Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app not available in Namibia.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi all, I am new to this forum have just purchased a Charge HR, I am able to get the software setup on my laptop, the problem is that when I try to download the app from the app store (iphone 5s) it tells me to switch stores as the app is not available on the Namibian App store, which I then do, I relocate the app and select the get icon, where after there is a message that says I have to switch back to the Namibian app store to affect the purchase, after that I have to try and relocate the software, which is impossible because the app is not available there, there are other types of fitbit apps but not the one I need to connect to my phone, I need this function to be able to see who is calling and will then know whether to stop cycling and answer my cell or if I can ignore the call..... I would appreciate any help that can be given as I am now at wits end......

Regards 

Charles

From Namibia

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hello @CharlesNamibia, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

Currently the Fitbit iPhone app is only available in countries where Fitbit products are sold in stores. Many of our members have been able to download the Fitbit app for iOS by creating an Apple ID associated with a country where the Fitbit app is available. For instructions, check Apple's site about how to create a new Apple ID

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and let me know the outcome! Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi Marco!

Thank you, it is funny though, the fitbit range is sold in Namibia.? I bought my charge hr localy at one of our retail shops, this was not an online purchase. But after a lot of rigmaroll, I was able to create another account on i tunes and was able to download the app.

I think that fitbit should possibly re-think where their items are sold as it obviously makes their footprint allot bigger than they thought, also making their app more freely availible would help consumers, I spoke to some people afterward that also have the fitbit devices and this was mainly the biggest gripe. The availibility of the software, I do not think it right that a consumer should have to battel to get hold of the software, I would think that it would be more prudent for fitbit to create a link for new consumers to sign in and give their location then once proccesed, they could then be sent a link that would enable them to download the software allot easier. Something allong those lines maybe?

Regards
Charles
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @CharlesNamibia, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply, I'm very glad you were able to create a new iTunes account and download the Fitbit app. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your feedback and make sure to forward it to our team so they can take action. In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I recently bought my fitbit ionic and m failing to download the fitbit app on my Iphone 8. What should i do. It keeps saying not available in Namibia.. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @PricillaM, thanks for joining the conversation, it's a pleasure for me to welcome you to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. As mentioned above, many of our members have been able to download the Fitbit app for iOS by creating an Apple ID associated with a country where the Fitbit app is available. For instructions, check Apple's site about how to create a new Apple ID

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and let me know the outcome. 

Best Answer
0 Votes