Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app showing smaller on iPad after iOS12 update.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just updated my iPad to iOS 12 and now the Fitbit app is about 75% the size it was before I updated. It does not fill the full screen. I’m legally blind and now I can’t read any of the information without a magnifier. Before the update, I could see the information with just my glasses. Is there something I can do to get it back to full screen?

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
38 REPLIES 38

I have the same issue with it not fitting my iPad mini since the update to iOS 12 and the Fitbit app was updated too.  It no longer has 1x 2x.  It has an arrow to resize smaller or larger, but it no longer fits the page with the arrows facing inward as opposed to outward, which is the smaller version. 

Best Answer

Hello @Laura52, I hope you're doing well, thanks for joining the conversation. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing your experience with us. At this moment I would like to ask you for a screenshot of what you're able to see when the Fitbit app is open on your iPad mini so I can check this further. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, I'll be waiting to hear from you. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

Thank you for getting back to me.  Here is my screenshot with the app not fitting my full screen like With both the iOS 12 update and the app update.Fitbit ScreenshotFitbit Screenshot

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Dlstrek1, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's always great to greet new members! Smiley Happy

@Dlstrek1, I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for letting me know about this situation. Tell me, when you see the Fitbit app on your iPad, are you able to see a "1X" or "2X" on one of the corners of the screen too? It's possible that when the new OS update, the way the iPhone apps are displayed on an iPad has been reset. If you're not able to see "1X" or "2X" on the screen, please take a screenshot and reply to me with it so I can check this further. 

@Laura52 and @Dlstrek1, at this moment I would like to suggest you to force-quit the app and open it again. If the app is still not fitting the screen correctly, log out from it, restart the iPad and log back in. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, give these steps a try and keep me updated! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

1A87339B-4C4F-4259-B675-83582B69C12C.jpegI tried those steps last night and just tried them again now. Still no change. I do not see the 1x or 2x. Just arrows. Here is a screenshot. Sorry. I don’t know how to turn the photo.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also have the same issue. Since the iOS 12 update, the Fitbit app no longer fits the page. It is smaller. There are only arrows now instead of the 2x and 1x that was there before. I’ve already logged out and in and also removed the app and reinstalled it. None of these solutions worked. Any ideas how to fix this? Or are we all stuck with this small screen.

Best Answer

Hello @Dlstrek1, thanks for taking the time to reply, I hope you're doing well. It's nice to have you on board @Lkokos254, thanks for joining the conversation! Smiley Happy

@Dlstrek1, I appreciate you have shared with me a screenshot as requested. @Lkokos254 and @Dlstrek1, I would like to let you know that I have already shared this information with our development team about this situation affecting the Fitbit app on iPad and once I have a reply from them I'll make sure to update this thread. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, if there's anything else you might want to add or if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
There is no 1x or 2x anymore as stated before. It was replaced with arrows now. If they point in, they are at the once larger view and if outwards, the smaller view.

I already posted the screenshot in a previous email.
Laura

A positive attitude creates will.
A negative attitude creates nil.
Sent from iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

ScreenshotScreenshot

Best Answer
0 Votes

Smaller Screenshot with arrows pointing out for smaller screenSmaller Screenshot with arrows pointing out for smaller screen

Best Answer
0 Votes

I sincerely hope that Fitbit’s team can fix it so that the app fills up the screen because I really prefer it that way. Thank you, MarcoG, for trying to help us with this issue.

Best Answer

Thank you for passing on the information.  Your suggestion to force quit, log out, restart didn’t work for me either.  I did post both the larger and smaller size app screenshots.

Best Answer

Just updated and having the same problem.

Best Answer

Hello @Jim4lyn, thanks for joining the conversation, it's always a pleasure for me to welcome new members to the Fitbit Community. it's great to see you too @Lkokos254 and @Laura52, thanks for taking the time to reply.  Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation and for bringing this situation to my attention. At this moment as mentioned earlier, I have already reported this situation to our team and they're currently aware of this happening on iPad devices. Once I have more information to share with you about this, I'll make sure to post it here in the official Forums. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, I appreciate your report. If there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer

Have just updated my iPad and have got the screen issue as well please include me on your fix when released Jeff 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have this problem too, since updating to iOS 12. Nothing works as per all the other comments. Having the app this size does not make for easy usuage. Pleased address this problem urgently . 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Jeff45, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. It's nice to see you too @Frogletsmum, I hope you're doing well. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and reported this to us. At this moment I still don't have an update from our development team and currently I don't have a specific timeframe for when this issue will be resolved. Be sure that once I have more information, I'll post it here in the official Forums. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, I hope you have a great day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Me too !

the dashboard has shrunk on my iPad screen and it’s so irritating. Hope there’s a fix for this soon.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @lazygirl60, I hope you're doing well, thanks for joining the conversation. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing your experience. At this moment I don't have an update on this subject, but please be sure that once I do, I'll make sure to post it here in the official Forums. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding; in the meantime, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes