Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS Fitbit app not tracking food and calories intake

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Starting today, app will allow me to track my food but it’s not showing calories total on app face page or within the versa 3 TODAY totals

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
80 REPLIES 80

My Charge5 suddenly doesn't allow me to register food for future days... it always did, but from yesterday it seems I can Just insert food for today an not Plan anymore my week. 

Best Answer
Yes indeed, you are so right..... if we receive email from them.... we can never reply......
or contact them through email to start an issue/or question. They have "covered" themselves... Only Twitter (not familiar to me,) or chat (that's a real disaster...)
The only correspondence I see is in Fitbit Community, amongst all other "frustrated" members.... I get a lot of reactions from other unhappy fitbit users in my mailbox, but NO decent reply from Fitbit developers......
And indeed some messages are being deleted from Community.....
I even wonder why I'm taking now again all the time to explain to you, you know exactly what I mean, I don't have to convince you, because you know ! Maybe it's just to try to get rid of my frustration.....🤔😉
I have given up hope and will make my conclusion.... I wonder if even this message will reach you....

Outlook voor Android<> downloaden
Best Answer

I am having this exact same issue.  

Best Answer

Hi everyone.

Thanks for keeping me posted, and for your efforts while working on this matter. I understand how frustrating this has been for you, and apologize for this experience. Our team is working to get this fixed in the next Fitbit app update, and as soon as it's released, we'll update this thread.

We want our Fitbit Community to be a place where users can come to share their feedback and stories in a conducive manner, so please keep in mind the Community Guidelines when posting. Your feedback is appreciated and rest assured it hasn't gone unnoticed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My previous post now edited to remove a comment that is not allowed here.

"I had to share this as it's too funny. Just received an email from Fitbit asking me to complete a survey because 'At Fitbit, we’re always looking to hear from our customers and better understand your experience.' and 'You’ve received this survey because you’re a valued Fitbit customer.' I clicked the link to tell FitBit just what I think and... 

Bad Request - Invalid URL
HTTP Error 400. The request URL is invalid.

So typical! 😂

(Also, this is the only place to even attempt to contact FitBit, it's a no-reply email address so I can't even tell them it doesn't work, except here)"

Best Answer

Any idea when this will be fixed? This seems like a worldwide issue affecting 1000s of users

Best Answer

What is going on with Fitbit software. Since the last update to the app logging food doesn't work as it should. The website shows nothing for my logged food even as it shows it synced a few minutes ago.  On the app I can still log food and it totals calories on the food screen yet it does not show the calories on the main screen. I have also added food to my favorites on the web page but they have not gone to my phone. This has been going on for some time now. Is this going to be fixed or are they putting all of their effort into the new pixel watch and it's software?

Best Answer

Hi everyone.

I'm happy to let you know that the Fitbit app version 3.60 has been fully released and this issue should be resolved. If you haven't done so, please go to the App Store and make sure to update the Fitbit app.

I truly appreciate your patience and don't hesitate to let me know if the issue still persists, that way I can provide this feedback to our team.

Best Answer

Delete the app and reinstall it

Best Answer

She stated it should be an update and the store doesn't show that there is a new version so there seems to be a disconnect

In addition, deleting and reinstalling can cause issues with the data on the watch being deleted from your account.  They always say deleting and reinstalling should be a last resort.

Finally, an app update should not require one to delete and reinstall.

Best Answer

I just bought the fitbit sense, I was having issues with my versa 2 not syncing to my phone and having to use the desktop app only. anyways everything so far is working great except in the dash board where it says "Start logging your food" with the + sign, and remaining calories. when I click the plus, add my food, that never updates, even though I've added all my meals and snacks for the day it still says "start logging your food" 

I've tried this on the app on my phone, and the desktop app and it doesn't display. when I click it it takes me to my food log, and the food I logged is there and all the information is displaying correctly, I just cant figure out how to make it display in my dash board.   any ideas?

I've restarted my phone, force stopped the app, uninstalled and reinstalled.  so far nothing has helped. 

Best Answer

hi team, 

The calorie sum is missing exactly 100 calories. I used a calculator many times to double check this and it shows that the sum is lacking 100 calories. It has only happened to me on two days of tracking, today being my second time. The rest of the days have been fine. 

This bug is really hard to repro, I'm not sure what I did to get myself in this situation twice. But when I go to add another item, for a brief moment is shows the right sum, then it goes back to showing the incorrect one. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,  only updating did not work for me. 

So deleted app completely and reinstalled it. It seems that now the entered  food is being registered again, and also adding up in the general page (apple) again. And I can also check dashboard again. .Will check throughout the day, the next days, and hope this is definitely solved now.  Thanks ! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue with my Versa 2 and app. For me it seemed to start after I entered 1 custom meal, then let me add my food to the log, but it never updated the tracker on my homepage in the app or on my versa 2.

FIX THAT WORKED FOR ME:  once I logged out of the app, force quit the app, turned off my phone and re-logged in, it started to work again! All the food from my custom entry till I logged out was gone, but at least it works now. Might be worth a try?

Moral of the story for me - don't use the custom add feature, just find something close enough and call it done.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone,

Thanks for keeping me posted, and your efforts while working on this. Before anything else, let me clarify this thread is dedicated to the Food log not working on iOS devices. If you have an Android device, my best advice is to share your feedback in this other thread so we can keep the forums organized.

That being said, may I know if the issue is still happening on your iOS devices? Have you tried rebooting your phone after updating the Fitbit app? Please reply with these details so we can continue investigating.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This just happened to me too. Saw the advice was to uninstall and reinstall, and now my last week of tracking is gone. Ugh.

