Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app steps don’t match Activity steps

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, 

I use my Apple Watch for motion tracking. So the Fitbit app uses mobiletrack which I believe gets its info from the apple Activity app. So why don’t the steps on the two apps match???

Yes I synced the Fitbit app which was a separate problem as the Sync Now was gray’ed out until I uninstalled and reinstalled the Fitbit app 🤦🏾‍:male_sign:

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi @JKoooool. Welcome to the forums.

Thanks for sharing that your steps aren't matching with your activity, let me help you with this. Let me share that MobileTrack is a feature that uses your phone's sensors to track basic activity data and sync it with the Fitbit app, which differs from the way your Apple watch tracks your steps. Essentially your phone will work as another tracker and will count steps on its own, separate from your Apple watch. Fitbit and any other apps will not exchange information in this case. This will explain why you'll see different readings on both.

About the All-Day Sync button being grayed out, I appreciate you for trying to uninstall and reinstall the Fitbit app and don't hesitate to let me know if the same happens again.

See you around.

Best Answer