Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app new Dashboard - iOS

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 8/15

Hey all!

This week we released the option to opt-in to use the new dashboard to everyone. At this time, everyone should have received the option to opt-in already. If you didn't opt-in, we will transition everyone into the new dashboard in the coming weeks. 

A reminder, after you've opted into the new design you cannot revert and go back to the old one. Read more about the new interface we've designed here: What’s the new Fitbit app experience?

Make sure you're also on the latest version of the Fitbit app.

Thanks for your patience while we completely released the new interface to everyone. We hope you're enjoying the improvements that have been made and appreciate all the feedback. 

Fitbit Update: 8/6

Hey everyone! 

Thanks for all your feedback on the new dashboard design. We're still in the process of releasing it to all of our users. If you don't see it yet, you will have it pushed to you in the coming weeks! This has been a slow process for the past few months to ensure a smooth rollout. 

We're currently on app version 3.3, so please make sure as always that you have the latest version of the Fitbit app

Once we've released this new dashboard to everyone, we will announce it in this thread. 

Fitbit Update: 6/17

Hi Fitbit Family,

We are still rolling out our updated Fitbit app design to more users currently with v.2.95. Please make sure to update the Fitbit app by visiting the App store if you haven't already. If you don't see the new dashboard just yet, you will be receiving it at some point in the coming weeks. 

Thanks so much for your patience throughout this rollout. To read more about this new dashboard experience, please check this article out: What’s the new Fitbit app experience?

Once this rollout is complete, we will let you all know in this thread. 

Fitbit Update: 5/22

Hi everyone!

We’ve rolled out another phase of testing for the new app dashboard experience. If you’re one of the lucky people to see it before the full release, you can read more about it here: What’s the new Fitbit app experience?

We’ll continue to slowly release this to all Fitbit customers on iOS and Android. Once we receive more information on this, we’ll let you know.

Hope you’re all enjoying this new layout!

Fitbit Update: 4/24 

Hi everyone!

Beginning today with app v2.92, we're excited to announce a new dashboard experience for the Fitbit app, currently by invitation only. If you are invited to opt-in, you can see the new design and try our new app experience to access all your stats and information in a way that’s more dynamic, integrated, and highly personalized. 

You can read more about it in this help article: What's the new Fitbit app experience? 

As with all our new dashboard updates, this is a progressive rollout. If you don't have an invitation or see the dashboard immediately, you will receive it later on. 

We will update this thread with more information later, so stay tuned! 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
799 REPLIES 799

I appreciated the opportunity to try the new layout and design, but really do not like it. Icons look strange and do not intuitively show progress like the current ones do, less fits on one screen, and it is too many clicks to set an alarm. I was happy that it reverted back to the classic design just now. Please keep the classic design.

Best Answer

I had the updated app version, absolutely detested it, just logged on & it’s reverted to the previous setting.

Please tell me the new version has been abandoned!

Best Answer
I got the new one, didn’t work well. Refreshed and reloaded, but can’t access my challenges, still pretty quirky!

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

Hi Kate! I was one of the persons who had access to the new dashboard. I tested it for a day and today suddenly returned to the original. Im happy that you are looking to improve and I encourage you to do it. Keep it up. I understand that I need time to adjust to the new dashboard, but the only request/suggestion I have for you is to use brighter colors. One of the reasons I loved the old dashboard was the colors on it and the clarity in the information. For example, when you hit all your daily goals (steps, floors, miles, cals and minutes), the screen "cheer you up" with amazing and live greens, and in the new app, it just was "meeeh". On the steps per hour, the pink and grey looked awesome and very clear in the old dashboard. In the new one, the burned red and grey you use looks flat. Please dont forget that this is a fitness app, and it should be bold and alive imho. The new blue/green that you are using for the main displays (steps, floors, miles, etc...) even when is your brand's color, its plain, without life.

Im not judging you, just trying to add my two cents to your new app. Thanks!

Marco

Best Answer
Always good to have positive and constructive advice!

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

I just checked the app and found that I too have reverted back to the previous display format.

So thank you Fitbit for listening to your users and taking a positive step to address the concerns and feedback you have received.

I do hope that this experience doesn’t stifle further changes to the app though . Clearly the look and feel of the app is a highly emotive issue and the restored display layout is a very strong and positive selling point amongst your users for your product, but that doesn’t mean it can’t and shouldn’t be improved.

Reading the posts here I think there are some good ideas for to what to improve and how. My takeaway is better graphics with more colours and use the screen real estate effectively. Please carefully consider how best to incorporate them, if appropriate, to improve the app.

I think that you also need to find a better way to get users more involved in reviewing proposed changes at an earlier stage. I’m not at all sure how to do that but perhaps a user experience program with invited users whom you can test concepts with first might be worth exploring? Or something like other companies do with a coming soon option with feedback for users to see and try new concepts before they become the default?

Best Answer

Hi the battery power % available has been removed.  I have a charge 2 HR and now have no idea how much battery life I have left. 

Could  we have it back please. 

Thank you in anticipation 

Best Answer

I awoke a couple of days ago to a new the dashboard, which at first I thought was ‘meh’. Then this morning, just as I was getting used to and liking the new version, the dashboard reverted back to the previous one. What gives?!

Best Answer
0 Votes

yay mine is back to normal today with my circles.  Happy to have it but it still is a little different then my old one, has an ad at the top and message thing under the first square before i can see my exercise and sleep info.  Don't really like that but it's better than the other one.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I literally just opened the app to see what you were referencing and it’s “back” to the new version (which I personally like). Lmbo.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I can no longer see what % of battery life I have left, I have a battery icon thingy that looks partially charged but no %. Not really that helpful.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I noticed that as well but (at least for my Ionic) when you drag the dashboard down - like you’re going to refresh a webpage) you can see the battery life.

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

I was thrilled yesterday (5/28) to see that my old dashboard was back, but woke up today and it had returned to the new dashboard. I was definitely disappointed when I saw that 

Best Answer
What happened to the old adage ‘if it ain’t broke don’t try to fix it’

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I have just purchased a Versa lite had a Alta for a couple of years.  I am so disappointed to find you have put a different Fitbit app dashboard on.  I DO not like it it is NO improvement at all so so disappointed please could I have my old one back.

I do not call this an improvement at all, the other one was so interesting it what it showed and the colours.

Best Answer

Funny enough, last night they gave me the old dashboard back.  I was THRILLED.  This morning I woke up and it reverted to the new one.  LAME.

Best Answer

If I look back a few years, I find posts that the dashboard everyone loves is actually the worst dashboard and the posts claim that every hates it.. I would think people would be happy to get rid of that ugly horrible dsshboard. 

What I'm saying is that change is inevitable and when the bugs are worked out I think the consensus will change . 

I've seen 4 major changes to the app dashboard and every one received many complaints. 

After learning the way to ma share. I see that only the setup of the dashboard has changed, with most of these changes in direct response to what users requested and where adamant on having added. 

Best Answer

I was excited for less than a day to have my old version of the dashboard back.

Smiley Frustrated

@KateFitbit could you please re-trigger my account to default back to the old dashboard.  Again, I’d be thrilled to help beta test the platform in a separate installation, but this new UI / UX just isn’t acceptable to have forced on me as my primary installation.

Best Answer

@Rich_Laue 

If they’ve blown the roll-outs for UI experience like this 4 times, then they deserve the critical feedback on both process and design.  That’s 3 opportunities not including this one to improve the process.  The feedback is clear, and telling the community to simmer down about it is a missed opportunity to get but in ahead of time by involving folks to help design a UI/UX they can be excited about.

Thank you for your thoughts, but I’ll continue to advocate for better process, inclusion and outcome.

Best Answer

I'm not sure what is meant by blown, this is the first rollout of a new dashboard where some users have found problems in the logic. 

With the other roll outs, it was simply because humans do not like chamges. 

As for this current change, it seems to be in response to users requests. There are even posts saying Fitbit does not listen, now that there is proof that Fitbit listens.. 

Best Answer
0 Votes