Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to log in to the app. / SSL Error

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Every time i try and login to my app in the last week it comes up with an ssl error message saying it cannot identify the server. I've tried resetting my password, deleting and reloading the app but nothing is working. I can log into the Fitbit website from my iPad but not the iPhone app. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
15 REPLIES 15

Hello @Nickytabs, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

Would it be possible for you to reply with a screenshot of the error message you're getting when trying to log in to your account? That will be very helpful for me to check this issue further. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, I'll be waiting for your reply. Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

Help! I just did a software update on my iPhone and now I can’t access my Fitbit app! I can’t even connect to fitbit.com! Comes up with error unable to establish a secure connection. Logging into my Fitbit app, an SSL error is all I get. I’m gutted! I’m in the middle of a challenge & I don’t want to loose all my achievements by creating a new account. What’s happened?

Moderator Edit: Format.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is all I get when I try to log in!This is all I get when I try to log in!

Best Answer

Hello @TrisR, I hope you're having a great day, thanks for joining the conversation. Smiley Happy

At this moment I would like to ask you to turn of WiFi when trying to log in to the Fitbit app. Once you're able to log in, turn it back on. This has been proven to be very helpful for many members of the Community facing the same situation. If you're still getting this error or a new one, please let me know so I can check this further.

Thanks for your patience and understanding, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Best Answer

I came upon this site by Googling because I have had this same issue today after an update to the iPhone app.  As it turns out, I was "connected" to a guest internet at my work where my phone hadn't automatically acknowledged a splash screen to actually connect to the internet.  So for me, it was an internet connection issue and not an issue with the app as I originally thought. I don't know if that helps anyone narrow down their own problem, but I was in a location where the wifi normally just connects, so I didn't think to see if it was a wifi issue at first.

Best Answer

same!!!! i have an apple ipod i did all the things you did!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@aw19 sorry to hear this, as @rcktgirl05 mentions we have seen this SSL error associated with internet connection. One thing to check, if you are using cellular data, can you try logging in using Wifi? 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
0 Votes

But I don't have cellular, so if I turn off my wifi it will just say no internet connection. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
same.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Saw same error when trying to login from app on iPod.  We have Disney Circle on our WiFi network which was blocking the app from accessing the FitBit login servers.  In particular, if Circle is filtering content for "Kid" and below for the specific device, then FitBit app will get this error.  Setting the filter to "Teen" resolved this problem.

Best Answer

thanks a million!! this was exactly my problem for my daughter. changed the profile to 'teen' as you stated and fixed!! Plus i got major brownie points tonight for fixing the problem.:)

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @schwallski and @fbcircle, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

Thanks for reporting your findings, I'm very glad you were able to log in after changing the settings on your internet filter. I'm sure your tips will be very helpful for people facing the same exact situation. 

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Our Disney Circle filter was already set at Teen for my son's device but was having same login issues that only went away when I disabled Circle. Obviously can’t leave Circle disabled forever. Any Circle users know how to allow or change the filter just for the Fitbit app? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Leowall, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have brought this to my attention and let me know your Parental Control filter was the one blocking the access to the Fitbit app. I'm not familiarized with Circle but if it works like other Parental Control apps, it might be possible to add a custom filter to enable certain websites and apps to be allowed through it. 

Thanks for your understanding, please keep me updated. If there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just ran into this issue with a variety of error messages.

I'm posting this here so that the search engines will pick this up (since I just read several other threads which were not helpful).

I saw "Oops, looks like there's no Internet connection" when I tried to change clock faces in settings.

I saw "Fitbit is down for maintenance" when I uninstalled the app, reinstalled and tried to log in.

I saw "No network connection" on various other actions in the app.

Then I tried turning off WiFi and just using mobile data and then it suddenly started working. 

That's when I figured it might be related to Circle and then found this post.

Best Answer
0 Votes