Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app shows no recent activity for me

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just started today..app showing no recent activity for me but showing friends.  Sometimes it shows then disappears.  Help!!  My app is up to date, have an iOS phone

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Iwas able to resolve this on my own. I had tried the suggested thing of going to the Fitbitent to my picture to access .com dashboard but that lead to a dead end. On my iPhone, I went to my picture (top left corner) to access my settings. Scroll down past "set up a device" and go to Social and Sharing. Under Privacy, I changed Average Daily Steps to allow friends to see it. That worked! I never made that private; perhaps that was something in the update that was rolled out this week!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
38 REPLIES 38

Same issue … everything  was fine this morning, now getting “no recent activity”  on friends page.  On my dashboard I can see previous day’s activity.  What is going on? Obviously I’m not alone!  Is this a Fitbit system issue?  Help!

Best Answer

Having the same problem. Also have IOS phone. Customer service was no help at all

Best Answer

Just noticed it as well. Restarted my iPhone, updated the app, logged out and back in. Not sure what else to do. 

Best Answer

same here. 

Best Answer

My phone was fine Thursday morning, but in the evening it said I had no recent activity.  The rest of the app is showing everything.  What’s going on?!  Also closed the app and restarted the phone.  No change.

Best Answer

After trying everything and even Fitbit Chats suggestion, nothing works.  I was to on desketop go to settings, profile, then friends scroll to bottom and click on "show me"..well that option isn't available...so she was sending to management to look into..something happened yesterday since we all have the same issue.  Mine was fine in the morning, then gone..friends are starting to show as inactive too..so hopefully will find a solution and fix.  

Best Answer

Very frustrating w charge 5 & iPhone 14. I can see friends steps but in my community-friends I cannot see my steps & my friends cannot see my steps. Not good for our little challenge! I even tried logging out of app, deleting app, power off/on iPhone, redownloading app, logging in app & NO CHANGE

still “no recent activity message”?

Best Answer

Same here! 
no help from Fitbit Chat!  Very frustrating 

Best Answer

Same for me so I went to the dashboard on my computer. Looked at my friends tile. I'm not included on there. 

Best Answer

She told me to do the update and that would fix it but it did not. Didn’t realize there are others with the same issue.

Best Answer

Same for me 

Best Answer

Same for me - I got a new Charge 5 at Christmas. It’s my 3rd Fitbit so have been using the app for years. I have had the same issue just this week. Updating the app did work initially but now back to the same “no recent activity” despite trying every suggested solution - not impressed.

Best Answer

Same issue. Noticed the activity came and went for 2 days and now it gone.

Best Answer

I spent the evening doing everything you mentioned and none of it worked. Then after I’d given up, when I went to sync at the end of the day…Shazam! My steps were showing again and I have no idea what made the difference.

Mrs Packrat
Best Answer

Same here. That option didn’t even show up in the list. Crazy huh?

iOS has had some recent updates. Wondering if that might have had something to do with it since we all seem to be iOS users. 🤷🏼‍:female_sign:

I don’t know it it’s a Fitbit or iOS is at fault. 

Moderator Edit: Merge replies 

Mrs Packrat
Best Answer

I hadn’t updated my iPhone so it doesn’t seem to be the update. In fact the rep said to update it and it should be fine but it didn’t help. Hope the inure it out soon.

Best Answer

Just received the same explanation, no help for this issue. Frustrating!!!! 

Best Answer
Mine’s magically showing again. 🤷🏼‍:female_sign:

Sent from my iPhone
Mrs Packrat
Best Answer

Iwas able to resolve this on my own. I had tried the suggested thing of going to the Fitbitent to my picture to access .com dashboard but that lead to a dead end. On my iPhone, I went to my picture (top left corner) to access my settings. Scroll down past "set up a device" and go to Social and Sharing. Under Privacy, I changed Average Daily Steps to allow friends to see it. That worked! I never made that private; perhaps that was something in the update that was rolled out this week!

Best Answer