Best Answer

That is why I say I just want an update because uninstall and reinstall can cause you to lose tons of data

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm sorry to say that it seems the app is far from fixed. I was hopeful as logging new foods at first was very fast. After a few days use it now usually finds them quite quickly but can still take longer at times. I've seen an increase in the amount of duplicated items again. This was now and then for the last who knows how long, but I had 3 duplicated items today in 3 separate meals so I then checked the last week and found 3 of the 5 days had 1 or more duplicated items. Also the totals on the Today screen and the food log itself still do not match - My today screen right now shows 1906 calories in, 301 calories left (2135 cals burned according to this display) in the food log it's 2142 Cal in and the same 2135 cals out (this is after I deleted the 3 duplicated items that shocked me at first into thinking I had hugely overeaten!).

**UPDATE**

It's the following morning and I've opened the app (it's always running in the background)  I click through to the food log to add my breakfast. Now I see that yesterday's total calories in has changed overnight to the 1906 cals that was showing on the today screen last night. The items listed are correct, the subtotal for each meal is correct but they total 2142 calories as it was showing last night. The macros are actually the correct full totals. The difference is the amount of one item I had for lunch. I opened the desktop site and there the total for the day is 1906, the macros do not match those in the app for the day and there is one item for lunch that shows in the app but not on the desktop site. It is one of the items that was duplicated yesterday. Somehow the item has been deleted on the desktop site when I removed the duplicate but the other 'version' of that item remains in the app in part but not totally. This is hard to explain as it really makes no sense! Interestingly swipe left to delete does not work on that item in the app (I've had this before with rogue items) so I clicked on the full item details to then delete it from the Edit Log '...' menu. I re-added the item and the total is now correct on the app and on the desktop site. I really don't have time for this! Now (for now) my daily and weekly data is correct but it seems I need to watch like a hawk to see what might appear or disappear randomly.

I have Sense watch, Aria scales, app version 3.60 (36141005) running on iPhone 11 Pro.

Needless to say the unreliability is rendering the app fairly useless for any serious user. I suspect many of us, like me, will spend some of our precious time carefully logging our food intake fully expecting (or at least hoping) the app will give us a useful insight into our eating habits which, paired with the other data on activity, sleep etc should build up a good picture of the impact of our lifestyle choices on our health. That, I believe, is what Fitbit means to sell us. The potential is for a very powerful tool delivering accurate and meaningful data. The reality is a clunky and unreliable app that leads to frustration and mistrust which, as I already wrote makes it practically useless. Fitbit devices, in my opinion are good. My phone (iPhone 11 Pro) is certainly a powerful device so why is it that the app that should tie it all together and deliver the real value is so bad? I keep hanging on (by a thread) as I feel the potential is so great and Fitbit ought to be leading here (I've yet to find a replacement that I am comfortable with - but believe me I am always looking!) sadly Fitbit it still failing me.

Best Answer

You are so right about everything. I am experiencing  the same issues, creating a lot of frustration, losing a lot of time following up all replies, trying out the suggestions made in the fitbit community.

Yesterday the whole day through I tried to enter calories by logging food for all different meals in detail... however the TOTAL calories shown in first page are only 514 calories??? It's obvious that all problems with food logging have not been solved.... despite all efforts of deleting, reinstalling app, and following up all suggestions and replies in Fitbit Community... It worked for just 1 day (on 15/6) after reinstalling app.....

16/6 nothing was possible, tried several times throughout the day, I didn't get any uplisted food in data bases (none in regular, none in recent, none in my personally created data).... and when after many attempts, I got the several items, I couldn't pick any because the app kept endlessly hanging, turning.....

And now again I find myself spending (waisting)  so much time in again another reply.

I must say, I admire your work and patience for your detailed accurate explanation in Community. And I really still hope together with you that Fitbit will get this fixed soon.  But I'm afraid.... and must say.... that if/when my smart watch will be broken, I will certainly not choose Fitbit again, neither will I recommend it to any of my family/friends/contacts....

Good luck to you in all your further efforts !

Best Answer

Today's experience :

Breakfast all logged easily (all frequent items)

Lunch, similarly all regular items I eat also logged easily

Total Calories in is now 1517 and correct on the today page and detailed food log

Then I add my dinner and evening snacks, also recent items, seems to have gone well.

A little later I notice that my today screen hasn't updated  and is still showing 1517 cals in. I sync, still not changed. So I go to the food log to see what's going on there... 

At first glance it seems all ok, as I left it. While I am looking at it the total Cals in jumps up and the macros change. I scroll down...now an item I had for lunch is listed twice! So I delete one of those (now I'm thinking is that still logged really or will it totally disappear eventually?) The total still hasn't gone back to what it should be, I'm looking for other rogue items and before my very eyes an item I added ONCE just 5 minutes ago is duplicated and now listed twice! Ok, I'll delete one of those again. Totals go back to being correct. Maybe it's all ok now (sigh of relief). But no, the app has not finished with me yet...I swipe back to the Today screen and annoyingly the Cals in there still hasn't updated. I pull down to sync again, now that I've sorted the duplicates etc this time it updates to 2353 (100 cals more than it should be, which I guess was the duplicated lunch item for 100 cals) then after 1 second it shows 2253, it's correct! Back to the food log just to check that pesky item hasn't appeared twice again. What do I see? Now my totals calories in on that screen is 2528!??!  So now I try my old trick of selecting each item, increasing the amount waiting a few seconds and then. changing back to the amount I ate (this seems to 'register' the items again or something and often sorts things out). Hooray, the total is back to the correct amount. I wonder if it will still be right later, or tomorrow, or later in the week.. I guess I'll have to keep checking.

This hasn't been happening every day for a while (just now and then), but since the last update it's back every day with a vengeance! 

Has the update made things any better? It's a no from me. Logging new foods is also still hit and miss. Sometimes you get lucky, other times, not so much.

Best Answer