Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS Fitbit app not tracking food and calories intake

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Starting today, app will allow me to track my food but it’s not showing calories total on app face page or within the versa 3 TODAY totals

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
80 REPLIES 80

Thank you, this is exactly what’s happening to me, so annoying it just starts doing it out of nowhere!

Best Answer

I am having the issue also.  I have logged out, force stopped and logged back in.  Yesterday that worked now again today the same issue but now what I did yesterday isn't helping.

Best Answer

Google Pixel 6 Pro, Android 12

Fitbit app version 3.59.1 (20263715)

Best Answer

How long until they fix this!!!

Best Answer
I'm wondering too.... it takes so long, and like this the app is absolutely useless, it makes no sense. They (Fitbit) suggested to wait for the New update, but on my question when that might be.....(???) there is no reply sofar I'm afraid. You, me, and a lot of other fitbit customers are experiencing the same frustration about this... Let's keep hoping they fix it soon, or I'm afraid a lot of customers will decide to step out....

Outlook voor Android<> downloaden
Best Answer

It is frustrating.  For now I log into the dashboard from my laptop to log food in but that is not convenient as I am not always near my laptop

Best Answer
Hello
Just to be clear, I'm just a frustrated user as well, 😠 as many other Fitbit Users...
Apparently there are so many complaints lately about the app not working properly anymore....
The only reply I could read in the Fitbit Community, was that we should wait for a next app update....but when will that be....?
Sofar no reply from Fitbit developers...🙄😒
FITBIT has to fix this soon or many users will leave (like probably me)....
krgds

Outlook voor Android<> downloaden
Best Answer

This is ridiculous how long for a fix!!!

Best Answer

I'm wondering too.... it takes so long, and like this the app is absolutely useless, it makes no sense. They (Fitbit) suggested to wait for the New update, but on my question when that might be.....(???) there is no reply sofar I'm afraid. You, me, and a lot of other fitbit customers are experiencing the same frustration about this... Let's keep hoping they fix it soon, or I'm afraid a lot of customers will decide to step out....(like probably also me).... There is also ABSOLUTELY no way to get in touch with them (Fitbit), only through Twitter which I don't have, or by chatting (tried once, waiste of time and energy). A normal email communication seems normal possible. That's why I posted my initial message in the Community, but what's the use of that? I only get many replies from other frustrated users, but NO (RE)ACTION from FITBIT themselves 😡

Should be : "normal email communication is NOT possible" ....

Hello, So many angry frustrated communication I get in cc in my mailbox.... 

So please, give all users an idea about when this issue might be fixed, and new update will be....?  This issue/problem really makes the Fitbit App absolutely useless. Thanks.

Moderator Edit: Merged replies

Best Answer

My calories and macros aren't showing up. The meals can be seen but they're not being aggregated. 

Best Answer

Hi ShahrozH,

What helped me before is to completely deinstall the Fitbit app and install it again.

Fiona

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did that, but it just erased all my past week's food logs and the problem persists for new entries.

Best Answer

Hi everyone, and welcome to our new members.

Thanks for the details and steps tried on your own. I understand where you're coming from and apologize for this inconvenience. As you may know, this has been escalated to our team and they're working hard to get this resolved as soon as possible. Currently we don't have a time frame; however, let me recommend keeping the Fitbit app updated as some bug fixes are released through updates.

Your feedback and patience are truly appreciated, and rest assured they haven't gone unnoticed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Heeeyyy!

My fitbit app tracks my calories for the current day but when im comparing calorie in and out between days it stops logging it in the app?

Even when i look at the graph it will only show calories out and not in. To check calories in i have to mentally tally the totals out every time which is hard as im bad with number memory

Best Answer

So the 'Best Answer' has no votes and no 'Worked For Me' votes. The thread is shown as 'Solved' but it's not solved. All you have done is close the old threads (that go back years) and direct people to this new one that doesn't actually have an answer. It's so disappointing.

As far as what works for me - I have to quit the app, then re-open it. Then I can add new foods using the + icon on the Today page and this usually will scan barcodes or search and log foods properly. Sometimes it only works once and I have to quit and re-open the app for each new item, other times i can add several. If I open the food log page at any time then it will likely not add any new food items after that, only recent or frequent items.

Random or duplicated items still appear from time to time and often the totals do not update for a long time. The amounts shown on the today page rarely match the totals on the food log page. 

It's perhaps marginally better than it has been in the past but only if you use the workarounds. I can't wait until it is actually solved, but I have little hope. 

Best Answer

Hello @Tolaris 

There seem to be an ongoing issue that is being addressed here:https://community.fitbit.com/t5/iOS-App/Fitbit-app-not-tracking-food-and-calories-intake/m-p/5133759... I would review that thread and participate in that forum if you feel that your situation is similar. If a fix to the issue is announced you will most likely see it in that thread. 
😉 I hope pointing you in the right direction helps

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks!

Get Outlook for Android<>
Best Answer

This has been going on for over a year. For some reason, Fitbit chose to close the original thread and allow another one. For reference here's the original thread - Food Not Working

The workaround is to quit the app, turn off Bluetooth and restart the app. After that, the food logging mostly works.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Trust me I tried every conceivable fix.  None worked.

Best Answer

I'm not surprised - it seems a bit random. Works for some and not others.

Best Answer
0 Votes