Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app says "Not enough data available" when logging exercises

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

All of the sudden when I try to log past exercise (like the bootcamp class I just did two hours ago) it tells me there is not enough data available to show my heart rate zones, calories burned, or impact on the day. This just started happening this week and the only ones it is tracking correctly are the auto recognized exercises or the ones I log in real time on the watch. I can clearly see in the heart rate section of the dashboard that the heart rate was tracked all day so I’m not sure why there is a glitch. I have already restarted the watch, logged out of the app, deleted the app, reinstalled, and logged back in with no change. Anyone have a fix for this? 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
127 REPLIES 127

Hello there @Zahirakiyah, welcome to the Community Forums. I appreciate you for reporting this issue experienced with your heart rate after syncing with the Fitbit app, as well for every step tried prior posting.

Our team recently released the Fitbit app version 3.15.1 and to work on this together, I'd recommend to go to the Apple Store and make sure it's downloaded in your phones. For instructions, you can see: How do I update the Fitbit app?.

If the issue persists after the update, I'll need you to provide me with your iPhone's model and OS version.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

I have been experiencing the same problem for at least a week. Using an Alta HR that is recording and syncing steps and heart rate with no apparent issues. Steps, heart rate, calories, etc. display appropriately on the "Today" screen, but individual exercise session screens simply report "Not Enough Data Available," even for past sessions that had previously reported all data.

Fitbit app is up to date. Using an iPhone 6 with iOS 12.4.5. I have attempted resetting the device and logging out of the app, as well as deleting and reinstalling the app. No change.

Is there a fix for this?

Best Answer

This has been going on for weeks before and after the App update. No purported solution has worked. The amazing thing is that the watch and app are recording heart rate. But when you manually enter the exercise it says not enough data. This app worked for years why not jus trash the current app and give the old one? 

Best Answer

I have updated my app and the app is Up to date. I have been using an IPhone 11 pro ver 13.3.1 this has been going on for weeks. 

Best Answer

Thanks! It’s odd when I went to the App Store previously, it all looked updated but when I followed your links, there was an update available. The update seems to have fixed the problem for me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue is happening to me. I am on Fitbit version 3.15.1. My device is an Alta HR at 26.63.2. Device is an iphone 7, running IOS 13.3.1. Started happening about 2 weeks ago now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Marre, 

same thing has been happening to me this week. No problem for years. I have reset my watch, and have the latest version loaded. Would appreciate help

thanks!

Best Answer

Hi, I’m having the same issue and have now downloaded the update and still having this issue. 

Best Answer
Me too... and now mine has synced but placed it in the wrong time frame, so everything is messed up.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem but my app is up to date (ver 13.15.1). I’m using an iphone X iOS 13.3.1  Pls help. Thanks

Best Answer

Hello

Im having the same peiblem ans its frustrating to see that my run wasnt saved. 

I am using an Android.

Thank you 

Best Answer

Hi- once we install the app update, will this go back and load the missing data from previously logged exercises?

Best Answer
0 Votes

It works final on the laptop app but on apple phones it’s not working , could you fix the problems please 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Works fine on laptop but not iPhone 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit app did not recognize or log anything for my bike ride.  It says data not available.

My Fitbit is an inspire HR (had it 1 week)

I have Fitbit software version 3.17 (935).

My iPhone has iOS 13.3.1

The heart rate recorded my heartbeat for the entire 1hr + bike ride. and shows up clearly on my iPhone app.

Please help us.

Best Answer

I have exactly the same issue

App version: 3.19 (iOS)

Fitbit Charge 4 + Premium

GPS data got recorder, HR get recorded, but App fails to overlay them.

Best Answer

Hi Maria

A useful response, but not working for me .I have an iPhone 7 with IOS13.4.1 and Fitbit app 3.18. As other queries, after say two hours of exercise I see "not enough heart rate data available" 

Regards

Barney

Best Answer

Same issue. Charge 4. Version 3.19.1.

Best Answer

Hi, 

I have the same problem with my Iphone 8 / IOS 13.4.1

My map will show length, time, pace etc - but when it comes to Heart Zones, it only says "Not enough heart rate data available": 

Best Answer