Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS Fitbit app not tracking food and calories intake

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Starting today, app will allow me to track my food but it’s not showing calories total on app face page or within the versa 3 TODAY totals

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
80 REPLIES 80

Hi everyone.

Thanks for your continued reports, as well as your efforts while troubleshooting the Fitbit app. I understand where you're coming from and please know your feedback hasn't gone unnoticed. As mentioned before, this thread is dedicated to the Food log not working on iOS devices. If you have an Android device, to prevent any confusion and keep the forums organized, I'd suggest sharing your feedback in this other thread.

@GuyFit Thanks for the detailed information and I'm sorry you're having this experience. I'll provide this information to our team so they can keep working on this matter and bring a permanent fix. Once I have more details, I'll update this thread.

@ashleylouise158@brownawella and @chrisvantendelo Because your posts didn't mention, may I know if you have an iOS device? If so, what is the model and OS version? Also, did you also try rebooting your phone after updating the Fitbit app? Please reply with this information as this will help me to keep our team informed of this situation.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue.

How could a major company that wants to be taken seriously have such a breaking issue with its app - especially one that seems to have been around for multiple years!! Shocking!

Best Answer
Sorry.... I already replied several times.... might have been in other threads (but about the same issue)..... my mistake then...

Outlook voor Android<> downloaden
Best Answer

I tried these steps and it removed everything I had logged since last Thursday. I tried relogging the food I had yesterday but it only seems to recognise half of it. It's weird because if I click into the week view it adds it correctly but then if I click on the day it doesn't seem to add it all up and only recognises half of it again. Please can you help? I wanted to use the app to keep track of my calories but it seems that functionality is broken. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Another little update, pretty much the same as the last though really. As time goes on I have at least one duplicated item every day. Sometimes it happens during the day and sometimes after midnight into the next day. 

Imagine if Fitbit was a bank or some other organisation where the data was financially linked...you'd either end up with twice as much money as you should have or half as much with all the random and duplicated transactions! But it's not finance, it's food. The banks and other companies have apps that work, reliably, day in day out. Why can't Fitbit solve this?  

Best Answer

Then can we have an ETA of approximately how many weeks or months it will take to resolve.

Best Answer

Hi there, @chrisvantendelo@GuyFit and @Smstext.

Thanks for getting back with the requested information, as well as sharing your feedback about this situation. I'm sorry for this inconvenience experienced with the Food tile. I understand how important it's to track this data correctly and our team is working hard to get this resolved. While there isn't a time frame, I'll update this thread as soon as I have more details from them.

I appreciate your feedback and as mentioned before, I'll keep providing it to our team so they can be informed of the impact to all our members.

Best Answer
0 Votes
But all you done is replied with the same standard template, can you at
least get someone from Fitbit who has their fingers in the pie so to say to
come on and explain why so many issues and what they are actually going to
do?
Best Answer

Hello! I know this is several years later, but this is happening to me as well. I see you would like screenshots of what is happening. Where can I send those for you to look at?

Thanks!

Best Answer

I have deleted the app and reinstalled it. However, yesterday and today it is not logging the food or calories that I'm inputting. Very frustrating. 

Best Answer

Hello @GailDrysdale 

Unfortunately this is currently a known issue that’s being addressed by the Fitbit Team. You can read more about it here in this thread: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/iOS-App/iOS-Fitbit-app-not-tracking-food-and-calories-intake/m-p/517... I would join that thread to keep updated on any tips or solutions that might help. Hopefully an answer will be forthcoming in an update soon. 
😉 I hope this helps answer your question and points you in the right direction 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @swimmer02 

This is currently a known issue that is being addressed by the Fitbit team and hopefully a solution will be available soon. In the meantime you should join this thread that is current here : https://community.fitbit.com/t5/iOS-App/iOS-Fitbit-app-not-tracking-food-and-calories-intake/m-p/517...

😉 I hope this helps clarify the situation and points you in the right direction 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same thing is happening for me!!! It's sooooo frustrating!

Best Answer

Hi, yea all appears fully functional now, thank you very much for listening to us and getting it sorted - much appreciated! 😁

Best Answer
0 Votes

Since the last iOS Fitbit app update the calories left on the dashboard does not match the calories left on the food log. I have contacted support many times over the last 10 days and they keep telling to reset my device or delete the app then end the chat before I can respond. I can’t seem to find a way to resolve the issue.

Best Answer

I honestly give up with the Fitbit app and inputing my food. It will either duplicate a food entry, not input an entry at all, and God forbid I search for a food item to input because it will give me the endless spinning wheel of death. Sometimes it will pop up finally and I can log it after an hour of waiting, and other times it will never finish loading. I paid a subscription to Fitbit Premium hoping it would be better....nope. I'm always checking to see if Fitbit updates the app, and I'm using an Apple iPhone 8. Does anyone else have this problem, or does Fitbit just hate me personally?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone.

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about this situation. As you know, our team is working on this situation to bring a solution as soon as possible. I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused and while I don't have a specific time frame, I'll update this thread as soon as I have information from them.

Once again, I truly appreciate your feedback and rest assured it hasn't gone unnoticed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine has been a problem for over a year so they don’t plan to fix it. If you complain they say they’ll start a ticket but they will also say that you’re the only one with the problem. They clearly don’t value their customers. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My app shows as updated, but I still have this issue.  I can log all of my food, but the total calories don't add up beyond my first entry of the day.  I have a Charge 5.  I logged out and back in which resulted in all of the food that wasn't being added being lost (including custom foods I created no longer being in my account at all).  When I readded that food, the problem persisted.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone, and welcome to our new members.

Thanks for the details provided, and the steps tried on your own. As you know, our team is working hard on this situation to get this resolved as soon as possible. In the meantime, let me suggest keeping the Fitbit app up-to-date to ensure you receive the quickest resolution.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. Your feedback is appreciated and please know it hasn't gone unnoticed. Once I have more information from our team, I'll update this thread.

Best Answer
0 Votes