red dot in the notifications tab, even though all the notifications have been seen. While there may not be a fix in the immediate future, our team will continue to monitor the situation, and keep our team informed of the impact to you and other users.

Keep me posted.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just started having this problem and these recommendations did not fix the problem

Best Answer
0 Votes