Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS Fitbit app not tracking food and calories intake

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Starting today, app will allow me to track my food but it’s not showing calories total on app face page or within the versa 3 TODAY totals

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi everyone.

I'm happy to share with you that this issue has been fixed with the 3.63 version. If you haven't done so, I'd recommend updating the Fitbit app on your iOS devices. Please make sure your phone meets the compatibility requirements in order to receive updates.

I'm going to close this thread. However, if by any chance you experience issues after this update, start a new thread in the Help Forums in order to receive help from the Community.

I truly appreciate your patience and feedback throughout this process. We'll keep working to make Fitbit more useful for you.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
80 REPLIES 80

Hi - was there any fix to the calories not updating - mine isnt either now -it can take hours to update!

Best Answer

Hi, This was copied and pasted from someone a few years back but jow its affecting me on ios - i’ve raised the issue with fitbit and restarted etc etc but no luck - apparently theyve passed my details to  support but cannot give me a case number or contact - its driving me mad and will ultimately lead me to not using their products any longer. Its only happened about a month and im on latest ios etc - i cant find any solution, can anyone help? Thanks in advance…

When I input calories in the Fitbit Apple app, in the "Cals in vs. Out" page, the total under "Today" does not immediately update to match the sum of all the calories I've entered.  It takes some time to finally register new calories added, based on some random circumstances that I can not understand or anticipate.

Even after the total calories updates on the "Cals in vs. Out" page, when i go back to the Apps home screen, the section that says "XXXX calories in", will still not have updated. Sometimes it never updates until I close the app completely and restart it.

How can a program have so many references to what should be a single variable so that they don't all update as soon as a new number is entered? It's simple math, it is hard to imagine a simpler task for a computer program to do.

Best Answer

Which app (Win, android. Ios) @Seattlekitten1 and I'll be glad to move your post out of tracker hardware support and into the app support. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello -

App is on Iphone 12.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This issue also affecting iPhone App. Calorie tracking on dash board will not update after entering manual calorie input. However have found that if I make an entry (e.g. 10 calorie) immediately after making a real entry, and then delete the additional entry, dash board will update. Very frustrating. Have to input 2 entries and then delete one to input any calorie consumption. Been happening for about a week. Updating or deleting and reinstalling the app has not cleared the issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

For the past week when logging my food it's slow to or doesn't register calories in. I have restarted all devices and logged in and out.

I'm using and iphone 13 and a versa 3.

Just wondering is there anything I'm missing that could fix this?

Best Answer

Hi - No, sorry haven’t received any information or feedback from fitbit support and doubt any information was passed on to them to be honest as cant get a ticket or contact number. It’s really frustrating eh? Hopefully an app update my resolve soon.

cheers,

Best Answer

I've tried this process twice, once last night and again this morning and my food entries are not logging. I even deleted the app and re-installed with no luck. 

Best Answer

Hello, Since a few days there is no total shown in the "apple"  in the "Today" information....? 

When I introduce all separate items, I can see the detailed information for breakfast, lunch, dinner etc.... but it does not count up in the first page, where apple is shown, there it stays "zero"....? 

what could be problem ?

Sofar it has always been okay, until now....

Thanks for checking and reverting.

krgds/nice evening

Chris Van Tendeloo 

Best Answer

I can’t add my water or food   Frustrating 🤬

Best Answer

Three days later and I'm still unable to add new foods to my list. Nothing that I've added since Tuesday has updated despite following the instructions provided. What's going on? Any other suggestions?

Best Answer

I'm having a similiar problem except its also not displaying on the fitbit.com dashboard.

Best Answer

I've been having this same issue also since Tuesday.  It's also changing the calorie content of the custom foods I'm trying to log.  I don't know what the deal is but I've logged out, forced stop, turned off bluetooth, and logged back in 3 times now.  All it does is erase everything I've logged since Tuesday night so I've had to re-do all of that 3 times now. 

Best Answer

Hi everyone, and welcome to our new members.

I've moved some of your posts to this thread so we can keep the forums organized. Thanks for bringing this to our attention and your efforts while working on this matter prior to posting. I'm sorry you're having this issue with the Food tile and in order to investigate, please provide me with the following:

1. What is the model and OS version of your phone?
  2. On the Fitbit app, tap your profile icon > Help & Support and provide me with the version.
  3. If possible, take a screenshot of the screen showing the issue and attach it to your reply.
Best Answer

I am having the same issue since Tuesday! 

I am trying to make a concious effort about not over eating and this just makes it impossible.

Best Answer

Hi everyone!

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback abut this situation. Let me share this has been escalated to our team and the next Fitbit app version will bring a fix for this issue. Please wait until an update is available and make sure to install it on your iOS devices.

Your patience is appreciated and rest assured it hasn't gone unnoticed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The same here.....  Noticed that this problem is being mentioned several times the last few days. It's upto Fitbit to resolve, hopefully they can fix the problem.

Since like this it's really useless.... and creating anger 😠 😡

no, indeed, you are right, not being mentioned on dashboard either.... but dashboard is also reflection of what's being registered in the "Todays" Tile

Any idea when new update will be available please ?

Moderator Edit: Merged replies
Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the same problem with my Google Pixel, so not just an iOS app problem. 

Best Answer

I'm having this issue too and have tried all the fix recommendations on this thread with no result. Other tiles update fine, just the calorie one is not. If you click and go in to the calories portion it's logged in there correctly, but it doesn't show on the main screen. Frustrating. Hopefully adding my reply to this will help bump it to their attention again to fix! 

Best Answer